How Much Faith Do You Have in Tannehill?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BahamaFinFan78, Aug 3, 2014.

?

How Much Confidence in Tannehill?

1. 1

2.2%
  2. 2

1.3%
  3. 3

3.5%
  4. 4

6.3%
  5. 5

11.7%
  6. 6

8.2%
  7. 7

21.8%
  8. 8

25.9%
  9. 9

9.2%
  10. 10

9.8%
  1. BahamaFinFan78

BahamaFinFan78 A True Fan

We have had Tannehill for two years:
    Year one-he had no weapons
    Year two-he had no protection
    Our success will depend on his success.
    How much confidence do you have in him on a scale of 1-10?
    1 being out of the league in two years with 10 being an All-pro.

2. cafinfan408

cafinfan408 Punching Bag

8 best qb i have seen in a dolphin uniform since Pennington before than Danny

3. mnphinfan

mnphinfan Lifelong Fin Fan

I went with 8. I dont know if he will ever be an all pro but I definitely think he will be pro bowl caliber. Here's to hoping the line holds up this year so we can find out. After reading the tweets from the scrimmage yesterday i believe Lazor will be able to hide some of their deficiencies scheme wise. Hopefully Pouncey can return before opposing D coordinators figure some of the smoke and mirrors out.

4. AllFinsAllDay

AllFinsAllDay A True Fan

I would say 10. 100 percent faith because he is really the only shot we have to win anything

5. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

4. No question he has flashed that he is the long term solution but his 4th Qtr efficiency needs to improve and those two games at the end last season have me concerned that he struggles when you need him most. It's time for him to impose his will on this team.

6. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I went with 4 - just a little worse than a coin flip.

7. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

Just don't see great enough instincts at all. I see a serviceable player at best.

8. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Smoking Hole at the Hard Rock Moderator Finheaven VIP

There's usually two quarterbacks selected all-pro each year (only one last year) so 10 would be a stretch, imo. I could see him making the pro bowl sometime in the next two years. I went with 8 because I am highly confident he can lead the Dolphins to the playoffs.

9. Mcganiel

Mcganiel A True Fan

He is the real deal.. This yeas will be great to watch..

10. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Glad the OP made this a public poll making it easier to understand true prevailing sentiment by adjusting for voters with known personal agendi, axes to grind and/or Rainmanish-like obsessive Tannehate (or love). :up:

11. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

I went with 7. Not blind faith but rather a hope our new OC can get the best out of him. He's got better tools than anyone we've had in a long while. With improved coaching i guess the rest is up to him.
    Our whole season rest with Tannehill improving so i'm behind him until that does not happen. Then we will reevaluate.

12. Danny68

Danny68 Dolphins on 3! Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

Is there an 11? :up:

13. FSU Truth

FSU Truth The North Remembers Finheaven VIP

I like Tannehill a lot and it was obvious that he was hampered by the talent surrounding him over his first two seasons, couple that with an OC that struggled with playcalling and overall play design and it becomes more surprising that he has had any success. HE has what you want in a QB...smart, athletic, great arm and throws well on the move. He makes solid decisions and isn't afraid to "fit one in". HE has struggled with the deep ball and some pocket awareness, but the latter improved as the season went on. As far as confidence....I will rate it a 7.5 (vote will be a 7) and can see him being one of the top 10 QB's in the NFL following this season but there is still a small possibility that he provides much of the same.

14. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

The thanks was for your sig. I didn't even notice what you posted. I was distracted :idk:

15. circumstances

circumstances Starter

i went with 8. i think the kid has it, but i could not pull the trigger on sure fire all pro - yet.

16. Dolphin North

Dolphin North A True Fan

I went 4 but I agree on the reason. Instincts and anticipation. Can't argue with his effort and physical abilities. If the pole asked about my faith in Tannehill and Lazor, I would say 5 or even 6 because of the unknown (with Lazor) and I think he will improve his numbers this year with a better OC using him to his strengths.

But the NFL is about taking away a player's strengths too. At times he will be a 10 and other times in the same game he will be a 1 and that's always been the problem. If I had to predict, I would say another 7 years or so and I think he could be a very very good QB, once he has seen it all so many times that it becomes instinct to react to defenses. But unfortunately it will probably be another team that reaps those rewards if he stays healthy.

17. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Wow I'm surprised in the 4s. Alot of you still don't believe in him. I would say 8 there's always room to grow. I'm not certain he will be elite but he's pretty good and that's an 8

18. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

19. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

Why am I not surprised at who gave the lowest rating right now??? :lol: :lol:

20. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

WV must not have voted yet we don't have a 0 option lol

21. JayFin327

JayFin327 Well-Known Member Donator

7- he doesn't need to be the next Aaron Rodgers, but at the very least be on a level like a Joe Flacco or Matt Ryan.

22. dobrasz54

dobrasz54 Scout Team Finheaven VIP Donator

Meant to put a eight but I hit 10. Oh well. Still I have faith in the kid.

23. mega-fin-love

mega-fin-love Just trust me Donator

Could not decide between 6 and 7. I went with 6. In my opinion all of the votes from 1-3 and 9-10 are just silly. He has not done anything that should shatter hopes or anything that would inspire extreme confidence

24. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 Team Tannehill

Thinking long-term/career, I posted 10. He will be selected to a pro-bowl IMHO. Not going to go into why, my reasons are concrete enough for me, haters can't dissuade.

25. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

Tannehill will be average at worst, so anything below 5 should be eliminated. Gonna go with 7.5 and round up to 8 because I think he has some good coaches now.

26. undefeated72

undefeated72 old-timer Donator

I give him an 8. When he is able to rack up 4th quarter come backs, a top 10 QBR consistently, and the deep ball he will earn my 10.

27. lemonpepperfish

lemonpepperfish janitor

3- I prayed to Tannehill every night when my cat got leukemia but she still died.

28. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 Team Tannehill

Only 1 4th QTR comeback and 1 game-winning-drive in 2012.

However, in 2013, 4 4th QTR comebacks and 3 game-winning-drives. Same amount of 4th QTR comebacks as Luck/Wilson last year, 1 less than Brady. Marino averaged 2.1 4th QTR comebacks a year.

What's a good number?

29. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

My ranking will probably seem low to some, but in my mind the question was asking whether or not he would lead us to the playoffs this year. I think that he has shown he can throw 20-30 TD's a year and 4,000 yards, but I don't think he has the skill to have sufficient success behind this awful offensive line and with a coaching staff that is both incompetent to fix the line and to turn in game advantages into wins.

30. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

I'd say around 7. There are many things I like about him and he is the best QB I've seen in Miami with the exception of Pennington since Marino retired.

But there are doubts, including the inability to consistently connect on deep passes and sometimes questionable pocket presence.

At worst though, I think he will end up as a serviceable starter like Schaub and Carson Palmer.

31. gfish24

gfish24 Rookie

Hmmmmm, some 4th quarter heroics last season, doubled his td passes from rookie year, almost 4000 yards passing and 60% comp percentage.... Kid had no help with oline or running game... Kid has instincts and talent... The whole ****in team laid down the last 2 games... Hartline dropped a potential 80 yard td in Buffalo which coulda changed the dynamic and again the oline and D let us down in both games...

32. Cowboynemo

Cowboynemo Well-Known Member

I think Tannehill has the skills and the smarts to be Brady like....I think this year he's over 4,000 yds and 30 TD's

33. John Biello

John Biello Perennial All-Pro

ive got blind faith in the kid. id hitch my wagon to him for sure. head says 8, but the heart says 10 baby!

34. phinfan33

phinfan33 A True Fan

I gave him a 7. Ryan improved tremendously from his rookie year to last year in just about every aspect. He has everything u want in a Franchise QB. I now wanna see him step up and at least lead our Dolphins to the playoffs.

35. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

As expected, I see Mrs Devlin has already checked in :up:

36. finjim

finjim Banned Hammered

9. Because I am smarter than most.

37. Batroc

Batroc The Anti-Fistpumper

I went with 7. Nothing is a lock in the NFL and qbs with potential regress all of the time sadly. With that being said, the kid has all of the tools necessary to succeed and I am confident that once the issues with the O-Line get settled that he will be the franchise qb that this franchise has been starving for since # 13 hung up his cleats :)

38. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

I feel pretty confident with Tannehill. I'm not sure whether or not he will emerge as an elite quarterback, but when you factor in what he had to work with last year his season showed a lot of promise. Miami's offensive line was probably the worst in football and the running game was mostly non-existent. Yet, the Dolphins played well against playoff teams and nearly made the playoffs.

Obviously, there are areas where Tannehill has to improve. The two are his deep accuracy as he and Wallace left a lot of big plays on the field. I think he improved as the season went on with pocket awareness, but he still could improve more there.

One final thought. I felt like Sherman wanted Tannehill to be a pocket passer and, thus, he didn't get the opportunity to use one of his best talents that often. With Lazor I think we'll see more designed runs for Tannehill and more roll-outs, where I think Ryan resembles Aaron Rodgers.

39. crumpdaddy

crumpdaddy Scout Team Finheaven VIP

i went 8. I have a feeling that we wont be displeased with him this year. im with the previous poster (too lazy to page back) that said 4000 yards and 20-30 tds. I think he'll be 4000 yards easy and 30 combined tds. feel that if he is allowed to use his legs this year he'll get an extra td's running. the read option scares me for your starting QB, but its a weapon. all the Carolina fans around me get excited about newton and my reply is he is putting himself at risk. look at culpepper. heck culpepper shredded his knee running against the panthers. ive had faith in the kid for awhile and im not gonna wavor. I still think that one day people are gonna talk about tannehill and luck like they do brady and manning. maybe im a super homer...probably, or maybe I see them with the same physical attributes (arm and athleticism) just tanne needs to get his game where lucks is. think out or comeback route is complete in his arsenal, that was known coming out of college, I think he is good with the hitch and go, also the TE seam seams to be a strength. just gotta work on his biggest weakness which is the straight fly route. even danny didn't hit this everytime. but just the thought of it being there helps out, and that's one of the reasons we signed Wallace...too make the other D honest. D's aren't sleeping on the fly just cause we don't connect as much as we could, it still opened it up for tanne to connect on the mid range crossing routes. other than us not having Megatron at WR I see no reason why tanne cant be a top 100 player on next years NFL countdown. if lazors offense is based on timing and shorter drops (I know its also said we're gonna be looked to pass deep more) but if based on quick releases, I see great potential in landry, Gibson, hartline. I also see that giving Wallace the chance to be open deep if only we can hit the pass. he hits that pass no doubt he is top 100 player in the league for next season

40. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I voted 8, still does seems to have a slight issue w/ blocked passes, and deep pass with Wallace needs to get better, but he is proving to be a good leader, can move around well in the pocket, while he is exceptional passing on the move left or right, he is also very efficient in the pocket when given at the very least average time, can read defenses well, and if he has too, is able to take off.