How bad are Crowder's knees? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How bad are Crowder's knees?

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
They way Kiper described the condition of Crowder's knees, he made it sound like it would be a miracle if he could even play at all. Does anybody have any insight into this?

He got a letter from his doctor saying that his knees are fine. He's had four surgeries on his knees, so there are some questions.

However, based on ability alone, this guy is the best linebacker in the draft. Go look at my top 32, and you will see that I had him as the 13th best player period.

This was a defensive move in more than one way. I am very sure that New England was prepared to select the guy at the end of the third round if we did not get him, and New England wouldn't care if he's only got a 5 year career ahead of him, because they need help in 2005 with Bruschi probably out for the year.

Channing Crowder would have been dangerous as a Patriot. We stole him from them.

Well, Crowder was a near-certain first round pick before the medical reports came out. Some teams took him off their board entirely, but there was still, from what I heard, a lot of interest in late round 2/early round 3. Kiper's talk about him being a second day pick was silly, given his huge upside.
Crowder's a boom or bust pick, there's no getting around it. He's either going to be a star, or he's out of the NFL in two or three years.

KB21 said:
He got a letter from his doctor saying that his knees are fine. He's had four surgeries on his knees, so there are some questions.

However, based on ability alone, this guy is the best linebacker in the draft. Go look at my top 32, and you will see that I had him as the 13th best player period.

You're a Gator fan right? If you are, did you make this assessment keeping in mind his physical condition and without a Gator Goggles? I'm just asking cuz I''m trying to get an objective scoop.

NFLDraftCountdown has him as the best ILB in the draft.

Regarding his injuries, Channing was recently examined by doctor James Andrews, who had this to say about Channing's knees."Both knees are stable at this time with no evidence of any degenerative changes. There is no reason this young man cannot continue to play football, even at the highest level, with the current status of his knees. I feel confident the patient is not at any increased risk of having additional ACL tears."

Regarding this doctor, James Andrews (I researched whether this guy was a paid quack and found this on an independent site, not the one with that report):

Dr. James Andrews is the Co-Founder of the Alabama Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center, the medical director for numerous sports teams, and a leading pioneer in sports medicine. He is widely recognized for his role in advancing the field of knee, shoulder and elbow surgery. He has mentored over 125 fellows throughout the course of his academic career, and is considered one of the foremost orthopaedic surgeons and sports doctors in the world. Over the course of his career, he has operated on a remarkable number of prominent athletes, including Troy Aikman, Roger Clemens, and Jack Nicklaus.

he was 18 and replaced his acl with a transplant....but he had surgery on both knees
he has been healthy since sitting out 2002.

if he stays healthy he is a ray lewis type.....good in coverage and a smash mouth hitter...like a saftey in the short range coverage ..........would of gone 1st rnd if he wasn't in a bar fight.....but saban tried to recruit him and knows him well!

No. I'm a Mississippi State fan.

KB21 said:
No. I'm a Mississippi State fan.

Oh OK. I must have you confused w/ someone else who was in love w/ Spurrier and the Gators.

ACL injuries you can recover from and return to full form. It's more the off-field troubles i'm worried about. Remember Cecil Collins, Lawrence Phillips, Demetrius Underwood - we gambled -we lost!

i don't know about 13th best overall.....be he has a huge upside ...but still has to play more.....very smart guy though....3.5 gpa

Well, I just hope he doesn't stabb anyone(RL...lol)but he's the best ILB on this draft and if Nick can keep him on line and stays healthy, we got ourself this year's Poole, only he's got even more talent.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom