How Many? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Many?

uPhinicky?

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This comes from the Maurice thing.

How many big time student atheletes do you think get
special treatment when it comes to academics?

How many of you (or me) would have just failed had we walked out on a test?

As far as the NCAA is concerned: Any student who recieves special treatment not afforded to other students should be deemed inelligible for school sports!

IMO, Clarett should have been banned for the Championship game.

Also, if it were the NFL, what would the fine be for the undeniable spearheaded hit on Mgahee's knee ?

actually players spear like that to take down guys bigger than them, it just happened that McGahee's cleats worked...REAL WELL....im a die-hard canes fan and the more frustrating thing was the controversial ending to that game...

It just seems to me that if Krenzel can manage an athletic life as well as being the top of his class that he would pass some of this on to his team mate. I realize it comes down to personal motivation, which brings me to my point. You'd think that Clarett would ask Krenzel how he does it, IF HE CARED. In the interviews or pictures i've seen of him he just stands there with a puppy dog look on his face. I'm not saying he isn't a nice guy (I don't know him) but its just a fact that if motivated he has the opportunity to make it happen.

Exactly, he probably is a half-way decent guy. But facts are facts.
He obviously doesn't belong in college. Should have just gone from high school to the pros as is the trend now.

Just kind of irks me the way so many players are rewarded greatly after breaking rules then getting special treatment so their schools can generate more revenue.

Is Ohio State being investigated for any of this?

Thats the same way I felt when Katzemoyer (i think thats right...i probly spelled it better then he does) was going to through this crap at Ohio State as well. It sets a terrible example, making it seem as if its OK.

That's just the thing. Way too many kids, especially in the inner cities
see a lot of these sports figures' lavish lifestyles and feel thats the only way to go. If they're really good in their chosen sport what do they need grades for?

For some (very few) it works out. But they see some of their idols and heros get into trouble, get a small slap on the wrist and go on with their lives. They don't care if they get into trouble because they can just buy their way out and in some cases the courts don't want to hurt their home team, a la Randy Moss.

Back
Top Bottom