How you guys feeling about the Wes Welker Trade now? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How you guys feeling about the Wes Welker Trade now?

its not about that we got satele for welker which makes it ok, its about pure evaluation of a football player and whether he's right for your team or not, at the moment of evaluation RamCam thought that wes welker was not worth a payday.hmmmmmm, a tough young talented clutch slot receiver [best in the game] who can change a game with his skills is not worth keeping on a pathetic football team.

Whatever, it was a DUMB MOVE NOT TO SIGN WES, and the arguement that some have that he would'nt of been as productive because we were'nt a great team like the patriots and did'nt have brady and moss is illogical.

You don't get rid of young, tough, clutch, best at their position football players because you don't have any other good football players to surround him with .

...sigh...

We did NOT release the guy. We traded him for draft picks to improve the team for the future. Now, did Wes have value to the Dolphins? Of course he did! However, I believe that a solid center is much more important than a solid slot WR

Any player would be better with New England than US

Then why would any of us hate the trade we did? Wes Welker would never be a pro-bowl player for us, while we got a player that many people feel is a pro-bowl caliber lineman? Also, consider the fact that offensive line was our biggest problem going into that offseason I feel it was a very good trade.

Do we have randy moss to take safety's over the top with him? no.Do we have arguably the BEST QB EVER?no. Welker would have been lucky to sniff 70 receptions here.We got a future pro-bowl center in satle, i'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Put him on this Parcells team He WOULD HAVE NEVER TRADED THIS GUY.

How do you know? We're never going to throw as much as the Patriots, so even if we had a decent offense you can cut Welker's production in about half. You even said yourself in 3 seasons he had 96 receptions and we got a 2nd round pick for it.

It was a good trade for both teams. We got a great lineman and they got an average slot reciever who looks great because the players around him. I was sad to see Wes go but it was for the best.

Do we have randy moss to take safety's over the top with him? no.Do we have arguably the BEST QB EVER?no. Welker would have been lucky to sniff 70 receptions here.We got a future pro-bowl center in satle, i'd do it again in a heartbeat.

When we traded Wes we had no idea who we were going to get! How do you feel about are first round pick.

IT WAS A GREAT MOVE. We got a frnachise center for a player who 100% would not have more than 70 reception this year.

I dont know how hard it is to understand that New England Wes =/= (or come anywhere close) to Miami Wes...

When we traded Wes we had no idea who we were going to get! How do you feel about are first round pick.

Our first round pick has nothing to do with what we got for Welker. Not knowing who we were going to get has nothing to do with the fact we got a 2nd round draft pick for a very average receiver for us.

I'm still fine with it. And the people that are really still ticked off at the world over it...don't understand football. If you think Welker, on this years 1-15 team, would have been even remotely as productive as he was with the "historically great-undefeated-we have Brady-we have Moss" patriots team....then your borderline crazy.

Welker had 1 TD catch in his time in Miami. Granted he didnt always have the best QBs throwing to him...but he still wasn't overly productive. Nice player, hard-nosed...not much else. If he was with the Dolphins this past year....half the league would still have no idea who he was and his stats would have been half of what they were in NE....and less TD catches.

it truly shows how uninformed and unknowledgable about football some people really are

You know just because the move works out for the other guy too doesn't mean you got screwed. Satele is going to be really good for a really long time for us. For this team Satele represents a better long term investment than Welker.

Also we didn't have a choice. There was a poison pill in the contract Wes had signed. We couldn't match New England's offer.

You should probably avoid calling people fool's when the majority disagrees with you...usually the one who looks foolish is yourself.

Two draft picks for Wes instead of his cap hit if we matched the NE offer...yes any day of the week.

S. Satele (2nd) and A. Wright (7th) for Wes and his contract terms and cap hit. Slam dunk no brainer, solid trade for Miami.

We used the RFA rules and tender offer to our advantage. If he resigned with us, great, if a counter came along like NE, and we were able to turn it into a trade netting us a 2nd and 7th rounder, kudos to the Dolphins FO for this one.

WE DIDN'T Trade Welker, he was a restricted Free agent, the patriots could have made the contract impossible for us to match by making the contract gaureteed if he play 4 games in Miami. Kraft and Huizinga talked and the Pats threw in a 7th i think to avoid the bad blood with the poison pill in the contract

Wes is a great guy who plays hard... no question there. Value wise it was a smart trade without question. Can you name another slot receiver in recent history who got better trade value? Heck, they only got one 2nd rounder for Chambers. Wes got a 2nd and 7th.

Besides, if Wes would have played this last year with the Fins, I can guarantee you that he would not have been as productive as he was in 2006 and would not have gotten anywhere near that value in trade again.

Also, take into account all the failed QB's the Fins traded 2nd round picks for the past few years... Satele is worth more to this team right now than all of those failed QB's AND Welker put together. You cannot build or anchor a team around a slot receiver, but you can around a good OL.

Back
Top Bottom