Hot QB Garbage | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hot QB Garbage

Michael Morris

Active Roster
Reaction score
I know there are some really good defensive teams in the playoffs like the Bills, Jags, Saints, Panthers, etc but there are some really bad to very average qb play with some of these teams. Just not many good qb's to go around as your starter or backup anymore. As much as we have other needs I'm almost wanting us to take a sure things at QB. If not get the best impact defensive player out there and build our defense to be the dominant force of the team. It's like if your building a Championship team you either have to get lucky and find a franchise qb or build a top shelf defense. Thought about this after watching the Jags and Bills.

If there's one thing I've learned from this wildcard weekend is that we NEED to improve both our defense and our running game. Enough is enough of being poor in those two areas.

Our defense definite. I would also say a start now capable rookie if Tanny can't go or return to pre-injury effectiveness. I think our running game got better and just needs more tweaking(coaching or a personal change or two on the o-line but not a major rebuild.

A lot of crappy QBs in the post season this year - Tyron, Bortles, Foles, Keenum and some guys who are mediocre or unproven yet like Goff and Smith.

Really you just have Big Ben, Brady and Brees as truly elite QBs out of 12 teams - so much has had to do w QB injuries this season. I’d be shocked if one of those 3 doesn’t win it.

I used to support the argument that a great D and avg QB could get it done - with the rules so tilted toward the pass game I don’t think the Dilfers and heck even Flacco’s can win the SB anymore.

Need to mess w the rules to walk this back in order to keep the product interesting.

If there's one thing I've learned from this wildcard weekend is that we NEED to improve both our defense and our running game. Enough is enough of being poor in those two areas.

Starts with putting together an offensive line that doesn't need half a season to gel.

You get that, you score more points, you have a better run game, you have more time of possession, you have better field position and the defense by default improves.

The D has been gathering young talent. . . . That OLine needs to be a strength for it all to come together.

I'm meaning drafting the best prospect out there in either the 1st or 2nd round. Maybe even trading up. I'm not evaluating game film so not my job to decide who. I stay in my lane as a fan.

Give me two interior linemen and a TE. I rather have a built up offensive line and talent for a QB turning 30 With a bum knee. As for QB drafting, not gonna happen this year. They are all in with tannehill.

Watching BUF-JAX should tell all. Defense, defense, defense. That should be our priority in the next two drafts.

Fit a TE and RB in there and we're set.

Defense is nice but either one of those teams could of been up by a lot more if they had competent qb's. If the Jags play good D next week and play the same ole offensive the Steelers will beat them by two touchdowns easily. You are asking too much for a defensive to play that close to the vest. There aren't many 2000 Ravens or 2002 Bucs defensive's.

An elite defense and running game can get you into divisional round of the playoffs with Blake Bortles as the QB. Enough said.

Replace Bortles with Tannehill and next week would be their first playoff game.

Defense is nice but either one of those teams could of been up by a lot more if they had competent qb's. If the Jags play good D next week and play the same ole offensive the Steelers will beat them by two touchdowns easily. You are asking too much for a defensive to play that close to the vest. There aren't many 2000 Ravens or 2002 Bucs defensive's.
this. Rule changes have killed the sport. The possibility of anyone winning it all is pretty much dead. Those QBs wouldn’t sniff the Lombardi today - either would Simms, Hosenfefeer, theisman, Rypien etc. Goodell can rot in hell.

I couldn’t help but thinking as Romo was calling that game, what was going through his mind watching thay QB play.

Back
Top Bottom