Hot GM prospects for dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hot GM prospects for dolphins

The grass isn't always greener. This thread is horrible.

Then why are you here? Not like the title of the thread is confusing. Little early for the topic, but not out of the realm of possibility.

Eliot Wolf
Has worked with the majority of this staff from Green Bay
and is the son of Ron Wolf

• Named director of pro personnel on May 23, 2012. First joined Packers in 2004 as a pro personnel assistant (2004-2008); named assistant director of pro personnel (2008-2010) and assistant director of player personnel (2011).
  • Currently the youngest director of pro personnel in the NFL.
  • The son of former Packers general manager Ron Wolf, Eliot’s scouting career unofficially began at age 10, when he joined his father in film sessions at Lambeau Field.
  • Has worked 20 consecutive Packers drafts (since 1993) and 20 consecutive NFL scouting combines.
  • Graduated from the University of Miami (Fla.) in December 2003 after just 3½ years in order to begin his NFL career before the 2004 NFL Draft.
  • Born in Oakland, Calif., is a 2000 high school graduate of Green Bay’s Notre Dame Academy.

Eliot Wolf enters his ninth season with the Packers and first as the director of pro personnel after being promoted on May 23, 2012. Prior to his current role, Wolf spent the 2011 season as the team’s assistant director of player personnel and the previous three seasons as assistant director of pro personnel (2008-2010).

Originally named as a pro personnel assistant on Feb. 26, 2004, by then-General Manager/Head Coach Mike Sherman, Wolf spent four seasons in that position.
Currently the youngest pro personnel director in the NFL, his primary duties include scouting teams in the NFL and in-season advance scouting of upcoming Packers opponents. Wolf also is involved with college scouting during the season and is very active in the Packers draft.

He’s also worked 20 consecutive Packers drafts (since 1993), and nine NFL scouting internships — five with the Packers, three with the Atlanta Falcons and one with the Seattle Seahawks. Wolf has attended 20 consecutive NFL scouting combines.

Thoughts??

I'd sign up in a millisecond for Eliot Wolf or Eric DeCosta. People are getting too worried about the effects of a new GM...Ireland HAS to get shown the door, he has continued to crap all over any semblance of a competitive team and is the man directly responsible for the lack of talent we have on this team, short of a .500 or better record this season, he's done nothing to IMPROVE this team, he's pawned off all of our issues on Ross as coaching problems while he's skated by despite records that have regressed under his watch. If Philbin is a casualty to that then so be it, in today's NFL there has been MANY examples of quick rebuilds, not this 6 year plan that Ireland is apparently on, the 49ers were a team at our level and the addition of Harbaugh and Balkee, guys that can actually acquire talent and draft correctly has turned them into a legitimate contender, even making everyone forget how horrible of a QB Alex Smith was for 7 years running...

I have little doubt that we will NOT be negatively impacted by getting rid of Ireland, the guy has ZERO plan, he trades away any of our legitimate players and doesn't have the foresight to replace them, in fact, he seems to create more holes than we had as time passes, he has no clue how to put together a competitive team in today's NFL IMO...bring in someone who values the skill positions please...

Pleased in a completely irrelevant way that two of the people ive been bringing up recently are named. Russ Ball and Scot McCloughan.

Ball's an unknown, but McCloughan by and large built the current 49'ers team. We can do alot worse then drafting Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, etc.

Not a chance the Niners would let him go, and why would he leave there for here? They're moving into a new stadium in the next few seasons, their team is successful, he's got it made there.

Not a chance the Niners would let him go, and why would he leave there for here? They're moving into a new stadium in the next few seasons, their team is successful, he's got it made there.

If your talking about McCloughan, he was fired before the 13-3 season. "Personal reasons". He was going through a divorce when the 49'ers fired him, but apparently he was blindsided(and fans, players) when he was let go. No one knows the exact reason why he was let go and he refuses to speak publically about it. Trent Baalke is their new GM. McCloughan currently works for the Seahawks and was in the running for the Raiders job before they went for Reggie McKenzie(a former Raiders player).

McCloughan was open to working with new coaches, having been given the general manager job at the same time Nolan was hired as coach and going with Jed York in hiring Mike Singletary.

Now that ive praised him openly, watch him get hired by the Dolphins and start trading away picks for Matt Leinhart or something.

Honestly...at this point I think I'd rather have freaking Carl Peterson. Ireland seems to me like he's been afforded opportunities to clean up his own mess and we've experienced a talent and overall team regression since he's gotten here...his talent evaluation is atrocious to say the least...I can only speculate that Ross is really oblivious and has Ireland whispering BS into his ear...

Here is an Article talking about GM prospects at the beggining of the year. It talks favorably about Brian Gaines as though he might have been more responsible for the Cowboys decent run on talent then Ireland. Only other one on list who got employed after article was mckenzie. So comment away who you think dolphins should go after.

http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d825b843b/

I think it is time we move away from the Cowturds, Parcells, Sparano and the rest of them retreads. I think George Paton, the Viking's Asst GM would be a nice fit here. He worked for Spielman and the Phins back in 2001, and has lots of scouting experience, and a great reputation.

Also, we shouldn't ignore the bevy of picks and over $50 Million in Cap space that we have this upcoming offseason. It would sure be nice to have someone at the helm that knows what to do with all that. Another strike against Ireland is our current dire cap situation and our crappy roster, there's no way he deserves to have a chance to spend some of that newfound cap room next offseason...

Lol, do u know where he is right now? Go take a look at the bucs draft this year.
Butch is a defensive consultant for the Bucs...he had nothing to do with the Bucs draft. What's freakin hilarious with Butch is that in his first season as a head coach of the Browns he didn't take a single player from UM...he took a DL from UF...Warren I believe, who was a bust. He might have been able to recruit talent to UM and coach them up but he didn't have a clue how to evaluate talent for an NFL team.

Back
Top Bottom