How Much Faith Do You Have in Tannehill? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Much Faith Do You Have in Tannehill?

How Much Confidence in Tannehill?

• Total voters
Jury STILL out. It is always tough when the rock is snapped and you are running for your life. Get him a front line that will actually protect him, then, we will see what the kid can do.

I said 7 because I feel like he can perform better than he has the past two seasons and he has shown signs that he could be great, but with that, I'm cautious because so far he hasnt been great and sometimes I wonder if my fandom makes me believe what I otherwise wouldn't believe.

I said 7. I see a guy who can consistently throw for 4000 yards and 25+ touchdowns. However, the interceptions are a concern and he's prone to make poor decisions. I also cannot currently count on him in the clutch, as he has yet to show me anything beyond flashes of ability there.

Fans today always want instant gratification. If your not the league MVP or didn't make it to the Pro Bowl your first 2 years, then your considered a bust. Most of the younger fans today have to realize that some players coming into the take longer to adjust before they can flourish (Brees, Warner, Gannon).

It's like you starting a new job and your bosses pressuring you to do your job at the highest level at the start. I bet many of us will take a few years before we feel comfortable and really hit our stride. Same thing with players.

It is a 10.

Why on earth would you have anything less for your 3rd year starting QB? Before for you go giving me the "but NY he hasn't done this, or he hasn't proven that" shtick I understand, he isn't top 5 or even top 10, hell he might not be top 15 after two years in the league but I'm not going to support him any less.

At this juncture he is the Miami Dolphins best chance at ending this abomination of a QB situation we have been in for over ten years. If he flops this season or regresses to the point of no return, I'll call for the boy's walking papers at the end of the season but in the start of his 3rd year without one game played, you can be damn sure he has 100% of my support at this time.

I said 6. Lost a little faith last year after those last 2 games. I haven't given up yet but I figure it is slight over 50% chance.

4. No question he has flashed that he is the long term solution but his 4th Qtr efficiency needs to improve and those two games at the end last season have me concerned that he struggles when you need him most. It's time for him to impose his will on this team.

I can't argue with the Jet game, though I do wonder how beat up he was after Buffalo.

Buffalo just dominated our weak O-line so I won't put that one on Tannehill.

Thats about where my faith is as far as Tannehill getting significantly better. A bit better than 50/50.

I clicked 4. I don't like his background and how it translates to likelihood a top pick panning out. IMO, our instincts were very poor. The tape doesn't matter in cases like that. I didn't want any part of Tannehill or Weeden that year, for reasons I detailed in the draft forum. Far preferable to blow money on someone like Matt Flynn and get it out of your system quickly once the mistake is glaring. You might actually learn something. Weeden would have been preferable. He'd be gone. Tannehill is the most dangerous type of error, one that lingers. The franchise is stuck within adjustment and denial for years.

Even if he produces above 4, the number 4 is proper given the wasted years in which we could pursue a legit option.

If your goal is to build a perennial contender I'd much rather be in Cleveland's shoes. Manziel could be the next Wilson, and if he's not its no biggie, move on in a few years in search of the next Wilson again.

For us, we'll need a lot of luck but I do think Tannehill is capable if winning a championship. We seem to be on the exact same page in our feelings towards Tannehill but where we differ is I believe Philbin's approach is better for Tannehill than Rex Ryan's or even Pete Carroll's would be. Tannehill will probably develop into a 8.5 to 9 win a season guy, I don't see him gritting out 2-3 wins by himself to get us over the hump so what he needs is variance. Variance will be his friend. Philbin is proven to be a very aggressive head coach in a lot of ways and aggression creates variance. I believe if Philbin and Tannehill survive here for the next decade we'll probably have a lot of mediocre seasons but at least once we'll make a legit run at the SB.

I'm sure the prospect of 1 good year out of ten wouldn't excite many around here but think about this:
- we lived with Ireland for the better part of a decade
- and we haven't sniffed a SB in 3 decades

A decade is not really a long time when you think about it.

Having said that I would have been ok with drafting Manziel in the first. That would have been ballsy. Almost as ballsy as Denver trading Cutler, and that worked out pretty good for them.

10....but today he's having an awful practice...lmao at the bengals horrid contract to daltons sorry ass...anyone still think tannehill won't get $70 mil plus when he comes up for free agency next year??? anyone???

that's what i thought :rolleyes2:

anyone still think tannehill won't get $70 mil plus when he comes up for free agency next year??? anyone???

that's what i thought :rolleyes2:

Really depends on how he plays this year. If he doesn't get better and take us to the playoffs there is no way he gets a big contract next year.
They will make him play out his rookie contract until he takes us to the playoffs. That is when the payoff will come.

But yeah if he improve and we make the playoffs then they may extend him early in order to save some money down the road.

Really depends on how he plays this year. If he doesn't get better and take us to the playoffs there is no way he gets a big contract next year.
They will make him play out his rookie contract until he takes us to the playoffs. That is when the payoff will come.

But yeah if he improve and we make the playoffs then they may extend him early in order to save some money down the road.

if he has another 24 and 17 year even he'd be getting that kind of money in todays nfl...if he goes over 30 tds this year $70 mil wont even be in the ball park if miami waits til after next year...

he's a $100 million qb in waiting...nothing on offense you can't run with him...read option pistol traditional pocket rollouts boot legs everything...playbooks wide open

I went with 5, I was considering 6. I decided to try to take my Fins bias out of the situation and pretend he was on a team I don't like or hate. So I pretended he was Tampa Bay and gave him a 5.

He has improved. His numbers are nice for 2nd year my concern is the intangibles. He may throw a bunch od TDs and yards and fold when it matters most again.
I honestly think it can go wither way. He will never be terrible bc of his work ethic and physical tools.
Like Awsi said, my fear is we are having the same convo in 2 years (Dalton syndrome)...
I would be ok with him being a top 8 qb like Ryan or Flacco, I think that is his ceiling.

24 TD's puts him in the middle of the pack with Cam and Carson. But the 17 Interception puts him in the bottom 3rd of the QB's.
Don't think that is good enough to get big money from Ross.

Yes Dalton got paid with even more Interceptions but he has also proved he can lead a team to the playoffs.
He is the only QB with more than 1 Int per game that made the playoffs last year.

If Ryan wants to get paid he need to cut down on the Interceptions or lead us to playoffs.

24 TD's puts him in the middle of the pack with Cam and Carson. But the 17 Interception puts him in the bottom 3rd of the QB's.
Don't think that is good enough to get big money from Ross.

Yes Dalton got paid with even more Interceptions but he has also proved he can lead a team to the playoffs.
He is the only QB with more than 1 Int per game that made the playoffs last year.

If Ryan wants to get paid he need to cut down on the Interceptions or lead us to playoffs.

daltons the reason the bengals lose in the postseason every year...

Back
Top Bottom