How long will Jarvis be a phin for | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How long will Jarvis be a phin for

It should have been done but our FO messed up again. Now he'll be gone and at best we'll get a 3rd comp pick in 2019 when I'm pretty sure we could have gotten a 2 for him now and we could see what Carroo can do but our team always does everything half ***

Ozzy rules!!

Don't be so sure. I think a second rounder would have gotten him traded. Remember, that's a high price to pay for a guy that wants $12 million +. Receivers are always available as UFAs without the comp.

I tend to agree. He plays with passion and wants to get that extra yard yadda yadda but look at the full body of work. He catches all his passes five yards or less from the line, cannot out run anyone and gets shut down against man-to-man coverage unless it's a LB. His big catch games are all in games the Fins are being hammered in. You pay difference makers over 10 million not slot receivers. Take that money and address serious needs. I'd be curious to see Carroo in the slot. Different type of player but a good target with good route running from some of his limited playing time I've seen.

Jarvis is most definitely a difference maker, but he is a Hines Ward type, so naturally like Ward will always be a little underrated because he's not a great athlete. His production speaks for itself though, no matter what anyone thinks, he is an excellent football player. He may not be worth what he's asking for and I know we have lots of needs, but Tannehill or any other good QB benefits greatly from a Hines Ward type of receiver. Sadly, we don't have any good QB's right now so it's hard to see his true value. But Juice is a special player don't let a bum like Cutler convince you otherwise (thanks Gase), whether we keep him or not and at what price, let's just say I'm glad that's not my business. But I definitely want to see him re-signed, and I'm sure Tannehill does as well. Unfortunately, my initial instincts were right, this season was lost the day RT went down...

Jarvis is most definitely a difference maker, but he is a Hines Ward type, so naturally like Ward will always be a little underrated because he's not a great athlete. His production speaks for itself though, no matter what anyone thinks, he is an excellent football player. He may not be worth what he's asking for and I know we have lots of needs, but Tannehill or any other good QB benefits greatly from a Hines Ward type of receiver. Sadly, we don't have any good QB's right now so it's hard to see his true value. But Juice is a special player don't let a bum like Cutler convince you otherwise (thanks Gase), whether we keep him or not and at what price, let's just say I'm glad that's not my business. But I definitely want to see him re-signed, and I'm sure Tannehill does as well. Unfortunately, my initial instincts were right, this season was lost the day RT went down...
Um ... Jarvis couldn't carry Hines Ward's jock.

Um ... Jarvis couldn't carry Hines Ward's jock.

Numbers don't lie:

Receiving
Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st FUM

2016 Miami Dolphins 16 94 1,136 12.1 71.0 71 4 16 3 52 1

2015 Miami Dolphins 16 110 1,157 10.5 72.3 50T 4 10 3 60 0

2014 Miami Dolphins 16 84 758 9.0 47.4 25 5 6 0 48 1

Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st FUM

2000 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 48 672 14.0 42.0 77T 4 8 2 31 1

1999 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 61 638 10.5 39.9 42 7 6 1 31 1

1998 Pittsburgh Steelers 16 15 246 16.4 15.4 45 0 3 1 12 0

Odds are Landry is gone. Apparently asking wa-a-a-a-y too much, looks like his desire has diminished, and if he hasn't learned routes by now, his value isn't top 20, much less top 5.

I saw the video previously and it's old news. My issue is that TMZ is reporting the story today!!!

I am not sure....he has not been efficient this year tho.
I think they use the franchise tag tho on him.

feel bad for Tannehill tho....every WR he was close with we might get rid of Clay,Matthews now maybe Landry

I tend to agree. He plays with passion and wants to get that extra yard yadda yadda but look at the full body of work. He catches all his passes five yards or less from the line, cannot out run anyone and gets shut down against man-to-man coverage unless it's a LB. His big catch games are all in games the Fins are being hammered in. You pay difference makers over 10 million not slot receivers. Take that money and address serious needs. I'd be curious to see Carroo in the slot. Different type of player but a good target with good route running from some of his limited playing time I've seen.
I'm liked Carro and thought people turned on him way to quickly. His problem was they had him learn all 3 receiver spots and he struggled picking it up. I hope they try to feature him a bit the last few games of this year so we know what we have in him.

He played when Parker went down but in the other
6 games he had 10 offensive snaps...zero IN THE LAST 2 GAMES
That's why I said it's a small sample size, DeVante Parker Jarvis Landry and Kenny Stills are there 3 starting receivers. Could Carroo not get any snaps because of the depth ahead of him maybe it could also be because he sucks. I said in another thread I love Landry but not sure I want to pay him like a no. 1 I also like Stills but he was way overpaid. The few times Caroo played he looked good enough to be a receiver in this league.

Parker is making sharp cuts while Landry is not very sharp at the top of his routes. Honestly with Landry’s routes, I don’t even see where the top of his route is.

It's hard to tell just by looking at those in a vacuum.

We dont know the play calls, we dont know where the defense is.

I'm not saying they are good, but I cant say they are bad either.

Back
Top Bottom