Hurricane Irma Only thread | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurricane Irma Only thread

No water. Employees told me they're not told when the trucks come in. Great strategy, Publix. Make people dart around looking for water instead of coordinating with management to get an established time. Very sloppy. Fortunately, I have water already, but I like to be extra prepared just in case.

If you need extra water use your tap, we bought a few 5.gallon paint buckets from home depot and are filling them for emergency water if we run out.of bottles

No water. Employees told me they're not told when the trucks come in. Great strategy, Publix. Make people dart around looking for water instead of coordinating with management to get an established time. Very sloppy. Fortunately, I have water already, but I like to be extra prepared just in case.
What's unfortunate is that they most likely do have a time table. They don't want word to spread to cause a frenzy. Just an assumption -- but Home Depot told me that directly about plywood earlier in the week.

This could be a bad thing happening so early. The eye is collapsing and will regenerate a new eye right when it hits the warmest waters in the Carribbean. This thing could easily rehit a Cat 5 status before FL impact. Hoping it bobbles west and it touches North Cuba as it will disrupt the process and continue to weaken it.

If it stays over water the entire time this thing could rehit those high winds we saw earlier in the week.

Cat 4 still a disaster for sure but welcome over a 5.

Some dry air got into the core and went all the way up. Just a matter of whether or not she strengthens, which I'd probably bet on. But there's some hope for major weakening, albeit improbable.

There's a big Western shift in the latest models. Strange how off all the runs are. Two have this now making a WC landfall in Florida, and two right up the gut behind a shockingly healthy Mike Pouncey.

This one is gonna be a close call on so many levels. Close call on how far West she goes, close call on when/how far East she turns, and close call on how much she weakens before running into that jet fuel right under us.

God bless you all. Get all those last minute preps done.... help your neighbors.... Have your dream dinner tonight.... Take a long ass shower.... smoke something, drink something.... Turn your AC all the way down and enjoy.... Spend quality time with friends/family. Today is the day to enjoy our lives, fellas. Let's be thankful for all we've got, hold onto it, and do all we can do to stay safe.

Have some faith. No matter how bad it is we will rebound from this.

There is no strategy, I've never heard of Publix so I don't know if they have there own trucks. If they do I wouldn't be surprised if they are just using about any trucking company they can at the moment. And I can tell you being a truck driver I don't take calls when I'm driving. And a lot of drivers don't take phone calls anymore. Because if you get caught by you're company they will fire you. If you get caught by dot or a cop its a 5,000'dallor fine
to you and a 10,000 fine to the company.

One of the biggest problems, which I'm not sure I've heard being addressed, is that if this hurricane goes north through the center of the state, how long will it be until help gets to South Florida. You have to think that this storm is going to cause severe damage across its path, possibly/probably to parts of the highways, so it could be a week or so before you guys are seeing help arrive. I'm sure they can fly supplies in, but if the stores are out of the necessities now, I doubt they will be refilled any time soon. I would make sure you have enough water and other essentials for a full week.

Am I the only person wanting everyone to prepare and relax. I'm here in Pembroke Pines and just ready for this MF'er to come. Not my first rodeo and won't be my last.

Headed to the Publix on Sunrise & University in Plantation now to get more water. I'll report what I find. Amazing that I had a gravity filter for years and never got to use it in a situation like this. I threw it out earlier this year because of rust, and of course that's when the hurricane comes. That ProPur filter was excellent.
I make all my water with the Pur faucet filter (occasionally Costco runs a great deal on a 6pack of cartridges). Water tastes great and its easy on your wallet.

If you can't find bottled water, freeze tap water in sandwich bags. When you drink the bottled water you have keep the empty bottles and fill them from the bags as they melt. If you don't have bottles to fill with melting ice just use cups, bowls, etc....

Back
Top Bottom