How much would you pay to get Mike Wallace? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How much would you pay to get Mike Wallace?

Fins1971

C'mon Dolphins
Club Member
Reaction score
The Steelers gifted receiver Mike Wallace is a free agent this year.

If we go after any big name free agents receivers I would go for Mike Wallace. The Steelers are in tough spot cap wise. They will either franchise him (not likely) or try to sign to a long term deal. But with little cap space he is vulnerable to being poached by a team with more cap space. A large signing bonus could make a deal that the Steelers couldn't match. And it would weaken the Steelers team that always is ahead of us in the race for those few playoff spots.

Now that would be a receiving trio with marshal, Wallace and Bess. That would be sick.

What is he worth?

I don't know, a decent amount. Man if we had the combo of Wallace and Marshall with a good QB, that would just be insanity!!

isnt he a rfa? That means more than likely the steelers will put a high value on him

To me you need other pieces of the puzzle before the speed receiver. Miami needs to solve the QB problem, find a free safety, right tackle and linebacker/DE so receiver is way way down the priority list this season.

Now with that being said if the cards fell right hell yeah I would welcome the man with open arms.

isnt he a rfa? That means more than likely the steelers will put a high value on him

yes he is restricted. But I give up our 1st round pick for him anyday. You have to have receivers in this league to be in it at the end. The good teams have 3-4. We only have 2. Moore may endup being the QB we need with the right receivers and a whole offseason program.

Here are the details of the Steelers situation with him.

Placing only the tender on Wallace would leave Pittsburgh open to being poached for its top wideout by teams willing to fork over a long-term contract and a first-round draft pick. One such club could be the division-rival Ravens, who draft 29th overall. The cap-strapped Steelers may see the monetary difference between the tender ($2.742 million) and tag ($9.6 million) as worth the risk.

Moss comes cheaper and has chip on his shoulder to get that ring.... Manning, Marshall, Moss.... Wow!

He is there top priority, he isn't going anywhere.

I would give them a first if they have problems giving him a deal. He is proven and he would fit perfect next to Marshall

i would just trade down for wright or floyd... get more picks.. and spend half the money..

WR is NOT the place we need to be giving things up for this year. A good QB could produce significant numbers with the corps we have......so QB is where we need to be giving things up, and a top notch OLineman.

The Steelers gifted receiver Mike Wallace is a free agent this year.

If we go after any big name free agents receivers I would go for Mike Wallace. The Steelers are in tough spot cap wise. They will either franchise him (not likely) or try to sign to a long term deal. But with little cap space he is vulnerable to being poached by a team with more cap space. A large signing bonus could make a deal that the Steelers couldn't match. And it would weaken the Steelers team that always is ahead of us in the race for those few playoff spots.

Now that would be a receiving trio with marshal, Wallace and Bess. That would be sick.

What is he worth?

Nothing. He isn't leaving Pittsburgh just like Brees isn't leaving New Orleans

Back
Top Bottom