How did you become a Dolphins fan? and are you a diehard? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How did you become a Dolphins fan? and are you a diehard?

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
I was born and raised in Syracuse, NY, and still live here, my Grandpa moved from Syr to Miami in the early 60's, my dad would go down there and stay with him weeks at a time and they would go to some of the games at the orange bowl, they actually went to a couple of the 72 perfect season games, well anyway, my dad became a fan and when me and my brother were babies he would dress us in dolphin gear and stuff lol and then when I was around 4 or 5 years old my grandpa mailed up personalized autographs from Dan Marino, to brian, to mike! and ever since then I was hooked and now I'm a diehard, been a phinatic for about 22 years now, I wish I wasn't so emotionally invested in this team but I cant help it, when they lose on Sundays it takes me until at least Wednesday to get over the loss! But you would be surprised there are a lot of dolphin fans up here! what about everybody else?

I was born and live in the UK and I had never heard of the NFL until late one night in 1983 soon after Channel 4 began broadcasting here, they were showing the Redskins - Dolphins SB XVII

Dolphins lost, but I was hooked and picked the fins as my team. . and now here in 2011 after all this time i still follow the fins and am a passionate ambassador for the sport here in the UK. . preaching it wherever I can.

Loving the International Series so we brits can get some of the NFL over here, been to all 4 games 2007-2010 and going again this year.

two words: DAN MARINO!!! and yes of course I am a diehard, anyone who still follows this team closely year in and year out despite being given every reason not to is a diehard in my opinion, I love all sports and the fins are by far the most heartbreaking team i follow, but I will love them till the end and hope things get better, I always say that my favorite teams are like my children, I don't love them because they're good or successful, I love them because they're mine! and that's how I feel about the fins, here's to a brighter future!

I was about 9 or 10 yrs old and didnt know n e thing about the NFL having moved to the US only a few yrs before. I was a big basketball/Magic Johnson fan. I was watching ESPN about the 1972 season during the b-ball offseason and it peaked my interest in the NFL and seeing the whole undefeated thing was awesome. Not really knowing any teams I picked the dolphins since they were the only team I really knew and that was that.

back in 72 they were showing a Dolphins game while I was at a friends house...it was early in the year(maybe mid)and they were losing but my friend told me they hadn't lost a game yet so I started rooting for them right there....been a big fan ever since and back in 85 a girl at work started calling me Miami cause I was always talking about the team....in an instant everyone at work started calling me Danny Miami and to this day that's my nick name....my real name is Danny so it has nothing to do with Marino.....back in the day my week would be messed up if we lost but I don't let it get to me as much as I used to....love my Dolphins but God and family are way more important to me.

Ozzy rules!!

it was a tradition to watch Dan Marino every sunday as I was growing up. ........ i joined in watching when i was around 8 years old.

My dad was one, so I was born into it but I became a diehard fan once I joined Finheaven and was able to follow the Dolphins everyday! Now I am on this website about 5-10 times a day and check Dolphins news hourly. Too bad the last few years have been so disappointing :-(

Ever since i could grab a football I was a Miami fan. I even wore 13 in highschool. But Im a diehard in a way. I love tje Dolphins but i dont turn into a whiny ***** after they lose.

Growing up in ny, my dad was a huge jets fan. I loved football but could not love the jets. I began to love the jets-dolphins rivalry and dan marino. The rest is history. I am a die hard phins fan living in nj. I follow every move made during the offseason, pay for directv nfl package so i don't miss a game, and fly down to miami for at least 1 game each year. Love them so much that my heart actually breaks during times like this! Sad, i know...

Growing up in New York my dad was a huge Raiders fan when Madden was coaching and I became a Dolphins fan in 1970 at the age of 6 just to piss him off. I can't tell you how many times the Dolphins and Raiders played and I got sent to my room. I always stirred the pot, and my dad was a real sore loser.

Back
Top Bottom