How does Miami defend TEs from now on? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How does Miami defend TEs from now on?

BESS4LAST

AFC EAST CHAMPS
Reaction score
Obviously they still haven't found an answer to stop TEs from pooping on us... What do they do now?

Will they start Clemons this week?
Who knows... Tony claims Reshad had a heck of a game.

And to answer the OP - i expect us to continue doing what we've done for the past 2 years. Let TEs walk all over us. Expect 100-150 Yard 1+TD performance week in week out.

I don't know that they will be good against TEs, but I think the Pats make it very tough to defend their two TEs. Most teams only have one good receiving TE making it easier to match up. When you throw in Welker and Woodhead it makes it so you can't get very cute with your coverages and you just have to hope your safeties or LBs can cover the TEs. Also if we can get pressure with just 4 or 5 instead of having to send 6 or more it will allow us to bracket the elite TEs with a LB and a S.

TE's are the big issue. It seemed that everytime brady needed a first down, a TE was open with room to run. It needs to be fixed.

Coverage is all technique and effort..Sapp was poor last game with this..Yes he was burned more than once on effort alone...

If teams are still throwing the ball down the seam in the middle of the field maybe we should start double the top flight tight ends.. Or at least play robber in the middle of the field...If Sean Smith and Vontae are so good they should be able to handle Wr's on the outside..

Can Jones effectivley fill the role of robber? or maybe Bell can..

Clemons is hurt from what i heard.

Best way to stop the other teams TE would be to play them Man to Man with a LBer with a zone over the top.

you do realize that most teams dont have TWO TEs like gronkowski and hernedez, right? They might not shut down every teams TEs but they definately wont be as bad against other teams TEs

I'm tired of watching D playing off...when they should be BUMPIN/ JAMMIN at the
Line.....I NEVER SEE THAT!

I don't know that they will be good against TEs, but I think the Pats make it very tough to defend their two TEs. Most teams only have one good receiving TE making it easier to match up. When you throw in Welker and Woodhead it makes it so you can't get very cute with your coverages and you just have to hope your safeties or LBs can cover the TEs. Also if we can get pressure with just 4 or 5 instead of having to send 6 or more it will allow us to bracket the elite TEs with a LB and a S.

Doesn't help we were giving everyone 10 yard cushions. What's the deal with that....? Even when blitzing our corners are super far off..I dont get it.

TE's are the big issue. It seemed that everytime brady needed a first down, a TE was open with room to run. It needs to be fixed.

listen guys those new england TEs are not just TEs. there TEs/WRs and imo the best way to play them is play nickel against them, and if they try to go deep ,put davis or smith on there best WR . imo if our lbs cant cover them, then i say put in 6 cbs, and play nickel with 4 cbs and 2 safties one on each side but ,play closer up as the nickel .. if we want to stop them we going to have to play closer and get more pass rush on brady.

sparano is gonna flash his man boobs, lick his lips and smack his *** in an attempt to distract opposing tight ends

Obviously they still haven't found an answer to stop TEs from pooping on us... What do they do now?

it wont be the same problem like it was against new england because most teams dont have two guys that can beat u. they have burnett, they have smith, and now will allen to give them some flexibility to cover tight ends. they should have been prepared for new england tho. they should have built this team to stop those two guys and they didnt. and now its too late, the damage is done. they will have the same matchup problem in new england they did in miami. will allen is a better corner than sapp tho, and there will be time for wilson and clemons to step up. we will be better against tight ends. but the already blew the only game that mattered and in that game the tight ends won it

Sparano said it wasn't even a surprise with the routes they were running, apparently they prepared for it but the players just didn't execute.

Brady is just that good. If you play zone, we have no pass rush and Brady will eat you alive OR we can play man and he'll burn us because he puts the ball exactly where it needs to be and our corners are just not physical. ****, we should have just blitzed every down with 5 and told the cb's to mug their guys at the line of scrimmage like Revis.

Back
Top Bottom