Hot GM prospects for dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hot GM prospects for dolphins

MARLINSFAN305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Here is an Article talking about GM prospects at the beggining of the year. It talks favorably about Brian Gaines as though he might have been more responsible for the Cowboys decent run on talent then Ireland. Only other one on list who got employed after article was mckenzie. So comment away who you think dolphins should go after.

http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d825b843b/

How about a GM who has Built a Super Bowl Team before?.....Just a Thought?

Gaines would make most sense so we do not have to blow this thing up again with new coaches and systems. That is of course if Philbin and staff show some promise this year.

Gaines would make most sense so we do not have to blow this thing up again with new coaches and systems. That is of course if Philbin and staff show some promise this year.

i like the gaines idea also bc of what you stated.

My first choice would be Eric DeCosta of the Ravens.

IF we do not want to part ways with Philbin, I would think Brian Gaine or Russ Ball would be logical. I think Joe deserves three or four years to make an impact with Tannehill and his system. I do not want a coaching change anytime soon. A new and big time GM might want his own guy obviously.

I like Gaine a lot and I cannot stress enough there is Kirk Ferentz with Gaine and Philbin. Both consider Ferentz as having a major influence in their football lives.

My first choice would be to wait a little longer than week 1.

My issue with Bill Polian is Peyton Manning is no longer a FA (I always thought if Ross had canned Ireland and hired Pollian we would have had a shot a Manning) and you will be saddled with Chris Polian.

The Falcons improved the same time that we initially improved (on the back of Chad Pennington). However, Atlanta has steadily improved the talent pool in the subsequent years, to the point where they now have few holes. They appear to draft consistently well and been prepared to give up a lot for uber talent, in Julio Jones. If Les Snead (Director of Player Personnel) has been a significant part of that, then he could be good. However, it may be the Falcon GM, Thomas Dimitroff, is the key to the steady improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:
All you guys that want the "big time" GM are greasing the skids for Philbin to get the ax. I have been on record of wanting other candidates during the process. However, now that he is hired he should be allowed to let his system develop. He is has a QB he believes in and right or wrong Joe has a philosophy he believes in. A legit GM might give him a year, but if there is no success, he will want his own guy.

You got to find a match with someone that knows Philbin in some capacity.

honestly look at flaccor ryan freeman sanchez stafford.... 4-5 years starting... they all had hard times you just have to stick it out. these players are STILL developing, taking on more responsibility ect ect. this can't be figrued out in 1 week or 1 year its minimum 3-4 years. unfortunately for henne it just didnt happen but had he been handled differently you NEVER know....

tannehill can be good but hell never be like an alex smith right now or rodgers, hell be the kind of guy who turns the ball over a little more

The grass isn't always greener. This thread is horrible.

Back
Top Bottom