How did you become a Dolphins fan? and are you a diehard? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How did you become a Dolphins fan? and are you a diehard?

I was born and live in the UK and I had never heard of the NFL until late one night in 1983 soon after Channel 4 began broadcasting here, they were showing the Redskins - Dolphins SB XVII

Dolphins lost, but I was hooked and picked the fins as my team. . and now here in 2011 after all this time i still follow the fins and am a passionate ambassador for the sport here in the UK. . preaching it wherever I can.

Loving the International Series so we brits can get some of the NFL over here, been to all 4 games 2007-2010 and going again this year.

Im from Canandaigua New York and your story is exactly like mine.The SB was the 1st NFL game i got to watch and from there Ive become a DieHard Dolphins Fan.

Moved to Miami when I was 4. I became a fan of the Dolphins/Hurricanes when I was 5 or 6, a Heat/Marlins fan when I was around 8, Panthers fan when I was around 14 or 15.

Born and raised in Miami so I love every team in Miami. Like someone said earlier if you are on the forums of an 0-3 team who has won nothing in MANY years you must be diehard.

Lived in the Tampa Bay area since 1969. When I was 8 yrs. old playing P.A.L. football, my first practice, my coach looked at me and said "Offensive tackle!". I was a pretty big kid, always had to strip down to my undies to make weight. So during the first 'real' practice, I spent learning how to block. Then at the end of practice, we were doing 20 yrd. windsprints and I was beating everyone by 3 to 5 yrds. It was then that the coach had a different plan for me. I was now the new fullback/tailback. I liked the contact and even though I could probably get around you, I liked to get low and run you over. The coaches would even comment that I could have avoided the hit, but after a while they stopped even commenting and just let me do my thing....they nicknamed me Csonka. Then and there I became a Dolphins fan and haven't stopped being one for 34 yrs..

Born and raised in West Palm Beach, FL. Went to my first home game when I was little and Dan the Man signed my football. Hardcore Fin fan ever since.

Im from Canandaigua New York and your story is exactly like mine.The SB was the 1st NFL game i got to watch and from there Ive become a DieHard Dolphins Fan.

I used to get drunk in Canandaigua but there isn't many areas in the finger lakes I haven't gotten drunk to be honest.

I am a die hard Miami fan, I **** with Jets and Bills fans constantly, like it's my job. Being from NY it leads to many interesting comments

Yesterday a girl I am really good friends with but really knows nothing about football other then she likes tail gating, emails me and says " do you and your girl want to go with us to the Bills/Jets game, we have fifteen tickets" to which I respond "I would rather buy the tickets and burn them just so some Jets or Bills fan could go to the game".

My brother and my uncle jumped on the fins bandwagon during the 72 season before i was born. Then growing up id want to watch cartoons on sunday morning, but no my brother made me watch football. His team was the fins so i had to watch them. Now some 30 years later i live, sleep , and breathe the fins and he moved to knoxville to become a titans fan. Now i can't imagine clinging on to any other team. It's in my blood. I am proud to be a son of the house of shula. I suck at fantasy football because the only game i really watch on sunday is the fins game so i know nothing about the rest of the league.

I moved from India to North Carolina when I was 4. I started watching football the next year (1971-1972) and my dad was a Cowboys fan because he went to college at the University of Dallas.

He cheered for Dallas in SB VI and being the stubborn kid I was, I cheered for Miami just to spite him. It was a miserable few hours as Dallas beat the Dolphins, but the Dolphins became my team that day. It helped to cement it when they didn't lose again for over a year.

Now almost 40 years later, my wife and boys know to stay out of my way on the Sundays they lose, which happens way more then it should these days.

i followed dave wannstedt.. lol jk.

born and raised in miami.

diehard Dolphins, heat and marlins fan.

Great stories. As a kid my dad took me to the very first game. Joe Auer returned the opening kickoff for a TD and a real dolphin was doing slashes in the end zone just like in Ace Ventura. Hooked for life.

First football game I ever saw was the '85 Monday night game where Dan shredded the vaunted Bears defense. Was an amazing sight to see, been a diehard fan ever since. Sunday is football day, took me 12 years to teach my wife, if Miami is playing leave me the hell alone.

I must say that I was not a Phins fan from start. When I was a kid, growing up in Colorado, I judged teams by their helmets. And as a kid, I hated the old Denver "D" logo. So I liked a bunch of team, the Dolphins included. The pro bowl was my favorite game to watch because all the helmets were on the field at once. Then about the early 90's I settled on Miami because they were the only team with unique colors. I didn't really follow football TOO closely until High School. Then from that point on, I was a die hard fan.

Born in Miami, even came a month early so I could be there at the begining of football season.

My entire family are Pats fans......rebelious. And Yes I am die hard....Im fact you can call me a Zombie I have died so many times.

Back
Top Bottom