How Bad is Our Secondary? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Bad is Our Secondary?

4evaFinz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ok guys I hear all the whining abou our defensive secondary, and honestly I am worried as well. But should we be? We know Saban is coming in a desciple of Billy B. We know we will be running the 4-3/3-4 prototype defense. We know there will be a strong zone scheme, with a hell of alot of blitzing. Is our secondary all that bad? New England won the superbowl with...

Randall Gay
Hank Poteat
Rodney Harrison
Dexter Reid
Eugene Wilson

vs.

Sam Madison
Travis Daniels
Lance Schulters
Tebucky Jones
Reggie Howard

All of a sudden our secondary looks really good...

Now of course Harrison is a beast, but who are the rest of the guys? They are nobodies in the NFL. If our linebackers and d-line can apply the pressure, and fool the offense our secondary will do great. Just like the Patriots' did.

we'll be fine, just don't start Howard

pats have samuels too if i am not mistaken.....and your right it does look pretty decent on paper...when compared to the pats...they do need to get thier act right though

Bell able to play nickel?

He is a safety and I don't think he matches up well in a nickel situation. You need a corner in that position.

Lee2000

Your right, they did have Asanti Samuels. Don't know how I missed him, but before last season he wasa nobody as well. I kind of like Howard at nickelback, but Bell may be better. We'd have to give him a shot as none of us have seen him. As for Bobby Taylor... HELL YA!

Bobby and Madison will make the best oldie CB tandem in the NFL. :lol:

Damn that give Reggie Howard the pink slip by the end of this week's TC.

He got smoked on every play when the ball was thrown on his side.

That catch Muhammad made inside the 5 that gave them that TD Howard looked pathetic.

At least Daniels has familiarity with the schemes Saint Nick has.He's a rookie and he'll take his usual rookie lumps but so what from what I hear he has excellent recovery speed so that could've been an INT or pass deflection had he played with the 1st team.

Dolphin1184 said:
Chad Kroeger should play corner.

:rofl3::rofl3:

I was like wh othe hell is that? Then I saw the nickelback quote...

Back
Top Bottom