How would wake do at this years combine | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How would wake do at this years combine

pumpdogs

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I was bored yesterday and started watching the combine.Cameron wake runs a 4.55 and has a sick vertical.How high in the draft do you think he would go if he did this at the 2009 combine.I personally think he might be a #1 pick.I am also a guy that thinks the combine is stupid and a waste of time.Why the players run in shorts is beyond stupid in my book.

The combine is only a small portion of the decision making teams put into selecting a player. It shows there athletic ability and answers some questions on a players size. It also gives teams the opertunity to talk to these kids and get a grasp on their smarts.

it happens all the time where a player is listed 6'3" but at the combine only comes in at 6'3"

So it's not a waste of time.

while i agree with mucus, in that the combine is not a waste of time, i do not understand his example of the 6'3 guy.. i guess mean he's listed 6'3 and is measured at 6'1" 7/8... cuz i've noticed that alot too..

the combine is great, it helps you profile the athletes to narrow down tidbits of info on a player.. This hurts and helps many players across the league..

I like the combine because small school guys have a chance to rise on the boards, and big10 and big12 guys fall.. It's great..
i dunno your beef with the short shorts..
it's hilarious to see gangsta lookin dudes in those womens shorts..

However, you can see the size of a running backs legs, which is extremely important..

It's important...

and on wake, i read somewhere some NFL exec said Wake is like an extra Day 1 draft pick.. Which equates to a 1-2nd rounder..

If he was drafted, now.. he'd be very old and his stock would drop alot..
Quan Crosby was solid, but he's like 28 so his stock is very low..

Talent wise he's looks like a 1st rounder.. but he'd realistically be a 2nd-3rd round pick..
I'd still prefer guys like Everett Brown, Orakpo, English and micheal johnson... so i dunno...

I'm sure glad we didn't draft him, if he hit's like Davone Bess, then I'll love the front office.. Cuz last years UFA were great...

Back
Top Bottom