How Much Faith Do You Have in Tannehill? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Much Faith Do You Have in Tannehill?

How Much Confidence in Tannehill?

• Total voters
daltons the reason the bengals lose in the postseason every year...

Believe me living outside of Cincinnati for 25 years, Most local fans don't care.
They have been in the playoffs for 3 years in a row which is much better than missing it every year before he arrived.
2 playoff appearance in 20 years and then 3 in row with Dalton is why he got paid.

Believe me living outside of Cincinnati for 25 years, Most local fans don't care.
They have been in the playoffs for 3 years in a row which is much better than missing it every year before he arrived.
2 playoff appearance in 20 years and then 3 in row with Dalton is why he got paid.

fair enough...i guess most cinci fans aren't that smart then

Some cincy fans are disappointed. But what are their other options?

If you let him go and he becomes real good elsewhere it would be hard to explain to fans.
and if who you bring in doesn't make it to the playoffs then you would have some real disgruntled fans

That is the same thing the Dolphins may have to deal with. Paying for potential.

Some cincy fans are disappointed. But what are their other options?

If you let him go and he becomes real good elsewhere it would be hard to explain to fans.
and if who you bring in doesn't make it to the playoffs then you would have some real disgruntled fans

That is the same thing the Dolphins may have to deal with. Paying for potential.

that's part of the problem...they don't really have any other options...if you draft a qb with your top pick it tells dalton that they don't believe in him etc...but if the bengals ever get very far with that qb they are gonna have to surround him with once a decade level defense and running game etc...they got a hell of a team right now and it's still not good enough cause of the qb...

tough spot for them for sure...but i know if i was the hc or gm i wouldn't tie my nfl lifeline to andy dalton...and if they keep losing in the first round wont be long before someone else gets the blame...hc or gm

that extension is basically putting the gms head on the block...they will cut it off in time

that's part of the problem...they don't really have any other options...if you draft a qb with your top pick it tells dalton that they don't believe in him etc...but if the bengals ever get very far with that qb they are gonna have to surround him with once a decade level defense and running game etc...they got a hell of a team right now and it's still not good enough cause of the qb...

tough spot for them for sure...but i know if i was the hc or gm i wouldn't tie my nfl lifeline to andy dalton...and if they keep losing in the first round wont be long before someone else gets the blame...hc or gm

that extension is basically putting the gms head on the block...they will cut it off in time

Lucky for Bengals fans and their GM a championship caliber QB fell into their lap in the 5th round, thats even if Dalton turns out to be a dud. Can't be many QBs that have gone to the postseason their first 3 seasons and gone undefeated at home for a season. I can only imagine but bringing the fans 8 wins at home and getting home playoff games should buy him a little "street cred" with them.

From what I've seen in 2 years, I have confidence Tannehill can continue to develop into a good to great starting QB. He has to clean up his game a bit though

I still cant believe Cinci made that deal...I had to check another website just to make sure it wasn't a joke. That's an insane amount to pay anyone with red hair.

the least pressured qb in football pretty much...imagine how his numbers would look if he dealt with the amount of contact tannehill did in 2013...that guys a pretender...

I clicked 4. I don't like his background and how it translates to likelihood a top pick panning out. IMO, our instincts were very poor. The tape doesn't matter in cases like that. I didn't want any part of Tannehill or Weeden that year, for reasons I detailed in the draft forum. Far preferable to blow money on someone like Matt Flynn and get it out of your system quickly once the mistake is glaring. You might actually learn something. Weeden would have been preferable. He'd be gone. Tannehill is the most dangerous type of error, one that lingers. The franchise is stuck within adjustment and denial for years.

Even if he produces above 4, the number 4 is proper given the wasted years in which we could pursue a legit option.

I don't know how anyone can ever take you serious! When you state that Flynn and Weeden would have been better prospects! You do realize that Flynn has been a career backup and got beat by a rookie for seahawks starting job! Weeden couldn't have handled what Tannenhill did! Tannenhill has done pretty damn good considering he has been sacked like 120 times the last two years behind some bad O lines! Add to it Tannenhill also threw for more yardage, increased TD thrown, and INTs down! Shows alot of poise to overcome that kind of pressure! I doubt Weeden or Flynn could handle it the same as Tannenhill!

7. he took an absolute beating last season and he got up every time.
Give the guy some protection and he has the chance to be really good.

8...I have faith in Tanne...it's just everyone else in a Dolphins uniform, or Dolphins shirt & tie that scares me! :)

I clicked 4. I don't like his background and how it translates to likelihood a top pick panning out. IMO, our instincts were very poor. The tape doesn't matter in cases like that. I didn't want any part of Tannehill or Weeden that year, for reasons I detailed in the draft forum. Far preferable to blow money on someone like Matt Flynn and get it out of your system quickly once the mistake is glaring. You might actually learn something. Weeden would have been preferable. He'd be gone. Tannehill is the most dangerous type of error, one that lingers. The franchise is stuck within adjustment and denial for years.

Even if he produces above 4, the number 4 is proper given the wasted years in which we could pursue a legit option.

Regardless of the subject being Tannehill, I love how your mind works man. We need to get you your own thread where you can wax poetic on things Dolphin-related. You just have a whole different way of looking at things that goes beyond the standard message board pumping/bashing nonsense that tends to clutter these places.

24 TD, 17 INT, just shy of 4k yards in a year with awful protection. And improved numbers from the year prior with a joke of a WR corp. A lot of faith.

I love how that works. Those numbers are because of him right ..... but they're not produced because of inflated attempts? How does that work exactly?

We need better protection, but Tanny also needs to throw less.

Back
Top Bottom