How Many More Wins on the Schedule? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Many More Wins on the Schedule?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
It's a tough road ahead for Miami. The offense showed a little more spark against Oakland, but that is a team that has really struggled defensively. So how many more wins do you see the rest of the season.

On the plus side, the Dolphins add Larsen and McDonald and that certainly could help. I would still like the team to find ways to get Grant the ball more and I'd like to see Asiata get a few starts under his belt to see what the team has there.

I think Carolina, Tampa Bay and Denver are the most winnable games. Carolina is better than Miami, but I feel the team is due for that breakout type game where everything comes together. I could see a win against Buffalo, but could easily see two losses there as well. Ajayi was so big in both of those games last year so how do the Dolphins counter?

I don't think Miami beats New England or Kansas City. My guess is 7-9.

We will split with Pats and Bills at best so that's 6 max. @Panthers Monday is a big game to set the tone, but I think we squeak one out. I like us to beat Tampa at home. Very winnable game vs Broncos @Home. Assuming we split with Pats and Bills (hardly gimmes). @Chiefs is looks a loss to me in that weather. Ill say we end up 9-7.

This prediction stuff is nonsense though. Injuries can change what the schedule looks like at any point.

3 more wins.

7-9 sounds about right for this team.

Denver, Tampa, Buffalo, Buffalo, Carolina and one vs NE. Everything changes Monday night.

It's a tough road ahead for Miami. The offense showed a little more spark against Oakland, but that is a team that has really struggled defensively. So how many more wins do you see the rest of the season.

On the plus side, the Dolphins add Larsen and McDonald and that certainly could help. I would still like the team to find ways to get Grant the ball more and I'd like to see Asiata get a few starts under his belt to see what the team has there.

I think Carolina, Tampa Bay and Denver are the most winnable games. Carolina is better than Miami, but I feel the team is due for that breakout type game where everything comes together. I could see a win against Buffalo, but could easily see two losses there as well. Ajayi was so big in both of those games last year so how do the Dolphins counter?

I don't think Miami beats New England or Kansas City. My guess is 7-9.

I personally think with losing, this became a just survive type season for Gase, but I think with Larson and McDonald being eligible to play again, this now become a good one-sided measuring stick for Gase.

Reason I say one-sided measuring stick, is because of the way this team was set up from last year and the off-season, if Tannehill had not gone down (Along with other key injuries), this team to this point is at just one loss, maybe (big maybe) two loses. It's one sided because of the moves that have had to be made just to keep the team above water. If Gase can win 5 or 6 of the remaining 8 games, that will be impressive, if he fails (Unless this team starts getting blown out), then you can't/shouldn't blame Gase too much to fail at the toughest part of a schedule everyone agreed was brutal.

I think of the remaining games, I agree the games that are the most winnable are the Panthers, Bucs, Broncos...the two games against the Bills easily go a sweep on either side, or one each... the Pats games is more more possible of the Pats sweeping, with a slightly less chance of a split, and very small chance of Miami sweeping the Pats...The Chiefs to me will be the game Miami will have the most problems winning.

2 more wins. Sounds about right.

Or we pull the rabbit out of the hat and get 6 wins. Wouldn’t be a shocker.

With this team you never know what they’ll do. I wouldn’t lay odds either way.

If the offense can put up 20 points, like they did in the Raiders loss, I think Miami will have a shot to win it's share of games down the stretch.

If the offense can put up 20 points, like they did in the Raiders loss, I think Miami will have a shot to win it's share of games down the stretch.

This is where I think the JA trade was a benefit. Gase got away (mostly) from the run-into-a-9-man-front obsession and seemed to play more to an actual game plan. If he can continue that and play to matchups, 4 more wins. If not, 1 more. Wild card? Right tackle.

I'll bite on Denver, Tampa Bay, and a split with Buffalo at best. The Bucs might be the only game we're favored to win.

I don't give this team a shot in hell on the road in prime time in Carolina. That game has shut out written all over it. If Cutler plays close to how he did on Sunday night then we won't get embarrassed I suppose. Cam is turnover prone, but our secondary isn't exactly prone to generating turnovers.

0 convincing wins. 2 more lucky/squeak bys.

For those keeping score, that will be ZERO convincing wins for the season and a final record of 6-10.

With this team we seem to lose the easier ones and win the hard ones. No one thought we would beat Atlanta. There just seems to be something missing, like leadership or spirit.

I personally think with losing, this became a just survive type season for Gase, but I think with Larson and McDonald being eligible to play again, this now become a good one-sided measuring stick for Gase.

Reason I say one-sided measuring stick, is because of the way this team was set up from last year and the off-season, if Tannehill had not gone down (Along with other key injuries), this team to this point is at just one loss, maybe (big maybe) two loses.

Some of you think Tanny is Dan Marino, Tom Brady or Aron Rodgers. No way we could have won against Baltimore, Jets and New Orleans. The reason we lost is our putrid OL and the preparation for the game. We were nullified on the first half of almost all of our games. If we dont invest on a potential top 10 QB, then we will need a very good HC calling plays as the best of them, also we will need a top 15 OL and a RB that can be an every down back. In resume we will need to search for the next Goff, Wentz or Watson, or a Hunt, a very good center and guard and hope Gase starts coaching like a Harbaugh and stops acting like a Bellichick!

Back
Top Bottom