How you guys feeling about the Wes Welker Trade now? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How you guys feeling about the Wes Welker Trade now?

I GOT GAME

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You guys ripped me in the beginning of the year when I posted (How do we get rid of this guy Wes Welker) I wonder if you FOOLS still feel the same way and if you do you should be fired like Cam.

We should have a first round pick for this guy.

No, Wes is a great player but his success this year would not have been the same on our team. He fits Brady's #2 option perfect and good for Wes for having a great year.

On the flip side we finally got a solid Olineman for many years to come with Samson's potential to yet be realized. Ronnie had a great pre injury year and part of that is in contribution to the oline playing better on the run than many expected.

It wasn't a bad trade strictly on the fact that the player we drafted has added more value to this team than wes would have been able to, not taking away from him the player just his fit on our team.

Was not a dumb move at all actually. Welker has done great in NE, but was he going to have 100+ catches and make a big impact like he has in NE, NO! They have Tom Brady and We have Trent Green,Cleo Lemon, and John Beck. It is alot easier to get a lot of catches when your the third reciever and the two beside you are Moss and Stallworth. By the way, Satele was our best draft pick. Great center that made our line great and he was ranked 6th on SI best offensive rookies of the year.

I'm still fine with it. And the people that are really still ticked off at the world over it...don't understand football. If you think Welker, on this years 1-15 team, would have been even remotely as productive as he was with the "historically great-undefeated-we have Brady-we have Moss" patriots team....then your borderline crazy.

Welker had 1 TD catch in his time in Miami. Granted he didnt always have the best QBs throwing to him...but he still wasn't overly productive. Nice player, hard-nosed...not much else. If he was with the Dolphins this past year....half the league would still have no idea who he was and his stats would have been half of what they were in NE....and less TD catches.

I was with you being agianst the trade but looking at it now, with or without welker we still were a 1-15 team. Satele was a steal and is going to help miami more than welker will in years to come.

Well then I must be a fool, because I would do that move again, and twice on Sunday. We got a solid guy up front for a slot receiver. He's better with NE than he would be with us.

I was with you being agianst the trade but looking at it now, with or without welker we still were a 1-15 team. Satele was a steal and is going to help miami more than welker will in years to come.
BINGO! You hit the nail on the head. Welker would not have changed what we were last year and that's a horrible football team. Satele will be a pro-bowl Center in a short time. So I actually still like the trade just like I did then. Beside, not that he's any Wes Welker, but our new 83, Greg Camarillo showed a few flashes of talent this season and I think might be ready to break out as a new possession receiver.

You guys ripped me in the beginning of the year when I posted (How do we get rid of this guy Wes Welker) I wonder if you FOOLS still feel the same way and if you do you should be fired like Cam.

Who cares. this like crying over spilled milk. Let's concentrate on what's happening now. Not something we have no control over last year. I think everyone here loved Wes Myself included, but he's gone:beer1:

Wes is the BEST slot receiver in the game. He only 26 years old and had 112 receptions this year. In THREE years with Miami he had 96

its not about that we got satele for welker which makes it ok, its about pure evaluation of a football player and whether he's right for your team or not, at the moment of evaluation RamCam thought that wes welker was not worth a payday.hmmmmmm, a tough young talented clutch slot receiver [best in the game] who can change a game with his skills is not worth keeping on a pathetic football team.

Whatever, it was a DUMB MOVE NOT TO SIGN WES, and the arguement that some have that he would'nt of been as productive because we were'nt a great team like the patriots and did'nt have brady and moss is illogical.

You don't get rid of young, tough, clutch, best at their position football players because you don't have any other good football players to surround him with .

Well, this "FOOL" actually does feel the same way. I wonder if you realize that "Dolphins Wes" would have in no way, shape, or form resembled "Patriots Wes" ... more accurate QB=more receptions.

I'll take another cog in a more effective O-line over a slot WR/return guy anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Just because you are smug, does not make you correct.

IMO ... silly thread ... 1 star.

Wes is the BEST slot receiver in the game. He only 26 years old and had 112 receptions this year. In THREE years with Miami he had 96

Which is exactly the point. He had 112 with New England. Of course he's going to be better in New England than here. He would have never put up that kind of production in Miami, ever.

Back
Top Bottom