How to fix the o-line... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How to fix the o-line...

Cocaine solved our oline problem. Foerster was a horrible coach from his first stint here as OC in 04 to his last gig with the niners. Not a good coach.

I've said for the last two years the way to fix it is by using free agency on the o-line and not the draft. When you go o-line in free agency you know what you're getting. You never know with the draft. They've had plenty of chances to get two top guards in free agency but instead they messed that up and gave money to players that they didn't need to give so much money to.

Ozzy rules!!

I've watched that tunsil tape from yesterday it's not as bad as it's being made out to be.

He had a solid saints game. But we aren't getting top 10 left tackle play that's for sure. I think the whole guard thing set him back on space play at tackle.

Im seeing more a guard top heavy looking athlete this year not the terrific feet he came in the league with. Head dropping etc.

I've watched that tunsil tape from yesterday it's not as bad as it's being made out to be.

He had a solid saints game. But we aren't getting top 10 left tackle play that's for sure. I think the whole guard thing set him back on space play at tackle.

Im seeing more a guard top heavy looking athlete this year not the terrific feet he came in the league with. Head dropping etc.

I agree with this post. At least I really, really want to. I expect he'll improve throughout the year. Last year was a set back learning different habits, footwork and overall role responsibility. I still expect him to be a top LT in this league in the next 1-2 yrs.

How to fox this o-line..... cocain and PEDs. Hell, I’m on the A-rod supplement program and even use the same pharmacy as him. That shlt is a game changer.

Give Asiata a chance at LG. Is there really much to lose? Miami's guard play has to be the worst in the NFL through four games. Asiata should instantly help in the running game and he'll be a work in progress in pass protection. At least he gets valuable reps.

Draft an offensive lineman high come April. The Dolphins don't seem to be able to hit in middle to late rounds on the offensive line. Get a true, ready to start talent.
Amen!

If we were getting decent guard play, I'd be OK with standing pat at guard. But, we have a good young prospect in Asiata who has the physical power to open run lanes, something we definitely need. It's not like he would be a liability in pass pro ... given that our guards are poor at both currently. I hope the new OL coach plugs Asiata into LG and lets him grow. Then when Larsen gets back, give him a shot at RG, since Bushrod isn't really earning the spot either.

The problems with the oline really shouldn't be that shocking. Tunsil is starting at LT in the NFL for the first time in his life, should we expect no growing pains? Steen imo would have major trouble finding a starting job in the league. He has an Alabama pedigree but his anchor is weak in pass protection and I don't see him moving people in the run game. He isn't helping things on Sunday, not in love with#77 but I'm willing to wait and hope that he'll be a good player for us. Pouncey doesn't practice and it shows in his game. I'm not sure he's ever going to be the player we're hoping for him to be. He doesn't look close to his Pro Bowl form. Bushrod is not that great and he wasn't all that great last year. James is playing very well and is a bright spot. On top of all that the QB that runs the offense goes down and the line is dealing with a brand new guy who they don't know at all. This offense needs reps together, 1000's of them, maybe then they'll gel into a formidable unit.

The problems with the oline really shouldn't be that shocking. Tunsil is starting at LT in the NFL for the first time in his life, should we expect no growing pains? Steen imo would have major trouble finding a starting job in the league. He has an Alabama pedigree but his anchor is weak in pass protection and I don't see him moving people in the run game. He isn't helping things on Sunday, not in love with#77 but I'm willing to wait and hope that he'll be a good player for us. Pouncey doesn't practice and it shows in his game. I'm not sure he's ever going to be the player we're hoping for him to be. He doesn't look close to his Pro Bowl form. Bushrod is not that great and he wasn't all that great last year. James is playing very well and is a bright spot. On top of all that the QB that runs the offense goes down and the line is dealing with a brand new guy who they don't know at all. This offense needs reps together, 1000's of them, maybe then they'll gel into a formidable unit.

Yep Tunsil is uncomfortable and it shows. The OL is not gelling.

Back
Top Bottom