How Much Faith Do You Have in Tannehill? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Much Faith Do You Have in Tannehill?

How Much Confidence in Tannehill?

• Total voters
ZERO! Let me say that again ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......... Nothing like being given your job because your college coach was the OC!

are you always this dramatic? Dude throws for 4000 yards and 24 tds behind the worst o-line in league history and you have ZERO faith in him?

so if he succeeds and becomes a all-pro and takes us far into the playoffs are you gonna switch teams out of spite or will you come around and eat crow?

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk

Dalton's weapons are only going to be better this season, Eifert and that RB they took are going to be stars in the league to go along with AJ Green, and now he has a good young QB to push him. I wouldn't bet against Dalton having another 11 or 12 win season. The biggest question mark will be just how good was Jay Gruden?

I said 6. Lost a little faith last year after those last 2 games. I haven't given up yet but I figure it is slight over 50% chance.

did you watch the total team effort those last two games? It was a lack of leadership for sure,which can be partly put on tannehill, but not all of it. The bills game was an abomination. It was like watching a jailbreak every snap. Our guys were the guards getting beaten to death on the way out.

I don't know how anyone can ever take you serious! When you state that Flynn and Weeden would have been better prospects! You do realize that Flynn has been a career backup and got beat by a rookie for seahawks starting job! Weeden couldn't have handled what Tannenhill did! Tannenhill has done pretty damn good considering he has been sacked like 120 times the last two years behind some bad O lines! Add to it Tannenhill also threw for more yardage, increased TD thrown, and INTs down! Shows alot of poise to overcome that kind of pressure! I doubt Weeden or Flynn could handle it the same as Tannenhill!

I don't think he was saying Weeden or Flynn was a better "prospect".
I think what he was saying was, we wouldn't be in QB purgatory with them bc we would have moved on. With RT is his opinion we will be stuck in mediocrity. Goiod and young enough to keep around, never good enough to win in playoffs...

I don't know how anyone can ever take you serious! When you state that Flynn and Weeden would have been better prospects!

He states that Flynn and Weeden would have been better choices because they would have failed faster, not because they are better prospects, which is an even dumber concept that he didn't really think through.

did you watch the total team effort those last two games? It was a lack of leadership for sure,which can be partly put on tannehill, but not all of it. The bills game was an abomination. It was like watching a jailbreak every snap. Our guys were the guards getting beaten to death on the way out.

No, I was traveling both weeks and missed watching the games. Glad I did.
I didn't put blame all on RT17 for those games just said i lost faith.
RT17 will go as the Dolphins go hence my 6 confidence rating.

Don't have a lot of faith in the team these day after being let down so many times in the past.

Don't have a lot of faith in the team these day after being let down so many times in the past.

if u had watched the buffalo game you definitely wouldn't have put it on the qb...

I went 7. He went from 12 TD's and 13 INT's as a rookie to 24 and 17 as a second year man. This isn't to be trivialized. He essentially doubled up on TD's and just about hit 4,000 yards.
He did have some serious attempts but it's undeniable that he made considerable progress in being a playmaker. At times he makes some breathtaking throws. There is also no denying what a poor OL he had. 4 of the 5 starters were shipped out (Pouncey being the one left but he's hurt). We lost a couple of games because pass rushers were on Tannehill late in games like against Buffalo and Baltimore. Miami couldn't block Buffalo period. This isn't about the number of qb pressures and pro rated stats comparing this guy with that guy. That's over thinking it. Miami couldn't run the ball with authority both because they lacked a power runner and had a leaky O line.

The kid is bright and developing. I am not putting him in the category with Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Brees or Luck. But he could be on the next level with the likes of Flacco and Eli Manning.

Let down? When? Lol. Faith is hard to come by these days, but Tannehill at least looks like a good QB with the eyeball test. Can't say the same for most of the QB's we've had to suffer watching. Culpepper, Frerotte, Lemon, Beck, Fiedler, Harrington, Green, Huard, Griese (jr.), Feeley, Henne. Man I bet I even forgot a few! I didn't mention Penny on purpose BTW because he did awesome here.

fair enough...i guess most cinci fans aren't that smart then
How exactly does that make Cincy fans dumb? Because they're rooting for a Qb that took them to the playoffs 3 years in a row? Who's the last QB we had that did that?

Little faith.

I am of the belief that if he was going to be a great one, we would have seen it by now.

Looks like Ireland reached big time. But, Tannehill can still hide behind the fact that the OL was terrible. which is true, the OL was terrible. So there's that. He might be able to prove himself under a better OL.

like i said 71...the bengals just made a massive mistake

http://grantland.com/features/andy-dalton-cincinnati-bengals-pressure/

Dalton has severe limitations, and I agree with you. I wouldn't have drafted him, because . . . best case scenario, you get this mess. I wouldn't extend him either, but I think the Bengals believe that Dalton can be good enough to win big with a lighter work load - given his offensive weapons, running game, and D. So with the emphasis on the run game in 2014 with Jackson as the new OC, I think the Bengals will lease-to-own here. If he's capable in a smaller role, they win.

But Awsi is right about Tannehill. It's boom or bust time for him. You can't give him a new contract unless he has a great season.

Just don't see great enough instincts at all. I see a serviceable player at best.

not sure you need instincts to play QB. You need to be able to read a defense...but instincts are usually something I put on defense since they hunt. An offensive player is reading and attacking with prior knowledge.

I said 9. I have complete faith in RT in his work ethic, character, skills, and his ability to score a hot wife. He has progressed a little every year coming from crap to work with to now a guy in Lazor who will show him timing and getting rid of the rock and counting on all your guys moving the ball downfield.

So its really about Lazor to me as much as it is RT. He threw for close to 4000. I see more this year for sure. More reliable targets. Growing youth on this team. Depth. yadda yadda yadda. Its not just about the QB. If RT can achieve what Lazor wants him to, he will shine. Simple as that. Lazor is going to work defenses to keep them honest and then spread them out.

Back
Top Bottom