How would you feel on the first day of FA and wallace is on a plane to MIA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How would you feel on the first day of FA and wallace is on a plane to MIA

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
First day of free agency and its breaking news. Mike Wallace is on a plane flying to miami to meet with ireland and philbin. How do you feel?

well this is the weekend where things like that come to fruition..agents and teams exchange numbers and get a good feel for whats available to their players...but getting them on the plane means you are in their market the main thing though is once they are there getting them to sign obviously...and that doesn't always happen

bell_ringer_masturbator-1.gif

I don't like this guy for the $12m per he will probably demand. However, if Cleveland and Miami get into a bidding war, Miami dominantly has the upper hand. Miami and Cleveland city-wise are incomparable and in completely different leagues. I could see Wallace accepting $1.5-$2m less just to come here over Cleveland. I have been wrong before, but we'll definitely see what happens. This man will likely not last a week into free agency.

First day of free agency and its breaking news. Mike Wallace is on a plane flying to miami to meet with ireland and philbin. How do you feel?

No reason to get too excited until a deal is done.. See Eric Winston or even QB Alex Smith....

LOL Cleveland would hate us if we got Wallace over them. It's the Decision all over again!

I would be hoping they don't over pay him. Thats what I would be thinking.

The same as I do now. In fact I would be suprised if he wasn't on a plane to Miami sometime during the first week of FA. All that means is he is coming to discuss business, think of how many players/coaches that have visited Miami and left without a deal getting done.

I'll be excited when the breaking news is "Mike Wallace and the Miami Dolphins have come to terms on a blah blah blah deal worth blah blah blah dollars"

I would have 3 of miami's finest show Wallace what he can have. Offer him $10M per season and tell him he can keep the girls for motivation.

It's not my money so I could careless about the contract.

My first thought would be "**** yeah Ginger man!"

My second thought would be "it's a shame I can't buy his jersey. ****ing Mike Dee".

And lastly " please don't pick #19"

It would feel like we're desperate to fill that need because we don't want to take the chance of doing so in the draft. To have that need filled gives the FO a ton of flexibility with those 5 early picks, imo, have the new regime really make their mark on the whole roster. We're in a precarious position with a young QB who has no one to stretch the field. But Wallace's recent production does not warrant 12mill/year. I understand the thinking (that we kinda feel like we have to reach), but I wouldn't be crazy about paying him that.

I'd be all about it. I'd be extra pissed if he left without a contract and signed with the mother****ing Browns.

I would be very happy and feel Ireland is finally opening his wallet and hopefully this will be the start of a great offseason.

When the signings start I will get exited. Until then, no big deal.

Back
Top Bottom