How I would handle this years draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How I would handle this years draft

Todd347347

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We currently have 6 picks (1,3,4,7,7,7) and this is how I would approach each pick:

1: I want to draft Manny Lawson, he is my favorite at this pick. You just don't pass up on this kind of talent that can rush the passer and be involved in every play. If he is not available then I would look towards (in this order):
Huff/Jimmy Williams/Chad Jackson/Winston Justice.

3: If we got Manny then I would take the best CB/Safety available
4: I would take the best WR available
7: OL
7: RB or BPA

IMO, Manny Lawson is the guy and I would not be shocked to see NE or Dallas trade up in front of us to get him. Hopefully nick will keeping blowing smoke about vince Young or whoever to keep these teams off the trail.

I'd be okay with Lawson, although I'd rather have a more pure OLB. Huff will definitely be gone, don't want Jimmy Williams, would be happy with Jackson or Justice.

Saban2005 said:
We currently have 6 picks (1,3,4,7,7,7) and this is how I would approach each pick:

1: I want to draft Manny Lawson, he is my favorite at this pick. You just don't pass up on this kind of talent that can rush the passer and be involved in every play. If he is not available then I would look towards (in this order):
Huff/Jimmy Williams/Chad Jackson/Winston Justice.

3: If we got Manny then I would take the best CB/Safety available
4: I would take the best WR available
7: RB or BPA

IMO, Manny Lawson is the guy and I would not be shocked to see NE or Dallas trade up in front of us to get him. Hopefully nick will keeping blowing smoke about vince Young or whoever to keep these teams off the trail.

I like Lawson, but I think it will depend on if we do sign LaVar. If we do I see us going S,or OL. In the 3rd and 4th I see maybe a CB, OL, WR or S depending on who we draft in the first. In the 7th I see OL, maybe WR, and maybe a QB

I don't like Lawson at all only because he is a much younger Jason Taylor type and I would rather have a guy that can come in and start not sit there and ride the pine!

Back
Top Bottom