How to beat Indy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How to beat Indy

zach13

Mad Dog
Reaction score
Simple -

Keep their offense off of the field by a combination of

1. Holding the ball on offense -

In their one loss, against Carolina, Indi lost the Time of Possession battle by a full 10 minutes.

Carolina was able to keep Ind. off the field by rushing 41 times, at 4.6 ypc.

If Miami could re-discover their lost rushing game in time for Sunday that could be a key to victory. Even if the rushing game isn't overly effective by itself it can still win the day if Griese can effectively play-action against the Indy defense.

2. Stopping Indi on defense -

Easier said than done against the triple threat of Manning, Harrison, and James.

But, I believe the key here will be the defensive line. Control the line of scrimmage against the run, and pressure Manning when he drops back to pass. Like many drop-back QB's, he has proven that if you put him on his back early, you can rattle him.

Go Fins!!!

Indy has a good pass rush, so we need to throw in 1st down to Ricky, McM and Konrad or short outs to the WR to get easy 2nd and 3rd downs. TOP has always been the key to beating an explosive O like the Colts.

Perfect analysis on D - though w/Chester out I am worried about EJ a bit

I believe we are going to have to be up by two scores to have a shot at this game. We seem to kind of come out flat in the second half and Manning can and will expose that. I agree that Ricky needs to get the carries this week. The longer we have the ball, the longer they don't. This is going to be a fun game.

Back
Top Bottom