How is Tannehill Stacking Up With The 2012 Rookie Class | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How is Tannehill Stacking Up With The 2012 Rookie Class

Cowboynemo

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Thought it would be interesting to see how Ryan Tannehill is stacking up. One can quickly see the sacks are killing the offense. and also causing INTs. We
need to square the OL away. No running game has been horrible.

Name......................Games.......TD........INT.......YDS.......SCK......RTG
Andrew Luck ..............11...........15...........7........2593........24.......84.3
Ryan Tannehill ...........11...........15..........12........2784.......44........82.0
Robert Griffin 111........11...........14......... 11.......2841........26........81.0
Russel Wilson .............11...........19...........6........2362........29......105.1
Brandon Weeden..........7............ 6............7........1361.......24........66.0

look at all those sacks and still in year two with a run game that has been tabled due to ineffectiveness in many games 2800 plus yards an 82 rating completion percentage at 62 percent...and a top level red zone efficiency rating

and people want to tell me the qbs not developing???

:lol:

look at all those sacks and still in year two with a run game that has been tabled due to ineffectiveness in many games 2800 plus yards an 82 rating completion percentage at 62 percent...and a top level red zone efficiency rating

and people want to tell me the qbs not developing???

:lol:

Have a look at Luck's numbers with and without Wayne, then factor in that Tannehill has lost his TE, Slot WR, LT, LG, C, RB.
By RB, of course i mean he doesn't have one.

the heck with the 2nd year class...put his numbers up there against every qb and lets see where he shakes out...

it's nuts how much dumb heat this qbs taking on this board from the usual suspects...

Since Luck lost Wayne he's been pretty ****ing bad.

it's caught up with them for sure...ty hilton is not that guy...

anyways miami has a good young qb for the long term folks...a legit one...just give it some time...he's the goods...and don't let all this crap here change what your eyes should tell you

yeah he'd be so much better if he wasn't busy making his line look bad by taking all those sacks.

/end bull****.

now just imagine if he does get a consistent run game and does develop with his footwork and pocket play

you got yourself a year in year out all freaking pro...exactly what i see in his future

i bet those guys stay out of this thread cause it blows holes in all those bs in a vacuum arguments

and keep in mind also that full no huddle is on the cusp here folks...

Have a look at Luck's numbers with and without Wayne, then factor in that Tannehill has lost his TE, Slot WR, LT, LG, C, RB.
By RB, of course i mean he doesn't have one.

I've said all along that if you add to THill or subtract from Luck Reggie Wayne's '12 TDs, yds/game and total yds their stats would be pretty similar except for Luck's greater number of ints. Luck this season without Reggie is 2-2, beating 2 sub 500 teams and losing to 2 winning teams
Luck vs AZ: 8 pts in final 3 qtrs, barely over 50% compl, 1 TD, 1 Int Loss
vs TN: win: 23-36 232yds 0td 0Int
vs STL Loss: 8pts entire game, 31-52 1TD, 3Ints
vs Hous Win: 18-40 271yds, 3TDs 0 int

Now I'm by no means comparing the skillset of Tannehill to a 4 year college QB who was touted as the surest pick since PManning, but really, one has to wonder just how well Luck would have done and be doing if here considering who he had to work through, who was protecting him, who was coaching him up and who was calling his plays. :idk:

And as far as RG3, I wish Tannehill had his long ball accuracy but beyond that, as a lot of folks were saying, you take away that China Doll's greatest asset, his mobility and it's a whole 'nother ballgame :idk:

I've said all along that if you add to THill or subtract from Luck Reggie Wayne's '12 TDs, yds/game and total yds their stats would be pretty similar except for Luck's greater number of ints. Luck this season without Reggie is 2-2, beating 2 sub 500 teams and losing to 2 winning teams
Luck vs AZ: 8 pts in final 3 qtrs, barely over 50% compl, 1 TD, 1 Int Loss
vs TN: win: 23-36 232yds 0td 0Int
vs STL Loss: 8pts entire game, 31-52 1TD, 3Ints
vs Hous Win: 18-40 271yds, 3TDs 0 int

Now I'm by no means comparing the skillset of Tannehill to a 4 year college QB who was touted as the surest pick since PManning, but really, one has to wonder just how well Luck would have done and be doing if here considering who he had to work through, who was protecting him, who was coaching him up and who was calling his plays. :idk:

And as far as RG3, I wish Tannehill had his long ball accuracy but beyond that, as a lot of folks were saying, you take away that China Doll's greatest asset, his mobility and it's a whole 'nother ballgame :idk:
apparently none of that matters since Luck's WPA is higher.

Since Luck lost Wayne he's been pretty ****ing bad.

That's the effect of losing a hall-of-fame receiver. Reggie Wayne isn't flashy but he is reliable and he makes plays. Possibly the best route runner in the NFL.

I'm still amazed at how people think this is a good WR corp when we have no one even close to the level of Wayne. Our best YAC receiver was Gibson and he's gone. I think you should keep drafting WRs until you find that guy, the one that can take short passes and turn them into 1st downs or TDs, the guy who when you have to have a 1st down or a big play comes through. Heck, look at Brady's numbers without Welker. He's way down this year. QBs can't do this thing alone.

tannehills upside is higher than lucks...those numbers should tell you that guys...our qb played the position for 2 years in college and has almost caught luck already...

the higher ceiling is ryan tannehill...been saying it forever...and it's true

That's the effect of losing a hall-of-fame receiver. Reggie Wayne isn't flashy but he is reliable and he makes plays. Possibly the best route runner in the NFL.

I'm still amazed at how people think this is a good WR corp when we have no one even close to the level of Wayne. Our best YAC receiver was Gibson and he's gone. I think you should keep drafting WRs until you find that guy, the one that can take short passes and turn them into 1st downs or TDs, the guy who when you have to have a 1st down or a big play comes through. Heck, look at Brady's numbers without Welker. He's way down this year. QBs can't do this thing alone.

Oh I know, Wayne is one of the GOATS

Sammy Watkins would solve alot of YAC problems.

Back
Top Bottom