How to make Miami a winner again | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How to make Miami a winner again

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
There is tremendous debate about what to do with all our FA's. who should we keep and who should we let go. All the debate has got me thinking about the bottom line question. How does Miami become a winner again? There are 3 basic approaches.

1) resign some of our FA's, add some FA's from other teams, and draft well
2) let all our FA's walk, sign several FA's from other teams, and draft well
3) sign most of our FA's and draft well

Looking at our recent records of 7-9, 6-10, 7-9, 7-9 .... I'm not so sure if it is such a big deal if we sign any of our FA's. it's not like we are winning with them. I'm sure the FO will decide who they want based on who they envision they will target in FA but even more importantly who they want to target in the draft (more like position and not as much specific player). My own personal hope is we resign Clemons at least because I have my doubts on the rest of our own FA's. only the FO knows these players well enough to make those tough decisions.

Finally, what is Philbin's plan? Does he want to lose our FA's and rebuild through the draft? If so, then he will only be able to do so much this draft. It will take him a few drafts to get us there. Personally I would like to see us use #1 as our philosophy because I feel we can become a winner quicker. What say you?

No. 1 for me. We've got several players that would be hard to replace with someone else's FA, that would be any better. Therefore the experience with Philbin is the trump card...So says me !

draft draft and draft baby then complement with free agency. After the draft most free agents should be bargains

draft draft and draft baby then complement with free agency. After the draft most free agents should be bargains

I disagree. The FAs left post draft are usually the guys no one wants ie Nanee. Option 1 makes most sense.

i believe you address your needs though FAs and then being working on your draft board

Well, we have to spend 90% of the cap by new rule. So what do I think is going to happen?

look below.

Well, we have to spend 90% of the cap by new rule. So what do I think is going to happen?

look below.

B]Resign Long, Fasano, Clemmons, Hartline
FA Greg Jennings WR

1. Zeke Ansah DE
2a. Jordan Poyer CB
2b. Stepfan Taylor RB
3a. Gavin Escobar TE
3b. Ryan Swope WR

I am not sure about Poyer, taylor, or escobar, but the I agree with the rest of your plan.
I agree that Long, Fasano, Clemmons, and Hartline resign.
I would actually prefer Finley over Jennings(or both) and draft another WR in 2b.

I think Ireland will try to resign Long to a deal similar to what Wake received. He gets lots of money if he plays well and guaranteed money is about 17 to 20 million.

Have a feeling this draft will be Ireland picking a bunch players you never heard of like the past few drafts. Reminds me of when he traded back for Odrick...I was like who?!?!?! Misi was another weird pick on draft day. Trading up for Daniel Thomas was dumb too. Though I admit I was ecstatic when Miami drafted Vontae Davis as he was the #1 projected CB that year. But for the most part I've been unexcited on draft day when Miami's selection is revealed under Ireland.

Have a feeling this draft will be Ireland picking a bunch players you never heard of like the past few drafts. Reminds me of when he traded back for Odrick...I was like who?!?!?! Misi was another weird pick on draft day. Trading up for Daniel Thomas was dumb too. Though I admit I was ecstatic when Miami drafted Vontae Davis as he was the #1 projected CB that year. But for the most part I've been unexcited on draft day when Miami's selection is revealed under Ireland.

we ended up with a better draft that year than most. The RB san diego went up for is not really worth it. But thanks anyways because now Odrick and Misi are two starters who actually can play. It took a couple years but they are good. Watch Odrick when he goes into DT. Dont be surprised to see 10 sacks. This could be his year.

Back
Top Bottom