Hope | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hope

:D That is some positive news, but I wish we'd stop getting/finding so much talent in our secondary and get some more in our offense.

Another safety couldn't hurt, especially one who describes himself as a big hitter. Also, you know he's gonna play 100% when he gets a chance because the guys a sixth round pick, he's gotta prove himself more than others.
Talented depth doesn't hurt especially when he could be good enough to start soon.

Hope is something we on this board need. Only prob is the more hope and praise everyone gets on the team, the higher the expectations will be. If Y.Bell is such a stud and if Feeley is the next savior, this team has no excuses to fail. Setting a high standard is tough, 'specially when we havent gone to the playoffs in 2 years. F it, it's Super Bowl time for Miami!

WOW.. This Miami team is STACKED in the secondary.

The CB's go 4 deep and the safeties go 4 deep as well.

This is a good thing too, because last year, opponents had their best success against Miami when they spread out the Miami defense. Teams had more room to run when Miami was spread out.

If Yeremiah Bell beats out Edwards and Freeman, that says ALOT about the kid. He was practically seen as a sure-fire backup. He'd have to light it up to be the starter next to Knight. I'm excited about this Miami secondary.

SIGN OGUN TO A LONG-TERM DEAL!!!

Well DW has reasons to be optimistic about, he states some of them in the article. We all know his famous cliche, "We're this Close!"

There is someone new, to make final personnel desicions, other than Dave. RS has, on paper upgraded the OL, the secondary, the WR corps and the Special Teams and is working out a way to keep CC and Wale as a Finz.

Let's hope that the backup QB role is finally settled in TC. I believe the backup QB has been a major contributor in our failures the last few years, we were 5-8 (.38%) with DH, Lucas and BG. With those backups the team scored an average 14 ppg. I don't believe that our 4 year QB (JF) is the weakest link on this team. The team has scored, in spite of him, an average of 21 ppg in a 35-16 (.69%) record. After all, the Patriots have also average 21 ppg with T. Brady as a starter.

DW has brought a QB coach this year to strictly coach the QBs, we did not really have Norv putting alot of time with them last year. Mike Shula was shurely missed in 03'. I am sure Norv had to make time for game planning, specially when our OL and WR, were the weakest link on the team. :(

DW has brought in a new WR coach and recently has promoted their newly aquired TE, coach to OC. I know, will just have to see how this pans out.

Bottom line, with the upgrades (on paper), to our weakest areas on the Offense, including improving our backup QB situation (JF or AJ) and strenthing our Defense, DW has a right to be optomistic... :) and SO AM I... :D

That's my $2 dollars worth, or a gallon of gasoline for those that might be a little pessimistic... ;)

Back
Top Bottom