How many INT will Newton throw | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many INT will Newton throw

Will Newton struggle or thrive against the great Dolphins defense

• Struggle

• Thrive

Results are only viewable after voting.
Same as in 2013, nobody gives us a chance against a team that is fearsome in its front 7 and has a suspect secondary.

However, in 2017 we have a quarterback who shows no ability to throw deep accurately, shows no desire to hang in the pocket, and whose coach clearly knows it. But on the flip side, our deep threats are Devante Parker and Kenny Stills, and not Butterfingers Nearsighted Mike Wallace.

Gonna be a tough game to win but I actually like our chances. Because Dolphins.

Hey, there are two halves to this equation. The Dolphins have not been particularly good at generating takeaways this season. We haven't picked off enough passes IMHO. Outside of Reshad Jones, we don't really have a DB with production. Sure, Maxwell picked one off, but we cut him. Kiko has done it in the past, as has Timmons ... but they're LB's. To be reliably good at generating INT's, your DB's need to be good at it. Tank has made a promising start, but the sample size is very small. IMHO, for Newton to throw more than 1 INT, it requires us to do a better job of catching them. I'm confident that Newton will throw at least 2 interceptable balls, but I'm less confident in us catching them.

This game is not going to be a shootout. So a key INT deep in their territory could be the difference maker in this game. Let's hope we hang on to that INT when it floats our way.

None. Our secondary isn't making any plays because we have no pass rush. Amazing we're always hoping the other team is "overrated" or that the other QB might have a bad game. I miss the days when we were good and it didn't matter who we were playing we always had a chance

Ozzy rules!!

#1 defense in the NFL vs. our offense.

Should be an exciting matchup that the world of football can't wait to see.

Cam will probably turn it over at least once, but it won't matter. We will immediately 3 and out. He's our only hope at scoring 3 points if he turns it over deep in his own territory. Otherwise, shut out is likely.

I suspect this thread wont age well. Hope im wrong

One factor is the condition of the field. Our turf has been so torn up that players are sliding around. Wake and crew rely on being able to get off lightning fast, first step is so key, and they haven't been able to. I'm sure we will see some sacks on Newton. I'm also sure that Newton will run on us with ease and hit passes all day. The Panthers are favored by 10, the Dolphins have dropped off the map after consecutive prime time losses. I think we're going to come out ready to play but it probably won't be enough. This would be a very big win for us on the National stage, go Fins.

The problem with the field argument is that the other team has to play on it too, without any experience of having to do so.

I suspect this thread wont age well. Hope im wrong

They're certainly beatable, but the offense is going to have to do more than throw a bunch of screens and the defense is going to have to contain Cam Newton on the ground. I'm just glad Olsen is out. Unfortunately, our o-line managed to get weaker too.

Who knows, maybe this will be the game that happens every year where we beat a good team despite the odds and we get to see a bunch of playoffs threads and threads calling out other posters for a week.

I naturally voted thrive, but maybe I’m wrong, which I hope I am. Maybe the impact of McDonald being back and if he shows the competence he has in the past, we can possibly close a seam threat TE. Yes he’s great in the run game, but he can cover better than Nate Allen. Or, at least, it’ll be fun to watch him light up some people.

National TV game? Check
Mobile QB? Check
If Tyrod Taylor gave us fits, and Kap thrived against us, I don't see Cam struggling.

Newton throws a pick, and fumbles- But rushes for 120 yards in a 27 to 12 win. Hope I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom