How much better will this D be ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much better will this D be ?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
With the FA moves along with the first 2 days of the draft just how much better will we be.
2 LB upgrades 1 DE upgrade and a CB that should do some good .
Top 15 ?
Top 10 ?
Top 5 ?

With the FA moves along with the first 2 days of the draft just how much better will we be.
2 LB upgrades 1 DE upgrade and a CB that should do some good .
Top 15 ?
Top 10 ?
Top 5 ?

I think top 15 is reasonable to expect . . the biggest question mark left is Nate Allen at FS and nickel CB. Less worried about defensive tackle as I expect a rotational veteran to come available when cuts start in June. Losing IAQ was really a big blow to our defense but hopefully Allen can manage for 8 games until Mcdonald is ready.

Better than last year. That's pretty much all that matters right?

I agree with the above poster...it will be better than last year.

We still can't cover a decent receiving TE...I do think the run defense will be better if for no other reason than Jones returned.

“Anywhere my coach can get me on the field, I’m willing to do the job,” McMillan said. “I can’t even long-snap, but if you tell me to be the long-snapper I’ll learn in two days.”
“If a coach asks me to guard Julio Jones, I’ll do my best.”

This kid is special. This may be my favorite draft pick in years. (Although Tunsil and Tannehill's selections were more important)

Raekwon plays football with a purpose. Similar to Ezekiel Elliot in that he lives and dies with every play. The idea of taking a play off doesn't exist to No.5. I'm thinking he will don the double nickel jersey number for us.

Is he Patrick Willis? heck no. He's Raekwon McMillan, born leader and undoubtedly future captain of your defense.

I want winner's.

Hard to say. We're going to play a very hard schedule and many of those teams have great offenses. With Hayes, Timmons, Mcmillan and Jones coming back our run defense should be much better which in turns helps the pass rush. Speaking of pass rush, we now have a 2nd guy that can rush the passer other than Wake. I'd feel much better if we can land a solid DT for that rotation and a slot corner is needed but I feel much better than last year.

Ozzy rules!!

an improvement in our lb core as wells Jones return makes us better.

Back
Top Bottom