How ManyThought Tannehill Should Sit This Year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How ManyThought Tannehill Should Sit This Year?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
I remember back in camp, the majority of Phans thinking that RT should sit out a year to learn and adapt. This made sense, as he had only 19 games of College experience.

Philbin chose to start him, and I see no negative effect in in doing so. All things considered, he has done well, and has a year of experience to feed off for next year.

However, I am now seeing a number of fans questioning his ability in being our future, and wanting to give him very limited time to show them differently. They are likely the same fans who wanted him to sit, when we would have seen nothing.

This fascinates me, and I'm starting to question what many Dolphans have become.

Opinions?

He got valuable experience. Lets hope he learns from his mistakes and along with real play maker he will have a great 2013.

You are wrong, I wanted him to sit this year for his lack of college experience as well as lack of talent at the WR position. I am however, NOT one who is calling for his head, or judging him a bust already.

I knew this would happen though....set the kid up for failure not having anyone to throw to....believing Philbin's offense didn't need a solid WR....

It shouldn't have been shocking going into the season, knowing that our offense would not be threatening to opposing defenses. I'll hold my opinion of Tanny for more than just his rookie season, esp with the best playmaker as our RB.

I said he should sit, even after Garrard got hurt. Instead Philbin opted to go the JJ/Aikman route and start the rookie all season. We'll have to see how things go, but I'm not disappointed in RT's play this season.

You are wrong, I wanted him to sit this year for his lack of college experience as well as lack of talent at the WR position. I am however, NOT one who is calling for his head, or judging him a bust already.

I knew this would happen though....set the kid up for failure not having anyone to throw to....believing Philbin's offense didn't need a solid WR....

It shouldn't have been shocking going into the season, knowing that our offense would not be threatening to opposing defenses. I'll hold my opinion of Tanny for more than just his rookie season, esp with the best playmaker as our RB.

This post was NOT directed at you. There are many other posters who thought the same. Then, there are the others, who want a Franchise QB at LIGHT SPEED, and will not accept anything less. :)

I wanted him to start and still do! Let him take his lumps on a terrible team that way he is developed when we finally get some talent.

I agree. The game doesn't look too big for him. He has the poise in the pocket that you look for, especially for a rookie. This kid is only going to get better, once we get him some legitimate weapons.

I thought Tannehill would be the pick and also thought he would sit this year. His play has been inconsistent, but has shown so much more in terms of talent, than Henne ever did. His lack of experience and surrounding talent has hurt him on many occasions this season. But when he's had protection and players getting open, he's been spot on.

I said he should sit, even after Garrard got hurt. Instead Philbin opted to go the JJ/Aikman route and start the rookie all season. We'll have to see how things go, but I'm not disappointed in RT's play this season.

I'm with ya. It looks to be a VG move.

Gotta do something on that pic of the cat, and come up with a better one. JMO

Ryann T. has played well enough as a rookie to merit playing even though Moore might have (its just guessing) won us a couple more games. Even though I thought it was a good move to trade Marshall because of how he might disrupt the team chemistry for the rookie QB I would have loved to see given the same weapons with Marshalls talent where we are at with Ryann T. Marshall added another notch to the offense last year and regarless of how bad Vonte Davis has done in Indy last year when he was on the field he added another notch to the defense. So with both those guys this year it could be a whole different ball game. Guess another thread would have it been worth it to have gone a possible 10-6 with those guys instead of where we are at now?

How many truly expected a Miami quarterback to have a passer rating above 72 or 73 throwing to Brian Hartline, Davone Bess, Legedu Naanee, Marlon Moore and Anthony Fasano?

How many truly expected a Miami quarterback to have a passer rating above 72 or 73 throwing to Brian Hartline, Davone Bess, Legedu Naanee, Marlon Moore and Anthony Fasano?
Who did we have at WR when Chad Pennington was here?

True story. Maybe Moore would have won another game or two but, to what end? I know, as well as anyone, that patience is wearing very thin with our team, and it's really hard to keep it up. However, we have to see how RT plays out, and it ain't gonna be done, with this talent, as a rookie, in his first year.

A very sure handed Greg Camarillo
A deep threat at WR in Ted Ginn (say what you want, the guy made plays down the field in 2008 and gave us the speed to stretch a defense)
A dual threat at TE with Fasano/Martin
Ricky and Ronnie
A well used Patrick Cobbs
Davone Bess was a rookie slot WR who was making plays

I'd take all of that over what we have now . . . even if that wasn't exactly Murderer's Row either.

We had Ginn, Camarillo, and Bess. However, we also had Fasano and Martin running wild at TE, before the Pats did the same and took it another step.

Back
Top Bottom