How you guys feeling about the Wes Welker Trade now? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How you guys feeling about the Wes Welker Trade now?

Living in revisionist history is pointless.. If we're going to do that, we should ***** that the Dolphins took Josh Heupel instead of Brady and John Avery instead of Moss.

Would I do the Wes Welker move again? Absolutely.. In a heartbeat.

Welker's stats would have been awful if he remained a Dolphin. I'm sure it's been said 10 times in this thread already, but his stats are the product of the Patriot's system. Any average receiver in that position would have posted his numbers. He's always wide open because of Moss.

I'm a peaceful man! :unsure: At least until probation ends. What's new?

Well you know stayed well liquored up during this god awful season . Now I'm glad the site is back up. Thats about it.

Hoping for a 360 from the Fins. Can Bill be a miracle worker? Sure as hell hope so!

And You?

Welker's stats would have been awful if he remained a Dolphin. I'm sure it's been said 10 times in this thread already, but his stats are the product of the Patriot's system. Any average receiver in that position would have posted his numbers. He's always wide open because of Moss.

Not to mention that the Pats threw 75% of the time this year. You want to see some staggering stats, go see how FEW rushes they have had..:up:

Well you know stayed well liquored up during this god awful season . Now I'm glad the site is back up. Thats about it.

Hoping for a 360 from the Fins. Can Bill be a miracle worker? Sure as hell hope so!

And You?
He's always left the house in better order than he found it. At this point, sad to say, .500 would qualify for a miracle. I'd be happy with 4-5 wins, as long as the losses were instances of us being outplayed, not because we gave up, or penalized ourselves to death, or our coach mismanaged the game, or.....you get my point.

You guys ripped me in the beginning of the year when I posted (How do we get rid of this guy Wes Welker) I wonder if you FOOLS still feel the same way and if you do you should be fired like Cam.

We should have a first round pick for this guy.

While getting rid of him was not a terrible idea:

PRATICALLY GIVING HIM AWAY TO A DIVISION RIVAL WAS !

Look i can see the trade potential but he's become inturmental to the Patsies be 2 games away from gion undefeated. And you'd better beleive, if they pull it off the '72 Phins will be deleted from the history books by the 4-letter network. Remeber, if the 4-letter network didn't see it, it didn't really happen. They're going to have to change their call letters to BESPN for Belicheck - Brady. That's what kind of a slurp-fest we'll be in for.

see thats muellers way of thinking which cost us a first rounder...just cause a player is a free agent off the street doesn't mean his value doesn't go up when he proves his worth and welker did that and more but ran/cam saw it differently. and satelle was a gamble...you gamble when you already have a good player? not the way i play poker.

EVERY draft pick is a gamble. Ask Ryan Leaf! The only way to build a team is is to bring in young players. The fact that Satele has (so far) turned out to be a good pick actually says something good for RM and Cam

It certainly helps when you have one of the best quarterbacks that has ever played the game throwing to you, it also helps when that quarterback throws it 578 times (586 team passing attempts). Having the 2 fastest wide wide receivers in the NFL also helps, considering Welker caught most of the underneath passes. Wes Welker matched up against a LB in a spread offense, I wonder who's going to win that matchup.

Welker is a great, great player - but keep in mind guys, we got a 2nd and a 7th for him.
Thats a good yield for a guy that, lets face it, was gonna leave in a year or two anyways.

We attained a great O-Line center with that pick - perhaps a member that can contribute ten years if we're lucky.

It was a win-win, and If I had to pull the trigger knowing what I know now, I would still do it.

The Pats, with or without Welker, were going to be a powerhouse anyways.

And we aren't going to be contenders for another 2-3 years anyways, by then, hopefully, the Pat's landscape will be slightly different.

Wes is the BEST slot receiver in the game. He only 26 years old and had 112 receptions this year. In THREE years with Miami he had 96

He didn't really play receiver his first year.

Wes is a good slot receiver, but there are some fine ones around the league. It was a great move.

While getting rid of him was not a terrible idea:

PRATICALLY GIVING HIM AWAY TO A DIVISION RIVAL WAS !

Look i can see the trade potential but he's become inturmental to the Patsies be 2 games away from gion undefeated. And you'd better beleive, if they pull it off the '72 Phins will be deleted from the history books by the 4-letter network. Remeber, if the 4-letter network didn't see it, it didn't really happen. They're going to have to change their call letters to BESPN for Belicheck - Brady. That's what kind of a slurp-fest we'll be in for.

Well, I guess the Eagles just gave away Feeley. The Vikings just gave away Culpepper...

Nice to know we didn't give up anything in return for those players.

You guys ripped me in the beginning of the year when I posted (How do we get rid of this guy Wes Welker) I wonder if you FOOLS still feel the same way and if you do you should be fired like Cam.

Why don't ya tell us FOOLS how you really feel. But in answer to your question, I was against it, but N.E. made just compensation. Only time will tell if we used the picks wisely.

Funny. A long time ago, back when we were debating at what level Welker should be tendered, I said the following in response to criticism about Wes' return skills:

Welker is clearly not the return man that Hester is, but then, who is really? He gets the job done, and he contributes outside of the return game. I like his fire, and I'd like to see us keep him. He's the kind of guy you might find on a Pioli/Belichick team.

There are too few guys like that in the league. There is a reason why the Pats are so very successful, and the Dolphins smell like the Big Tuna's morning BM. Rule of thumb in dealing with the Pats: If Pioli and Belichick are willing to deal with us, then it isn't going to be a good deal for the Dolphins. They are smarter, and will get the best of us every time, whether its a trade or signing away our toss-offs in FA. Tuna says this business is about talent acquisition, and the Patriots are the best.

Everyone agrees that Wes would not have had the same level of success with the Dolphins as he did with Brady/Moss/etc. But (1) we sure were better off with him than without him; (2) we have to play the Patsies twice every year -- Welker gave Belichick fits when he was a Dolphin, now he's going to haunt Sparano two times each season; (3) everyone keeps talking about first round tender money being too much for a slot receiver -- if he's the best slot receiver in the league, and our most potent offensive weapon, and our best chance to move the chains on third-and-whatever, you keep him.

The book is closed on Wes now, so this argument is pretty pointless. Let's move on, but hope that Parcells and Ireland are "history buffs" like Sparano claims to be. Learn from this mistake. When you're evaluating a player, even if he doesn't fit whatever "planet theory" qualities you might want, if you find yourself saying "He's the kind of guy you might find on a Pioli/Belichick team" -- for crying out loud, don't let him go!

baaa, nonsense... then the Pats would not have taken him and WE would be paying first round money to a 40 catch 1 td receiver.. then you and all the others would be screaming about paying that " slot receiver" 1st round money.

btw, calling those who disagree with you fools is a personal attack

Back
Top Bottom