How about offering RW more money? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How about offering RW more money?

finsrclowns

finsrclowns
Reaction score
Most of you realize already that a decision like Ricky's, made hastily, has to be one that he may change his mind about someday. Why not give him a new contract and make that someday today? I realize it's not cool what he did, and it's a bad precedent to reward bad behavior, but Ricky just singlehandedly flushed your season down the crapper. If I were the fins I'd pull out the checkbook and see just how retired he really is. And before you dump on this think about this point: none of you know just how angry he may be about having to pay that pot fine- a new deal with an extra say 600K for this year might go a long way towards changing 'ol Ricky's thinking. Sure as h$ll it's worth a try, isn't it? But no doubt I'd also have behavior clauses in a new deal that requires him to stay clean AND not even threaten retirement again or the deal is voided.

FiN.in.RI said:
its not the money, bozo.

I say it is, at least partly, about the fine. And I also think he may change his mind with some "incentive". The thing is WTF do you have to lose?

finsrclowns said:
I say it is, at least partly, about the fine. And I also think he may change his mind with some "incentive". The thing is WTF do you have to lose?

HAve you read ANY of the articles? He plainly noted money as one of the things he wanted to get away from. He talked of putting money in the glove box of a car with it unlocked hoping people would find it. It talked of giving money away to total strangers. Maybe giving him a contract where he gets no money would be a better idea. REALLY dude this is not about money.

NCFINFAN38 said:
HAve you read ANY of the articles? He plainly noted money as one of the things he wanted to get away from. He talked of putting money in the glove box of a car with it unlocked hoping people would find it. It talked of giving money away to total strangers. Maybe giving him a contract where he gets no money would be a better idea. REALLY dude this is not about money.

Anybody get the make, model, or plate # of that car? :hmmm:

ThxRicky said:
just pay him in pot and zoloft

:roflmao:

I'm not saying there are not several screws that need tightening in RW's empty mullet, but just remember rule #1 about sports, whenever an athlete SAYS it's not about the money, it's about the money. And even if it's not about the the money TODAY, very soon it will be. Reality WILL set in, if it hasn't already. Ricky's 27, he'll be back someday. But unless you can find a way to convince him VERY soon(I'd still go with money) it won't be in South Florida.

Back
Top Bottom