Hope? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hope?

SweepeR

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I jsut remembered how last year NicK Saban was interested in smith and was really high on him but he wan'st on the board but he did try to bluff with edwards so SF woudl pick hhim up n smith woudl have still been there. personally i think we got a break that we got RB due to smith being off the board as we can pick up a better QB this year but my point is, unlike the past, we did look into a QB this year in the 1st round so there is a chance that saban will go after something of this nature again as he does konw for a fact taht a QB is a must now and that he might pull some tricks to get a leinart type player possibly. Btw. was mueller around during this draft? or no?

Mueller was later and I think he has an eye for QB's. I think Saban was gunning for Ronnie from the outset. There is a slight chance we may get Leinart himself, heck it happened to Aaron Rodgers, so it can happen again.

Regan21286 said:
Mueller was later and I think he has an eye for QB's. I think Saban was gunning for Ronnie from the outset. There is a slight chance we may get Leinart himself, heck it happened to Aaron Rodgers, so it can happen again.

No way Leinart slips, he os #1 overall...unless he gets injured between now and then.

There is evidence that Saban was not going to take a QB no matter which one was on the board when we picked. Pete Carroll later revealed after the draft that Saban had told him that the Phins weren't taking a QB no matter what. Since Carroll kept it a secret until after the draft, I can only conclude Saban told him not to tell anyone. I know everyone will be like oh yeah but thats what these coaches do they lie through their teeth etc, but what he said to Carroll contradicted the posturing he did to show that the Phins liked Alex Smith...and Carroll kept it a secret. So, I'm thinking that was the truth. Saban had decided that neither QB was worth it. It was Ronnie Brown, or trade...the whole time.

Why would he be talking to Carroll about it? Do yo uthink he was prodding him for inof about Leinert (sp?)?

Phinadict said:
Why would he be talking to Carroll about it? Do yo uthink he was prodding him for inof about Leinert (sp?)?

Maybe, it could've been around the time Leinart was coming out..or they could just be good friends.:confused2

Well actually, from what I can remember, it sounded like Saban wasn't going to take Leinart either. If I remember right, it was a call from Carroll to Saban on behalf of Leinart to try and figure out where Leinart would have gone in the draft if he entered. Saban told him flat out, we're not taking a QB. Period.

ckparrothead said:
Well actually, from what I can remember, it sounded like Saban wasn't going to take Leinart either. If I remember right, it was a call from Carroll to Saban on behalf of Leinart to try and figure out where Leinart would have gone in the draft if he entered. Saban told him flat out, we're not taking a QB. Period.

Yeah I thought it might have been one way or another about Leinart. Sounds like you said though that he was definitely either taking Brown or trying to bait someone for a trade then hope Brown was still there.

ether79 said:
No way Leinart slips, he os #1 overall...unless he gets injured between now and then.

He could get injured. Anything's fair game. Or Miami somehow pulls off a trade that lands them a high pick. One thing is for certain, Saban had better not start Gus next year. I think last year he was certain to pick Ronnie Brown and that was it. I hope he realizes that Gus is not the answer, not now, not for the next 3 years.

i'm so glad about:

a) we picked #2
b) leinart didn't declare for the draft

we would've had smith for sure

ckparrothead said:
why do you say this or how do you know? why would we not take one for a FACT? i dont get this info u have. how reliable is it and why?:confused: :confused:

Back
Top Bottom