How good can we be next year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How good can we be next year?

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I may be wrong but it seems (by listening to clumpy and others who know about the cap) that we won't have to rebuild. On the one hand, it would be good to start all over and gut the team but then on the other hand, who wants to go through what we experienced this past season? My question is how good can we be next year? I'm one of those fans that I believe every season that we can win it all it doesn't matter whose playing for us. If we're not going to dismantle the team, can we make a run at the playoffs?

I don't care how the Phins do next year. I want to see a good young core of players assembled as the foundation of a team that can compete for the SB for years to come and hopefully win more than one. That's how the great teams were built. And one other ingredient is a relatively young, dynamic coach with a plan. I think they might have that.

brparkway said:
I don't care how the Phins do next year. I want to see a good young core of players assembled as the foundation of a team that can compete for the SB for years to come and hopefully win more than one. That's how the great teams were built. And one other ingredient is a relatively young, dynamic coach with a plan. I think they might have that.
DITTO!! I echo those sentiments!!

i think as of now we have a VERY young offense that hopefully can grow as a unit and be successful for years to come... the main thing is getting some more youth on that defensive side of the ball s othat both units can peak at the same times and lead to multiple years of success...

It looks like from Clumpy's analysis that we will be under the cap mainly by cutting away a lot of dead weight (Fiedler, Seau, Zgonina), even those these guys had their moments for the team....we have to get younger, especially on defense. I hope Saban doesn't focus entirely on the offense...our LB crew may be getting a little thin, and if we deal Surtain and/or Madison than are younger d backs have to step up. I think Saban is making all the right moves....Mush for DC is looking good, and if Stoops comes in that is another big plus...all the Stoops boys can coach! :)

phinfan2003 said:
I may be wrong but it seems (by listening to clumpy and others who know about the cap) that we won't have to rebuild. On the one hand, it would be good to start all over and gut the team but then on the other hand, who wants to go through what we experienced this past season? My question is how good can we be next year? I'm one of those fans that I believe every season that we can win it all it doesn't matter whose playing for us. If we're not going to dismantle the team, can we make a run at the playoffs?

Miami Dolphins = 11-5 record and division champs

6-10 or 8-8 at best and that's if Miami finally gets some bounces their way....

Miami needs to rebuild, their not SB or even playoff caliber......

whether we like it or not we are gonna be rebuilding!

i think 2 years before we can legitimately be balanced on both sides of the ball. and i hate to say it but jt and zach will be on the downside of there careers.how many years can zach get 100+ tackles and his body not wear down.remember offerdahl, he was awesome and injuries finally got to him. the last 2 seasons have definitely wore on our defensive players

Smacks said:
6-10 or 8-8 at best and that's if Miami finally gets some bounces their way....

Miami needs to rebuild, their not SB or even playoff caliber......

If we don't throw int's for TD's like we did this year, we'll be over .500.

It depends on how the players respond to Saban. With our horrible team last year, we won three games under Bates, including New England. We can never count out our defense. And if our offense can produce a few more first downs, we'd have a better record. I think realistically we can go 9-7, but Anything past that, and we are playing above our heads.

We could of had a few more wins last year if we didn't throw touchdowns to the other teams, and you gotta believe that that will slow down some.

Just as long as they improve they can go 6-10, and I wouldn't care.

Back
Top Bottom