How Will Opposing Teams Defend The Offense Now? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Will Opposing Teams Defend The Offense Now?

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is a pretty stupid question becsuse we cant even get out of our own way on offense but I'm serious. Teams have been stacking the box to stop Ajayi and just daring us to pass downfield. Well now we have no RB's, Williams, and Drake will scare Nobody. I mean smart money says teams just keep doing what they were doing since it worked and we couldn't pass on that style of defense anyway, but with virtually no threat on the ground does anyone thing we see teams play it a little bit safer to avoid the miracle of an accurate throw downfield to one of our speedy wr's?

I think they'll bring in more db's to completely take away the pass as Williams and Drake would probably still struggle to run against nickel or dime defenses.

Whatever they do could it really stifle this offense any more?

I really think not...

This is a pretty stupid question becsuse we cant even get out of our own way on offense but I'm serious. Teams have been stacking the box to stop Ajayi and just daring us to pass downfield. Well now we have no RB's, Williams, and Drake will scare Nobody. I mean smart money says teams just keep doing what they were doing since it worked and we couldn't pass on that style of defense anyway, but with virtually no threat on the ground does anyone thing we see teams play it a little bit safer to avoid the miracle of an accurate throw downfield to one of our speedy wr's?

Same thing, if they change the gameplan against us, they are doing it wrong.

T
The reason defenses did that was because Jay was a horrible pass blocker and catcher. His only offensive skill was running the ball, so when he was in the game it was a pretty clear indication of what we were doing. Heck I was yelling out our plays from my couch half the time. This should make us tougher to defend just because defense should have a tougher time knowing what we are doing pre snap.

Its not like we ran the ball well this year anyway and the passing O can only get better
Even on Jays first run last week he danced it outside. I have noticed him do a lot more east to west running this year. Last year he just hit the hole straight on, this year he is tip toeing across the line for some dumb reason and holes have been there still.

Hmmm... I live near Philly, and the local paper is praising this move because the Eagles had a need for a RB who was good at blocking.
Then Jay is not your man lol, he is just bad at it. Even lost his 3rd down snaps to Williams lately due to struggling so much at it. He can be an effective runner if he goes north and south but he has been dancing a lot this year and I dont know why. The guy simply isn't a complete running back and in this league defenses can figure you out very fast if you aren't.

Hmmm... I live near Philly, and the local paper is praising this move because the Eagles had a need for a RB who was good at blocking.

the Philly GM was also talking about his ability as a pass catcher yesterday...

Last edited:
Its not like we ran the ball well this year anyway and the passing O can only get better

Exactly!

Why are people acting like we just traded away Dan Marino. Ajayi was quality but he only had 3 unreal games in his career and his 3.3ypc this season wasn't scaring anyone. To me he looked very slow. He was great at yac but it was like it took him forever to get going. This wasn't prime barry sanders or emmit smith, and calling him our best offensive player isn't any real compliment. I could be our best offensive player in this current O.

No matter how good he is though we can't have a guy bitching like a 4 year old and poisoning the locker room.... ESPECIALLY after a win. Professionals say "all that matters is that we as a team won"

Reactions: MD
Teams will defend us now by putting just 8 defenders on the field. No down lineman as our backs won't even be able to avoid tripping over their own feet as they take the hand off. No running threat all. Just play 8 guys back and make Cutler beat you - he can't. Teams essentially get to give their d-line a bye when they play us.

Gase will change his game plan to include players that want to play to win...the pressure to appease a prima donna is gone and the focus will be on relying on players he can trust to do their best to execute the play called...like it was drawn up...like they practiced it...trust the system
the defensive team will at first defend as they have been but when our offense actually executes a game plan then they will have to adjust....it's not rocket science guys..players have to execute the plays called at a high level before anything matters on the field...do your damn job

He will likely do well and probably better as pass receiver in Eagles offense and Wentz

Back
Top Bottom