How the Vontae Davis trade went down | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How the Vontae Davis trade went down

With all due respect, and not trying to start an argument, I question the idea that you, me or anyone else on here is a better talent evaluator than a professional coaching staff.
With all due respect there are about half a dozen guys on this site that are better talent evaluators than Ireland. Take a trip to the draft forum sometime.

Hey, if we initially were offered a sixth and ended up getting that and a second...i'm not gonna complain.
Not much of a negotiator then. Colts began by lowballing then when they offer what they were actually willing to pay it makes Ireland feel like he's getting a steal and jumps on it. Particularly effective if it was a player that wasn't necessarily available.

I think most people are assuming that this is a Joe Philbin trade. This is not a Joe Philbin trade.

Yes Ireland's trade but at some point prior he and Philbin had to have agreed that moving Vontae was a possibility and acceptable to both.

I wonder... if at any time during the negotiations... was a wide receiver's name ever brought up...??

Maybe Philbin finally got around to watching the first episode of Hard Knocks were VD says he was "acting" and came over as a real immature me first kind of guy.

Interesting. This actually makes me feel a lot worse about the trade, since it seems that the team genuinely feels that Marshall is a better CB than Davis. And, uhm, he's not.
Better or not is questionable. Consistentcy and a lack of work ethic are slanted in Marshall's favor IMO.

Hey, if we initially were offered a sixth and ended up getting that and a second...i'm not gonna complain.

By negotiating up to a 2nd round pick.. That shows the Colts really wanted Vontae and it also shows that Ireland was able to read his worth... However, trading the conditional 6th for a wide receiver from the Colts.. even if that receiver was cut next week.. would show the fan base (and players) that the Dolphin brass recognize the short comings of our receiver corp and is searching for a solution...

I think most people are assuming that this is a Joe Philbin trade. This is not a Joe Philbin trade.

I agree, but I do think Philbin is on board with it.

Vontae's performance on "Hard Knocks" was embarrassing and he is not the kind of player from a heart and work ethic standpoint that I think Philbin wants.

Maybe Philbin finally got around to watching the first episode of Hard Knocks were VD says he was "acting" and came over as a real immature me first kind of guy.
I think you missed the part of the story where Ireland made the trade and there was no mention of Philbin.

They wanted vontae bad.

Thats obvious with this...and ireland got a lot for him.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2

Better or not is questionable. Consistentcy and a lack of work ethic are slanted in Marshall's favor IMO.

A steady B player is better for a team than a player who might be an A player one week and C player the next week.

this all went down a few days after marshall had an awful game and got smoked all night against atlanta

Exactly when did he get smoked? Playing against a potent offense and giving up 3 FG's is getting smoked?

1 FG was attibuted to RT's pick.
1 FG was attributed to Vontae's PI on 3rd down.
1 FG was attibuted to Marshall getting beat on 51 yard pass.

No TD's given up, A few 3rd down convesions allowed in the middle of field that didn't result in points and one 51 yard pass that allows a FG.

Yep, he was getting smoked all night. Get real.

Back
Top Bottom