How Many More Wins on the Schedule?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SF Dolphin Fan, Nov 8, 2017.

1. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

It's a tough road ahead for Miami. The offense showed a little more spark against Oakland, but that is a team that has really struggled defensively. So how many more wins do you see the rest of the season.

On the plus side, the Dolphins add Larsen and McDonald and that certainly could help. I would still like the team to find ways to get Grant the ball more and I'd like to see Asiata get a few starts under his belt to see what the team has there.

I think Carolina, Tampa Bay and Denver are the most winnable games. Carolina is better than Miami, but I feel the team is due for that breakout type game where everything comes together. I could see a win against Buffalo, but could easily see two losses there as well. Ajayi was so big in both of those games last year so how do the Dolphins counter?

I don't think Miami beats New England or Kansas City. My guess is 7-9.

2. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2

Pandarilla and fininpsl like this.
  3. <O>

<O> Well-Known Member

Between zero and two.

Trifecta Nation and EndZoneOnly like this.
  4. foozool13

foozool13 #12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99 Donator

We will split with Pats and Bills at best so that's 6 max. @Panthers Monday is a big game to set the tone, but I think we squeak one out. I like us to beat Tampa at home. Very winnable game vs Broncos @Home. Assuming we split with Pats and Bills (hardly gimmes). @Chiefs is looks a loss to me in that weather. Ill say we end up 9-7.

This prediction stuff is nonsense though. Injuries can change what the schedule looks like at any point.

5. JJM_7

JJM_7 A True Fan

3 more wins.

7-9 sounds about right for this team.

phish likes this.
  6. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

Denver, Tampa, Buffalo, Buffalo, Carolina and one vs NE. Everything changes Monday night.

7. Miami 13

Miami 13 Pro Bowler

2 most likely.

EndZoneOnly likes this.
  8. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I personally think with losing, this became a just survive type season for Gase, but I think with Larson and McDonald being eligible to play again, this now become a good one-sided measuring stick for Gase.

Reason I say one-sided measuring stick, is because of the way this team was set up from last year and the off-season, if Tannehill had not gone down (Along with other key injuries), this team to this point is at just one loss, maybe (big maybe) two loses. It's one sided because of the moves that have had to be made just to keep the team above water. If Gase can win 5 or 6 of the remaining 8 games, that will be impressive, if he fails (Unless this team starts getting blown out), then you can't/shouldn't blame Gase too much to fail at the toughest part of a schedule everyone agreed was brutal.

I think of the remaining games, I agree the games that are the most winnable are the Panthers, Bucs, Broncos...the two games against the Bills easily go a sweep on either side, or one each... the Pats games is more more possible of the Pats sweeping, with a slightly less chance of a split, and very small chance of Miami sweeping the Pats...The Chiefs to me will be the game Miami will have the most problems winning.

9. multistage

multistage Well-Known Member

2 more wins. Sounds about right.

Or we pull the rabbit out of the hat and get 6 wins. Wouldn’t be a shocker.

With this team you never know what they’ll do. I wouldn’t lay odds either way.

SF Dolphin Fan likes this.
  10. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 A True Fan

If the offense can put up 20 points, like they did in the Raiders loss, I think Miami will have a shot to win it's share of games down the stretch.

11. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

This is where I think the JA trade was a benefit. Gase got away (mostly) from the run-into-a-9-man-front obsession and seemed to play more to an actual game plan. If he can continue that and play to matchups, 4 more wins. If not, 1 more. Wild card? Right tackle.

lurking likes this.
  12. Michael Scott

Michael Scott A True Fan

I'll bite on Denver, Tampa Bay, and a split with Buffalo at best. The Bucs might be the only game we're favored to win.

I don't give this team a shot in hell on the road in prime time in Carolina. That game has shut out written all over it. If Cutler plays close to how he did on Sunday night then we won't get embarrassed I suppose. Cam is turnover prone, but our secondary isn't exactly prone to generating turnovers.

13. oasis

oasis Lost in the fog

0 convincing wins. 2 more lucky/squeak bys.

For those keeping score, that will be ZERO convincing wins for the season and a final record of 6-10.

kcbrown likes this.
  14. Dolfandenny

Dolfandenny Starter

With this team we seem to lose the easier ones and win the hard ones. No one thought we would beat Atlanta. There just seems to be something missing, like leadership or spirit.

kcbrown likes this.
  15. DANTODUPER

DANTODUPER Scout Team

Some of you think Tanny is Dan Marino, Tom Brady or Aron Rodgers. No way we could have won against Baltimore, Jets and New Orleans. The reason we lost is our putrid OL and the preparation for the game. We were nullified on the first half of almost all of our games. If we dont invest on a potential top 10 QB, then we will need a very good HC calling plays as the best of them, also we will need a top 15 OL and a RB that can be an every down back. In resume we will need to search for the next Goff, Wentz or Watson, or a Hunt, a very good center and guard and hope Gase starts coaching like a Harbaugh and stops acting like a Bellichick!

16. Michael Scott

Michael Scott A True Fan

We tend to play to the competition. But Atlanta is pretty much in the same boat as we are at the moment. That win is no longer impressive aside from a road rally in hindsight. They're not a very good football team.

kcbrown likes this.
  17. Goin` Deep

Goin` Deep "Pick your guy and let it fly" Finheaven VIP Donator

2...maybe 3. We aren't splitting with NE and I doubt we split with Buffalo. Lose at Carolina and KC. We beat TB and Denver.

18. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 A True Fan

I just don't see Buffalo, Carolina, Tampa or Denver as games Miami can't be in contention to win and the Chiefs will likely have things wrapped up and might be resting players come week 16.

19. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

Six.

Starting with Carolina, baby. Number one defense? What happens when the irresistable force meets the unmovable object? I don't know, baby, and we ain't gonna find out.

9-6 Miami in a squeaker.

20. SF Dolphin Fan

Definitely feel like this is the game Miami has to win if they are to make a move. Honestly, the next two games are probably must wins. At 6-4, with momentum, anything is possible.

21. SF Dolphin Fan

I agree on paper this is one of those games that looks like a Carolina win. But, call it a feeling or whatever. I just think Miami plays it's best game of the year. Having McDonald and Larsen certainly can give the Dolphins a lift and if Newton has a bad turnover that could turn the game. Newton is awesome at times, but still inconsistent.

22. SF Dolphin Fan

Tannehill may not have survived this year, honestly, with the play of the offensive line.

23. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

6-10 this year. Tampa because Winston is out and Denver bc they have no QB.

Easy to see the trend here.

24. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I have not heard anyone compare him to Marino, I don't think he is Marino...have no idea where you get that, just because people that actually can see how good he can be, and call him a good QB, that does not mean anyone is comparing him to Marino.

Don't look now, but that putrid O-line is just a bit better then the O-line Tannehill has had to deal with for most of his career, last year to him was like a godsend. The way the Jets and Saints game went, I have no doubt that both games would have been at worst, far more competitive. One of the reasons was as you said up there, Miami was pretty much held in check every week in the 1st half, If Tannehill had played, Miami would have had more scoring drives (Making the score far more favorable for Miami), would have had less 3 and outs (helping defense rest, and stay fresher each series), and would have taken more time from the clock (Hurting the Jets and Saints from scoring, or even getting in sync).

Right, because getting a top ten QB is so easy to get every draft. Tannehill last year after he started getting accustomed to Gase's offense was not only playing like a top ten QB, he was playing like a top 5 QB...playing better (before getting hurt) then that QB you just mentioned by the name of Wentz.

As far as Gase and his coaching, seems though you know right now we have an O-line that is playing substandard, not as much success at QB, RB, or WR to this point (this year, compared to last), yet this team is one game from again reaching the playoffs (In better shape then your man Harbaugh), you seem to be contradicting yourself a bit.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    FinaticalFinfan likes this.
  25. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

I think we beat the panthers, tampa, and denver, everything else is in the air imo. only concerning part about carolina is mccaffery unless timmons is on him

26. Good_Dylan

Good_Dylan Well-Known Member

I really miss the days gone by when I could look at the upcoming Carolina game and feel even somewhat optimistic as to the outcome.

These days I only think about how Cam Newton will play lights out (think a couple years back when the Buffalo backup who is no longer in the league shredded Miami)
    or
    How the Carolina defense is anchored by Luke at LB while Miami has more holes in its armor than swiss cheese

Ive been to every game Miami has played in Panther country since they joined the league and they (Fins) have won them ALL but this is the year the streak dies along with the rest of the fading Dolphin mystic...I will not be there.

Sorry to be a downer Boys but Carolina 31 - 10 and it will never be close.

IMO...We have witnessed the last win of 2017

I hope Im wrong on all accounts but time will tell

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  27. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I don't know how you define "potential" top 10 QB. One way is draft slot. I presume teams who think they're getting a potential top 10 QB would be willing to invest big time in the draft. Let's take the QBs drafted top 10 for 1011>2015. CERTAINLY those QBs should have top 10 "potential. I'm skipping 2016/17 to give QBs time to get used to the NFL game.

Newton, Locker, Gabbert, Luck, RGIII, Tannehill, Bortles, Winston, Mariota. I don't see many perennial top 10 QBs. Of course, the lower the draft pick, the lower the odds.

28. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

Very hard to tell with this team. If we beat Carolina everyone will think all problems are fixed but this team has many problems and it doesn't stop with the offense. Our defense is not all that great. Yes they have spots where they played very good football but when the other team's QB has a raiting of over 100 in every game then your defense is that not good. We don't have a consistent pass rush and we don't create many turnovers either. The safety spots has not been good(maybe TJM) will help but you can't count on a guy that hasn't played in so long to come in and played like an all pro in his first 2 or 3 games. It will take time.
    The offense can't reach it's potential because the o-line won't allow them to. Our punter has been trending down too and out return game has not done anything good while doing some dumb things from time to time. If all this continues then I see no more than 2 or 3 wins the rest of the way

Ozzy rules!!

29. dirkey

dirkey FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I said at the start of the season I'd be happy with 8-8, after Tanny and McMillan went down. Though I must admit I don't see us getting there at this rate.
    Likeliest path to getting to 8-8 - beat Buffalo once, beat Denver, Tampa and hope the Chiefs have it locked up by week 16 and are resting players.

Carolina game - best defense against putrid offense on a Monday night ... putrid offense on the road ... putrid offense on a team which plays drastically in Prime Time matchups, I sadly just don't see us winning that.
    Pats - they're not the team they were, but I see them sweeping us nonetheless.
    Bills - I'm hoping we can sneak one against them. But they're just the kind of tough team that Miami has struggled with for as long as I've followed them.

30. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin PowerHungryMo'fo

The Bucs lost their franchise QB to injury and Denver is still searching for a franchise QB. Only two games I see as a chance.

31. BahamaFinFan78

BahamaFinFan78 A True Fan

I hope not a single one. Sorry if this offends you guys; I love the Fins, but right now we are not going to the playoffs and if we magically did, we would just lose in the first round. We need to draft some studs and getting picks helps (I know, Tannenbaum picking, yadda, yadda, yadda). We should have never spent on Cutler and just went all in for next season.

kcbrown likes this.
  32. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

here an 8, there an 8, everywhere an 8 and 8...

33. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

Hard to say, I could see us winless for the rest of the season.

34. The New Guy

The New Guy Starter

It doesn't look good right now. With the way we've been playing, I'd say 2 or 3 more wins. I can see Buffalo and the Patriots sweeping us this year and a loss to KC. But you never know. Things can change quickly. Maybe Larsen comes in a stabilizes the O-line which could make a world of difference for our O.

So, even though it doesn't look good, I'm not giving up on a WC spot yet. Especially when the teams we are competing with for one of those spots aren't very good either.

35. Snoop

Snoop A True Fan

We aren't beating Carolina, Bills and Pats will both sweep us, we'll also lose to the Chiefs and I think Denver beats us as well. We'll probably beat Tampa Bay, so that's 5-11. Hopefully that get Tannenbum fired.

Gadsden86, kcbrown and Danny like this.
  36. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

3 its getting cold and we do not play as well, plus we have New England and Buffalo late plus Carolina in prime time. We must steal 2 of these games to break 500. Not looking good and a good power running game in the cold helps which we lost.

37. kingfin23

kingfin23 This is the Year

7-9 We will split with Buffalo. Beat KC with a upset and beat Tampa Bay.

38. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

We will finish with a 6-10 record. We'll get swept by the Pats and Bills and lose to the Panthers and Chiefs.

kcbrown and Danny like this.
  39. Highzenga

Highzenga Well-Known Member

I think we split with NE & Bills. Beat TB. Win 2 of 3 vs the den, Carolina & kc. =9-7

40. Mike8272

Mike8272 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Panthers are beatable if we play our best complimentary football. Cam Newton’s last three or four games have been fairly lacklustre as a passer, what’s saved them is his running ability, their running backs, and their elite defense. If we can restrict their offense which other teams have done this season, and our offense can take its chances, then this game is winnable. I think we’ll upset the Panthers.

Buccaneers are tough to project with Fitzpatrick. His addition might do nothing to help their offensive struggles, or it might give them a boost like it did against the Cardinals. Personally I think our defense should be able to restrict them, and our offense should be able to score on that defense. I think we “win” this game.

Broncos have a really good defense despite the fact they just gave up 50 plus points to the Eagles. I think their defense will make it very tough for us, it offensively they aren’t anything to fear because of their quarterback situation. This one will need our offense to take its chances and defense to make sure their offense continues to struggle. Unfortunately I think we will probably lose this game because their defense will turn up.

Chiefs are dangerous if their offense fires, if that can be restricted, teams can score on their defense. It’s a tough game, but I see another loss here.

2-2 outside of the divisional games takes us to 6-6.

As for the divisional games, both the Bills and Patriots are beatable this season. The Bills have lost to the Bengals and Jets either side of a victory against the Raiders. They are a good team but not invincible. Same goes for the Patriots, they have pulled out wins against teams that had chances to beat them. So likewise they aren’t invincible. With that said, I think we’ll probably split or have a losing record against our divisional opponents over these four games.

So if we go .500 in the divisional games it’s 8-8, if we only win one then it’s 7-9. I’d like to predict a better finish to the season but I just don’t see it unless Drake can do an Ajayi and breakout, Cutler can mirror Tannehill and have a big run of games, and our defense plays to a borderline elite level. If they can do all of that we can certainly boost the win count but how likely those things are to happen is debatable.