How upset would you be if we drafted o line with first 2 picks? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How upset would you be if we drafted o line with first 2 picks?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I for one would welcome the idea to finally put the o line together that we so desperately need.
Im tired of watching our qb run for his life.Also I'm tired of watching him throw it away or take a sack.
I would also like to see someone replace Pouncey in FA after he gets cut.To much cash for to little production.

It all depends on if they will take 2-3 years to develop. If they are drafted that high, they must come in and dominate which is highly unlikely.

Probably only gonna see Hernandez there at 43. Guard only left guard fit solid player but probably doesn’t fit the scheme. Short area lateral quickness looks less than ideal for pass pro in a lateral scheme

Isiah Wynn has some pinch tackle versatility that barring a bad medical post labrum surgery outlook should mean he’s gone come pick 43. No one helped themselves more than that kid senior bowl week

I will pass on Orlando brown at 11. Massive dude plays very upright stands out on tape how erect he is. Gets away with it cause he has good feet for his size and massive length and is a pretty good athlete too for his size.

Can overset in pass pro and grab when guys get outside the framework of his body. Doesn’t always bring his feet.

Don’t think price will be there either if he’s a legit 6 foot 4 and 320 and has pivot guard versatility. At that size they both should be on the table provided the arm length is solid.

Of all of em id say Hernandez makes it he has no position versatility

Last edited:
I wouldn't be upset, but let's understand something we had better have a backup plan to fill all the holes on this team if we go that route.

I for one would welcome the idea to finally put the o line together that we so desperately need.
Im tired of watching our qb run for his life.Also I'm tired of watching him throw it away or take a sack.
I would also like to see someone replace Pouncey in FA after he gets cut.To much cash for to little production.

We won’t.

Not upset....but I feel our best play is build the defense first....I think we overlook defensive play makers if we go down that road....but if we do continue to build the offense with a potentially quality TE and a second RB....Build ONE side of the ball, GET IT RIGHT...go from there....we need a dominate side of the ball to be relevant...

IMO

It depends on how they feel about Jake brendel as to how they should go about a o line add.

I happen to think they value him as a potential starting option so pivot versatility to me isn’t as big a deal in an add. Develop more core strength in the offseason program and I see starter material.

With or without pouncey

Guard only types usually will last longer too on tbe draft boards. Of course if they fail there there is no fall back

Honestly I would be pissed.

The top two picks need to be Defensive talent. We can get two guards in the middle end of the draft to fill in the gaps on the OL. Now if we dropkick Pouncey to the curb then I would not get upset with a center in the second.

And when it’s time to exercise the 5th yr option how much of the cap are you going to pour in to the Oline.
Having 1-2 superstars on the Oline doesn’t help if there are 1-2 weak links.
I’d rather have 5 solid guys making reasonable salaries than 1-2 guys making >10 million per year.
If Tunsil develops in to an elite LT how are they going to pay a top G or Center.
I would prefer spending a 2nd and 3rd on Oline and drafting an impact player at 11 (Pass rusher, DB or QB)

The line isn't as bad as people are making it out to be, certainly not to the point of investing an entire draft into it.

And before the tired "you want our QB to get killed" line, we had the 11th best pass blocking despite a statue QB.

Fix the defense.

Investing in the line would be my #1 priority. Great place to lock up big money. Great line will make all the other positions better.

I think they may add a moderately priced left guard in free agency if they cut Larsen. Which I’m not sure they are gonna do given how cheap he is

Maybe they resign Ja’Wuan James to a cap friendly number. That’s about as far as I think it’s gonna go

Then they rely on scheme in the run game and qb execution to drive the offense and limit pass pro exposure with play calling

All of which I find reasonable

I think they will draft a QB in the top two rounds.

I would not be too excited if they went another season completely banking on a QB that has now been out two seasons with knee issues.

Gase needs to step up and draft HIS qb, then I'd l;ove to see him wrestle t-bomb out of that office and take control of the franchise.

Back
Top Bottom