How many starting qbs would you take over tannehill? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many starting qbs would you take over tannehill?

That's not an excuse to not be patient with a rookie QB

I dont see washinton being forced to be patient with RG3...I dont see the colts being forced to be patient with luck...just saying...

Goes to show your expectations of a 19 game collegiate starter. Where as RG3 and Luck were both Heisman winners and multiple year starters for their college teams.

Why you don't understand that, I don't know. But it goes to show your inability to understand the difference between all the other rookie QBs and Tannehill. Tannehill was raw when he was drafted. EVERYONE knew that, but did you?

Last week at this time everyone was in love with Tannehill. Now you have fans and even some local sports writers bashing him and calling for his head. I really hate the bipolar actions of people from week to week. He is a rookie who is going through normal ups and downs, don't anoint him or write him off just yet. Forget what Luck and RGIII are doing right now, they were more pro ready and have better offensive weapons. All quarterbacks develop at different speeds and just because Luck and RGIII are doing better now doesn't mean they will be better in the long run.

Goes to show your expectations of a 19 game collegiate starter. Where as RG3 and Luck were both Heisman winners and multiple year starters for their college teams.

Why you don't understand that, I don't know. But it goes to show your inability to understand the difference between all the other rookie QBs and Tannehill. Tannehill was raw when he was drafted. EVERYONE knew that, but did you?
how long should we wait for him to get it?should he get it next year? should it be 4 years?

I said when he was drafted that i didnt think we would draft him just because ross said draft a qb...i didnt think that sherman would let people draft someone that couldnt make it...But i still thought taking a RAW qb was dumb especially top 10...Mark sanchez should be proof enough of that...

also im not necessarily taking it out on tannehill...the problem is the rest of the team and the front office...we have a team that traded away one of the best receivers in the game for 2 3rds...i dont care what type of player and personality you want, thats a bad trade...I dont have confidence in the front office to put the correct people on the field to help him...the smartest off season move this year was to dump vonte, and an even smarter one would have been to try and trade long, now ww get NOTHING FOR HIM because our front office isnt smart enough to see what we dont have (egos getting in the way)...ive said it before, if ross wants to use his money and help this team, go to green bay and tell evey scout and front office person he will pay them more to come to miami...

anyways this thread was about who you would take over tannehill right now...if we could make a madden trade who would you take...i answered...and i would take 15 people over tannehill today...maybe in 3 years it will be different...but god i hope we dont have to draft another qb in 3 years...

some of us have been patient for 12 seasons...the patience with this franchise and its mismanagement is gone...the fact that we took a running based coach when the NFL changed the rules to make you throw the ball should show the idiots we have up front...gator appreciation day should show you the idiots up front...LONG OVER RYAN should show you the level of stupid...giving away marshall should show you the idiots up front...the only reason they wont take jake now is because he hurt himself, otherwise ireland would have paid him 20 million a season to suck...how many draft picks do we have left from ireland's first 2 years?

it is hard to be patient with this team...he asked a question...why dont you answer it instead of deflecting it..

Dude. Spot On. I am Pissed watching all the Players we Passed/Whiffed On Make other Teams Better. And We continue to Suck. We Should have Sucked for Luck. We Should have taken Drew Brees. We should have never let Wes Welker go, or Brandon Marshall. The Most Epic Mistake of all Time is Jake Long over Matt Ryan. Long will probably not be on the Team next Year, and Ryan is a Top 5 QB in his Prime. That set the Franchise back 10 Years+. But by all means continue to have Patience. We have a Ball Boy from the Bears setting us back for another year. Well there is always the Draft in 2013, maybe we can pick another O Lineman. Are O Line should be the Best in the League with the Picks/Money we put into it. But it is sub par just like the 2012 Fins. Looks like another Losing Season...

some of us have been patient for 12 seasons...the patience with this franchise and its mismanagement is gone...the fact that we took a running based coach when the NFL changed the rules to make you throw the ball should show the idiots we have up front...gator appreciation day should show you the idiots up front...LONG OVER RYAN should show you the level of stupid...giving away marshall should show you the idiots up front...the only reason they wont take jake now is because he hurt himself, otherwise ireland would have paid him 20 million a season to suck...how many draft picks do we have left from ireland's first 2 years?

it is hard to be patient with this team...he asked a question...why dont you answer it instead of deflecting it..

Only 12 years?

:ponder:

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

I do think the nickname "butt fumble sanchez" is pretty funny.

That play also gave the phrases "head up the a$$" and "brown nosing" new meaning.:chuckle:

I'd prefer RGIII, Luck and Wilson. I'm really not interested in a veteran QB at this point.

It's a difficult question to answer, because he's a rookie and most of the other QBs in the league have years of production to judge them on. Right now you wouldn't pick him very high obviously, but in 2 or 3 years, perhaps you would. Like it or not we are struck with Tanny, until that fair assessment can be made, that's unlikely to change unless the dolphins clean house, the future is still Tanny good or bad.

First of all, I never thought I'd see a Jet fan support our starting QB and receiving so many thanks by Dolphin fans.

We have two other decent QB's on this team, and his name is Matt Moore and Pat Devlin is the other. It's apparent Coach Philbin had no intent in winning this year, which may explain why he did not insert Moore, after Tannehill's injury, when he had the perfect opportunity to do so. So, if your not really trying to win and your playing for the future, which I don't know what that means, because to me the future is now, anyway, I feel it short changes the fan, and then the fans become totally disenfranchised. Many of us felt Matt Moore looked pretty good against the Jets and that he gave us our best win of the season and best chance to win today. We were firing on all 8 cylinders with Matt Moore and with Tannehill, he seemed like his was running on 3. (flat)

-ucfpf13

I am getting so sick of these forums. The kid is a rookie. He played as WR half his college career. Give the kid a chance and let him finish an entire season first. Most of you forgot the kid wasn't even supposed to play this year, he was supposed to learn the offense from the sideline behind Matt Moore and David Garrard...

Only Luck. RG3 would fail w/o the team around him and the incredibly easy offense Shanahan made for him.

Not counting veterans cause that's jsut stupid.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Andrew Luck won the Heisman? What year?

I think he meant finalists and one winner.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

First of all, I never thought I'd see a Jet fan support our starting QB and receiving so many thanks by Dolphin fans.

We have two other decent QB's on this team, and his name is Matt Moore and Pat Devlin is the other. It's apparent Coach Philbin had no intent in winning this year, which may explain why he did not insert Moore, after Tannehill's injury, when he had the perfect opportunity to do so. So, if your not really trying to win and your playing for the future, which I don't know what that means, because to me the future is now, anyway, I feel it short changes the fan, and then the fans become totally disenfranchised. Many of us felt Matt Moore looked pretty good against the Jets and that he gave us our best win of the season and best chance to win today. We were firing on all 8 cylinders with Matt Moore and with Tannehill, he seemed like his was running on 3. (flat)

-ucfpf13

How was Matt Moore's game immpressive?

Dude was straight average that game.

There used to be a time when rookie quarterbacks were allowed to be rookies. Unless you are one of the league elite by 12 games into your rookie season fans start looking to replace you. I don't care if you have no patience because it has been a decade plus since we had a franchise quarterback. That is not an excuse to try and rush the process and keep replacing quarterbacks until you get instant elite results. Sometimes you just need to draft a young quarterback and actually develop them. Tannehill was the first 1st round quarterback Miami took since Dan Marino. Give him a chance, and 12 games in a rookie season is not a fair chance.

Because Tannehill was expected to NFL ready like they were and the talent on their teams are equal right?

The Skins have More Talent. But the Colts man? They were 2-14 Last Year. The Worst Record in the League. I would say we are pretty close to them dude.
If T-Hill had made a few more plays like Luck or RG3 he would be in the discussion of Super QB Rookies. Currently he is in the Weeden discussion only.

how long should we wait for him to get it?should he get it next year? should it be 4 years?

I said when he was drafted that i didnt think we would draft him just because ross said draft a qb...i didnt think that sherman would let people draft someone that couldnt make it...But i still thought taking a RAW qb was dumb especially top 10...Mark sanchez should be proof enough of that...

also im not necessarily taking it out on tannehill...the problem is the rest of the team and the front office...we have a team that traded away one of the best receivers in the game for 2 3rds...i dont care what type of player and personality you want, thats a bad trade...I dont have confidence in the front office to put the correct people on the field to help him...the smartest off season move this year was to dump vonte, and an even smarter one would have been to try and trade long, now ww get NOTHING FOR HIM because our front office isnt smart enough to see what we dont have (egos getting in the way)...ive said it before, if ross wants to use his money and help this team, go to green bay and tell evey scout and front office person he will pay them more to come to miami...

anyways this thread was about who you would take over tannehill right now...if we could make a madden trade who would you take...i answered...and i would take 15 people over tannehill today...maybe in 3 years it will be different...but god i hope we dont have to draft another qb in 3 years...

Your all over the place. You have your gripes with the pick and the FO.

As for Tannehill. Considering most people around the league had a consensus that he was gonna sit at last 2 years and learn. That would be a nice starting point.

Your post ventures off to so many area's. This thread isn't about Ireland or the FO. Its about Tannehill. And your earlier comments summed you up. TIP? Since your a new young fan, join GB or NE or whomever since 12 years has been too much for you to handle.

Only Luck. RG3 would fail w/o the team around him and the incredibly easy offense Shanahan made for him.

Not counting veterans cause that's jsut stupid.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

I think he meant finalists and one winner.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

How was Matt Moore's game immpressive?

Dude was straight average that game.

battling a sinus infection. So my thoughts and words and typing are alil bit of a chore this week.

Back
Top Bottom