How 'bout those 'Wildcats' on D..? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How 'bout those 'Wildcats' on D..?

Fish-Head

U made the pudding but forgot the proof.
Reaction score
With all of the talk about the 'Wildcat' formation and what we did on Offense I thought it might be prudent to switch a little of the spotlight to the 'D' and talk about some of the things they did...

The DL... Langford, Merling and STARKS... What a play he made on that screen pass... Nice read and very athletic!

Porter obviously 'walked the walk' but the nice surprise was the secondary...

Bell was a demon... simply unblockable... Hill played great and the tackling was excellent in compared to one week earlier... Crocker actually played well in spot duty and you can thank Allen that Moss' number was not called much...

Pasqualoni needs to get props just as much as Henning, he consistently found ways to pressure Cassel and rattled him early... no running game to speak of and in fact we were only victimized by poor special teams coverage that gave the Pats a short field on a number of occasions...

Lastly the ATTITUDE... We looked aggressive and relentless... I thought our guys just played 'bigger' and hopefully we can look to this game as the game where our 'D' began to take on a 'character'... It was something to see.

I agree! Of course, the D always has a better chance to shine when the offense is working. It's nice to see our defensive guys getting a breather on the side line for a change.

I love it....DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS BABY and we got the framework for a stud defense.....young athletic nasty d line....Linebackers playing better and the secondary i think Lehan, Allen, Hill and Bell is the combo that needs to start.

Bell is a monster and Hill though not the most talented is extremely smart was around the ball made great breaks was reading the QB well it think if this secondary can hold guys down our d line and Lb's will get tons of sacks they are RELENTLESS MOFO's

I think all i have to say is Kendall Langford...what a steal

Well I was happiest to see a real character out there... Aggressive and nasty... Couple more games like that and we are going to need a nickname for them... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom