How would you react if Jeff Ireland were fired? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How would you react if Jeff Ireland were fired?

Trollin'
tumblr_lwocspEH6b1qlcfe7-1.jpg

Only thing that would make me happier is Omar Kelly getting axed.

One man being fired is only as good as the next man getting his job.

That's the problem with this fan base.

They identify one man as the sole reason of an entire organization's problems rather than actually finding the real problems with this organization.

I'm not saying Jeff Ireland is innocent, but if we fired him today all we're concerned with around here is acting like it's Mardi Gras in our living rooms.

Who replaces Ireland? Because if Ireland is the genesis of all problems, then we must know that we're going to have to find ONE man who can step in and correct all of those problems, correct?

They identify one man as the sole reason of an entire organization's problems rather than actually finding the real problems with this organization.

I'm not saying Jeff Ireland is innocent, but if we fired him today all we're concerned with around here is acting like it's Mardi Gras in our living rooms.

Who replaces Ireland? Because if Ireland is the genesis of all problems, then we must know that we're going to have to find ONE man who can step in and correct all of those problems, correct?

My thoughts exactly, hence the reason for my "meh" response.

Ok, I agree that Ireland is not the only person responsible for the problems we've had for the last 20 years. We've drafted bad now for a long time. Even Shula had some horrible drafts back in the 80's. I get that. But are you saying that because it's not all his fault we should keep him? I totaly agree that the next guy that comes along(and there will be a next guy at some point)may not do any better. We actually don't know how good or bad the new guy might do but we do know that Ireland has done a poor job at assembling talent. His philosophy has not worked so why not try someone else? Like I said, the new guy might not do better but then again he might do better. With Ireland, his track recorf tell us he won't do any better than what he's done now which is 4 losing seasons in a row.

p.s. I'm not trying to fight your point of view but I just want to know what your reasoning is to want to keep him, other than not everything is his fault?

Ozzy rules!!

I would cancle my tryout for right tackle. I dont think I could BS just anyone.

As Nubs pointed out, Ireland's departure is only half of the equation. I certainly wouldn't rejoice without knowing who will be replacing him. To me it's like the jest breathing a sigh of relief getting rid of Pete Carroll onlly to end up with Rich Kotite. Parenthetically, I'd prefer Ireland to Carl Peterson so there's that too.

My buttom line is that IMO Joe Philbin is a keeper and now that he's obviously influencing Ireland's draft decisions, I'd much prefer to retain Ireland than replace him with someone who'd bring in his own HC if that was the choice.

The only way I won't celebrate like the team just won the Super Bowl is if they replace him with someone who has already sucked elsewhere. Otherwise, it's a new beginning, and that's all we can really ask for.

Back
Top Bottom