How many starting qbs would you take over tannehill?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Crazysimon, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Crazysimon

Crazysimon Scout Team

If you got your pick to start a franchise with any STARTING qb, where would tannehill fall? I think he is in the bottom five as of now. BUT he has a lot of upside, so lets see how it plays out. I just can't think of many qbs that tannehill is better than right now.

2. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

That depends. Is it the Tannehill of today or the one in two years?

3. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

can you give the man a chance? he's a rookie who has shown flashes. Give him a chance.

4. Dmarino110

Dmarino110 Starter

AFCE: Tom Brady
    AFCN: Joe Flacco, Ben RAPElisberger
    AFCS: Schaub, LUCK
    AFCW: Manning
    NFCE: Manning, RG3
    NFCN: Cutler (only if marshall comes with him), Stafford, Rodgers
    NFCS: RYAN (AS IN WE SHOULD HAVE EFFING DRAFTED HIM INSTEAD OF A GD CORNFED LINEMAN), Newton, Brees,
    NFCW: Willson

So I personally would rather have 15 qbs ahead of him...3 that we SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED, 1 that we passed on twice (EFF YOU SABAN), and 1 where we should have lost every game we could have on purpose like the colts did to get him (i would have shaken every man's hand on that team for doing what was best for us)...

5. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

Kids today. They have no understanding of the virtue of patience.

6. Dmarino110

Dmarino110 Starter

some of us have been patient for 12 seasons...the patience with this franchise and its mismanagement is gone...the fact that we took a running based coach when the NFL changed the rules to make you throw the ball should show the idiots we have up front...gator appreciation day should show you the idiots up front...LONG OVER RYAN should show you the level of stupid...giving away marshall should show you the idiots up front...the only reason they wont take jake now is because he hurt himself, otherwise ireland would have paid him 20 million a season to suck...how many draft picks do we have left from ireland's first 2 years?

it is hard to be patient with this team...he asked a question...why dont you answer it instead of deflecting it..

7. The Tannehills Have Eyes

The Tannehills Have Eyes A True Fan

That's not an excuse to not be patient with a rookie QB

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Lol did you lose an avy bet?

8. Crazysimon

Crazysimon Scout Team

Did you read my post? I said as of today. I also said he a lot of upside.

9. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

Today? I can't even say. honestly, I'd have to punt this question until next season. Ask again week 10 of next season.

10. zach attach

zach attach A True Fan Donator

I don't get the meaning of this thread. Why can't we back our youg ROOKIE QB? Why already try to replace him already?

I choose Tannehill and look forward to seeing his upcoming through the years. It's part of being a fan (to me).

11. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

It's not Ryan's fault you have been waiting 12 years, it's not Philbin's fault. They just got here, give them a chance to succeed.

No, I tend to use humor as a defense mechanism, it is helping me get through this season.

12. Dmarino110

Dmarino110 Starter

13. Wildbill3

I do think the nickname "butt fumble sanchez" is pretty funny.

14. The Tannehills Have Eyes

The Tannehills Have Eyes A True Fan

15. DolfanDuBbZ~

What does all this blather have to do with Tannehill? When did Tannehill become a Phin? 12 seasons ago? As if that is a long time. You should talk to the older members about patience. And my point stands. Because in your post you made my point.

16. DolfanDuBbZ~

Goes to show your expectations of a 19 game collegiate starter. Where as RG3 and Luck were both Heisman winners and multiple year starters for their college teams.

Why you don't understand that, I don't know. But it goes to show your inability to understand the difference between all the other rookie QBs and Tannehill. Tannehill was raw when he was drafted. EVERYONE knew that, but did you?

17. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Last week at this time everyone was in love with Tannehill. Now you have fans and even some local sports writers bashing him and calling for his head. I really hate the bipolar actions of people from week to week. He is a rookie who is going through normal ups and downs, don't anoint him or write him off just yet. Forget what Luck and RGIII are doing right now, they were more pro ready and have better offensive weapons. All quarterbacks develop at different speeds and just because Luck and RGIII are doing better now doesn't mean they will be better in the long run.

18. Dmarino110

Dmarino110 Starter

19. Dick Pepperwood

Dick Pepperwood A True Fan

Dude. Spot On. I am Pissed watching all the Players we Passed/Whiffed On Make other Teams Better. And We continue to Suck. We Should have Sucked for Luck. We Should have taken Drew Brees. We should have never let Wes Welker go, or Brandon Marshall. The Most Epic Mistake of all Time is Jake Long over Matt Ryan. Long will probably not be on the Team next Year, and Ryan is a Top 5 QB in his Prime. That set the Franchise back 10 Years+. But by all means continue to have Patience. We have a Ball Boy from the Bears setting us back for another year. Well there is always the Draft in 2013, maybe we can pick another O Lineman. Are O Line should be the Best in the League with the Picks/Money we put into it. But it is sub par just like the 2012 Fins. Looks like another Losing Season...

20. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E22 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

Only 12 years?

:ponder:

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

That play also gave the phrases "head up the a$$" and "brown nosing" new meaning.:chuckle:

21. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I'd prefer RGIII, Luck and Wilson. I'm really not interested in a veteran QB at this point.

22. Geordie

Geordie A True Fan

It's a difficult question to answer, because he's a rookie and most of the other QBs in the league have years of production to judge them on. Right now you wouldn't pick him very high obviously, but in 2 or 3 years, perhaps you would. Like it or not we are struck with Tanny, until that fair assessment can be made, that's unlikely to change unless the dolphins clean house, the future is still Tanny good or bad.

23. DolphinzD

DolphinzD Boom!! How you like that??

Andrew Luck won the Heisman? What year?

24. ucfphinfan12

ucfphinfan12 Well-Known Member

First of all, I never thought I'd see a Jet fan support our starting QB and receiving so many thanks by Dolphin fans.

We have two other decent QB's on this team, and his name is Matt Moore and Pat Devlin is the other. It's apparent Coach Philbin had no intent in winning this year, which may explain why he did not insert Moore, after Tannehill's injury, when he had the perfect opportunity to do so. So, if your not really trying to win and your playing for the future, which I don't know what that means, because to me the future is now, anyway, I feel it short changes the fan, and then the fans become totally disenfranchised. Many of us felt Matt Moore looked pretty good against the Jets and that he gave us our best win of the season and best chance to win today. We were firing on all 8 cylinders with Matt Moore and with Tannehill, he seemed like his was running on 3. (flat)

-ucfpf13

25. Phins117

Phins117 A True Fan

I am getting so sick of these forums. The kid is a rookie. He played as WR half his college career. Give the kid a chance and let him finish an entire season first. Most of you forgot the kid wasn't even supposed to play this year, he was supposed to learn the offense from the sideline behind Matt Moore and David Garrard...

26. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Only Luck. RG3 would fail w/o the team around him and the incredibly easy offense Shanahan made for him.

Not counting veterans cause that's jsut stupid.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

I think he meant finalists and one winner.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

How was Matt Moore's game immpressive?

Dude was straight average that game.

27. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

There used to be a time when rookie quarterbacks were allowed to be rookies. Unless you are one of the league elite by 12 games into your rookie season fans start looking to replace you. I don't care if you have no patience because it has been a decade plus since we had a franchise quarterback. That is not an excuse to try and rush the process and keep replacing quarterbacks until you get instant elite results. Sometimes you just need to draft a young quarterback and actually develop them. Tannehill was the first 1st round quarterback Miami took since Dan Marino. Give him a chance, and 12 games in a rookie season is not a fair chance.

28. Dick Pepperwood

Dick Pepperwood A True Fan

29. DolfanDuBbZ~

30. DolfanDuBbZ~

battling a sinus infection. So my thoughts and words and typing are alil bit of a chore this week.

31. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E22 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

Nothing genuine about that and it is not as nice as you think it is. If the Jets Junk Boy thinks of Tannehill as I do of Sanchez then of course he wants us to be patient. I am supporting Mark Sanchez as the Jets franchise QB too. :lol:

32. Wildbill3

ok then. check back in 4 years. by that time we'll know if we have a shaub or a buttfumble.

33. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

and 4 or more playoff wins.

34. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

No biggie.

A little brain power and I knew what you meant.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

:bobdole:

35. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

I want to see what he can do with better WRs and a more consistent running game first. Yes these things won't guarantee success with him at the helm but at least you'd have a better idea of what he is capable of.

36. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

Enjoy having your memory while you still can. I hear it gets dicey once humans age.

37. Awsi Dooger

Awsi Dooger A True Fan

I'd have to go division by division. Oh boy, more difficult than I thought...

38. Twitches Brew

Twitches Brew A True Fan

This thread...good grief. Let's throw in Jr and Sr college QBs while we're at it...

Tannehill's starting the rest of this year and into next.

39. dade

dade Well-Known Member

What a thread!! Do me a favor, don't call yourself a dolphins fan please. It's just crazy how some of the things you guys say. We have the most promising qb since 13 and you're gonna make a thread like this, it's just disrespectful. I know that this a "fan site" and your entitled blah blah, but do you think for one second that the fins staff and all is thinking like "who would weblike to have besides t-hill our #8 pick". Just a dumb thread in my opinion. Focus on what you have now!!! Make this thread in 3 years if he sucks, as of right now, the only reason I open this thread was to say this. I didn't bother reading none of it

40. jacquesstrap

jacquesstrap Well-Known Member

Statically, Tannehill isn't showing any promise. He is rated 31 out of 34 QBs. You don't draft projects in the first round, especially QB! Projects aka "acorns" are drafted in the later rounds, but to use a top ten draft pick on a project is irresponsible , fool-hardy, and just poor business sense. Where is the return on the investment? But back to the original question of this post: Luck, RGIII, and Wilson would be the QBs that I would pick over Tannehill.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2012
  41. dade

dade Well-Known Member

Im done LOL

Im done LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2012
  42. Dmarino110

Dmarino110 Starter

43. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

That's what life is about, isn't it? great memories. I do have great memories from those 2 playoff runs, hopefully some day we win 2 more games but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy those rides. The NE game is one of the best games I ever attended and I will always have those great memories.

44. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

The jets fans remind me of a virgin with, in reality a few cases of blue balls, constantly reliving, with a smear of Vaseline in hand, what might have happened if only they could have actually even once closed the deal (although as they say, "through the rear view mirror objects always appear closer than than they really were.")

45. nyjunc

nyjunc A True Fan

That is a poor comparison coming from the guy voted on the site "most likely to be a virgin in his 30s".