How much money to we have left to spend?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much money to we have left to spend??

We were $4.3 million under before the Harrington trade. Not sure where that will put us now. Though, if we need room, there are many creative ways to create it without having to release anyone. We should be fine.

Thanks Buddy!! to be real honest with you i dont think we need much more than that to do the job right this year.

does anyone know what ricky not playing saved us if anything?

Nublar7 said:
We were $4.3 million under before the Harrington trade. Not sure where that will put us now. Though, if we need room, there are many creative ways to create it without having to release anyone. We should be fine.

Nublar, curious to know your source. And it truly is mind boggling how that stuff works. I have a Masters in Accounting and I don't go near the CAP accounting. It is so counter intuitive to GAAP I get lost. I do have all the excel files on my PC right here:wink:. Only problem is I'm always a year behind.

greatwade said:
Nublar, curious to know your source. And it truly is mind boggling how that stuff works. I have a Masters in Accounting and I don't go near the CAP accounting. It is so counter intuitive to GAAP I get lost. I do have all the excel files on my PC right here:wink:. Only problem is I'm always a year behind.
Jason Cole is the source.

ADALFIN said:
Thanks Buddy!! to be real honest with you i dont think we need much more than that to do the job right this year.
I wouldnt be sure of that.1 player goes down and it could change everthing.Saban is doing a great job and if he could add more depth im sure he will.I still think we need 1 more year but we will soon see.

fish fan 4 life said:
Think i heard the same thing.

I thought that's what the ESPN story said when the first brought up Ricky going to the CFL on their site, I wonder if the link to that is still up.

Per Jason Cole:

Q hey J-son first timer, my question is, do we have enough cap room to sign Arrington for his going rate, and then sign draft picks and other potential FA's of need?
RichfromPhoenix, Tempe, AZ 4/16/06
A The cap isn't a problem. They have $4.3 million under the cap right now and can create more room if they want to.
Jason Cole 4/16/06

Per Jerry Magee:

JERRY MAGEE / UNION-TRIBUNE SPORTS COLUMNIST
Draft can be rewarding experience - for draftees
UNION-TRIBUNE April 23, 2006

The Texans, just $4.7 million under the cap, fit with the teams that are not cap rich, among them Atlanta ($1.3 million under), Oakland ($1.4 million), Pittsburgh ($2.9 million), Detroit ($3.3 million), the New York Giants ($3.7 million), Miami ($4 million), Carolina ($4.1 million) and Washington ($3.7 million).

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/magee/20060423-9999-1s23nflcol.html

Back
Top Bottom