How many people buy the notion that Wannstedt kept this to himself? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many people buy the notion that Wannstedt kept this to himself?

PatriotGOD

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
The team claims that Wannstedt, for some incomprehensible reason, decided to bear the weight of Ricky's decision alone. He heard the news and kept it to himself. I don't know about you but if I were the coach and my star player announced he was retiring, I would want to talk about it -- say perhaps to the OWNER. After all, what did you do? Didn't you come here to talk about it? My point is that the Dolphins had a season ticket sales event the day after Ricky announced his retirement to Wannstedt. Do you really buy the idea that Dave decided to keep this news to himself? Ricky was already in Asia, a reversal wasn't looking too likely at the time. I would have been hitting the speed dialer, but that's just me. Maybe Wanny felt he could solve it himself. Or maybe someone was hoping to sell some tickets first.

Cut wanny some slack. what would you do if you were in his shoes? i mean, i would be asking my wife to pinch me all night to see if this was all real. I would be in shock for two days, how bout you? Im still in shock, and ive know for a day and a half.

PatriotGOD said:
The team claims that Wannstedt, for some incomprehensible reason, decided to bear the weight of Ricky's decision alone. He heard the news and kept it to himself. I don't know about you but if I were the coach and my star player announced he was retiring, I would want to talk about it -- say perhaps to the OWNER. After all, what did you do? Didn't you come here to talk about it? My point is that the Dolphins had a season ticket sales event the day after Ricky announced his retirement to Wannstedt. Do you really buy the idea that Dave decided to keep this news to himself? Ricky was already in Asia, a reversal wasn't looking too likely at the time. I would have been hitting the speed dialer, but that's just me. Maybe Wanny felt he could solve it himself. Or maybe someone was hoping to sell some tickets first.

Forgive me if I didn't see it, but is there a "How to Handle the Retirement of your Star Player for Dummies" book on the market?

You're a nimrod. It's stupid to come up with conspiracy theories on how Dave handled it............ WTF do you do in the position??? The entire Miami Dolphins offense just told him that he was running away for good.

enigmatics said:
Forgive me if I didn't see it, but is there a "How to Handle the Retirement of your Star Player for Dummies" book on the market?

You're a nimrod. It's stupid to come up with conspiracy theories on how Dave handled it............ WTF do you do in the position??? The entire Miami Dolphins offense just told him that he was running away for good.

Ok its time to take a deep breath, lets not get carried away with the insults Enigmatics, consider this your warning....

i dont buy it either...anyways if you knew about this on friday would u have still bought tickets for the games? i would have

The conspiracy theory doesn't matter.....

Barring deep in the playoffs this house will be cleaned in January 2005.

"Honey, Ricky is retiring. He is calling me from the airport in Bangladesh. Saying something about 'never playing the game of football again.' Remind me to tell Huizenga on MONDAY."

-- Yeah, I'm certain you are right. Wanny probably just wanted to sleep on it for a FEW days. Just kept it to himself.

:shakeno:

Now we all know Wannschmuck is a stupid man.... but I don't know if even I can buy him being THAT stupid.

FireWrongstedt said:
Now we all know Wannschmuck is a stupid man.... but I don't know if even I can buy him being THAT stupid.
That one is right out of "How to get fired on Tuesday, a decision making guide for the soon to be unemployed." :) Wanny would really have to hate his job to hold on to that little tidbit that long.

I just wish Wannschmuck would start hating his job as much as Ricky hated his. I'd pay for his ticket to Asia. I'd even splurge for first class if Wannschmuck wanted it.

Back
Top Bottom