How would you go about picking the next GM? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How would you go about picking the next GM?

Travis34

chea
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
One of the questions I would ask them is their plan for this upcoming offseason. See what Ross, his committee, the coaches, etc think about it. Obviously only one thing but it would be nice to know what they somewhat are thinking for FA and the draft

First off hire a new Owner. LOL

I'm looking for a guy who gets good talent in place first. Someone mentioned before the Ozzy Newsome quote "When you draft best player available all you end up with is a team full of good football players", or some iteration. Good players make coaches smarter.

They should follow what the Carolina Panthers did. They hired Ernie Accorsi to oversee everything from an outsiders perspective. It seemed to work out well for them

Philbin is the man with the plan, and everything is in his service. The new GM will be just that. How do you go about it? You ask Philbin an advice on every prospective hire, and you hire one of the ones Philbin approved.

Philbin is the man with the plan, and everything is in his service. The new GM will be just that. How do you go about it? You ask Philbin an advice on every prospective hire, and you hire one of the ones Philbin approved.

trollunderthebridge83968375920-1.jpeg

They need to find someone who can read and relate to people and who can mesh personalities and talent to the team already assembled. Ireland could spot raw talent but had no idea how to build a team. That is why so many of his picks went elsewhere to be successful as their personality and skills never fit here in the first place. Ireland understood the talent but not the fit.

I believe that he is very responsible for the "toxic" environment between players among the coaches, management, etc. because they were misplaced and Ireland's screwed up personality and lack of discretion set the dumpster afire.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom