Hurricane Irma Only thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phins_4_ever, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Tiger

Tiger Well-Known Member

It's already passed Miami.

2. Miamifinz

Miamifinz Philbin is an idiot Donator

Transformer definitely just blew. In it for the long haul. Power starting to steadily go out for my local buds.

Bumpus likes this.
  3. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

Why wait? I've been drinking all day with y'all.

Please tell me I haven't been drinking all by myself ... Again. :laugh

Kdawg954 likes this.
  4. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Wort-wort-wort!!! Administrator Finheaven VIP

Bumpus likes this.
  5. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Pefect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Oakland Park the worst is definitely gone. We are down to the ocassional tropical storm gusts with rain . . . Which beats the hell out of 5 straight hours high tropical storm to category 1 sustained winds. Debris everywhere from tree branches to roof shingles . . . Flooding held pretty much in check where i am at.

Middle River is sort of close to Victoria Park and that is where my dad is. He survived but his stair railing blew away and a tree is in front of his path to walk down.

We both lost power. Invited him to come by me pre storm but he was certain,it wouldn't be a big deal after the west jog . . . He was wrong.

We both living so that is most important.

Fin Fan in Cali, Tiger and Bumpus like this.
  6. flynryan15

flynryan15 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

7. TheJetsBlow

TheJetsBlow A True Fan

8. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

In case i forget after its over: props to BayNews9 in Tampa. They've been pushing through this coverage. Their meteorologists are visible worn down, the guy on there now is occasionally slipping into fatigued induced rambling. But hes soldiering on.

9. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

I'm in West Palm Beach. It's still windy and rainy, but it won't get any worse than this so it's essentially over since I'm ready for bed. I haven't seen any damage. There's just a lot of branches and leaves in the street. We never lost our power. We definitely lucked out here.

I hope everyone else is ok.

Kdawg954 and Phinatic8u like this.
  10. circumstances

circumstances Starter

I drove to my parents house (Plantation to Tamarac) to check on them, just before sunset. It was a hairy trip. Trees blocking roads, water you can't tell how deep, I had to spend a bunch of the trip using the oncoming lanes. Saw a couple of sheriff's cruisers, but they didn't stop me for breaking curfew.

Kdawg954 likes this.
  11. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

So far, we haven't lost power in my part of St Pete. Winds in the low 80s for a few hours, 70s for the next few.

Kdawg954 likes this.
  12. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater Optimist Homer Finheaven VIP

Some trifling people in this world. I just know there are 20x more of you down there that are/will be helping each other every chance possible in the coming days.

Im glad the worst case scenario did not go down for you all down there. Good luck to all in the coming days cleaning up, waiting for power to come on, and helping each other out. We lost power for 3+ days up here last year in Matthew. The age of cell phones certainly helps!!

13. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

Somehow I didn't lose power in Doral. Also kept my satellite signal so was able to watch most of the games. I got lucky.

Kdawg954 and TheJetsBlow like this.
  14. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

Pray for us guys. She's now supposed to go just to our left which means we're going to be in the worst spot. We're just east(a few miles only)of Disney World and just south of Orlando

Ozzy rules!!

fishfanmiami, Kdawg954 and Vaark like this.
  15. Coolguy3

Coolguy3 Starter Finheaven VIP

Gettin nasty here in Orlando. About to get the worst of it for us in a couple hours. Transformers blowing up left and right.

fishfanmiami and Kdawg954 like this.
  16. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Lost power in Sanford a few hours ago. Wind is really moving outside. A decent amount of the privacy fence gave up. Hope pieces are close because it's an easy fix. Nut and berry trees outside have taken about all the abuse they can. We're not in a flood plain and water is already an issue. Not good.

Gf is a wreck so will be drinking until she finally runs out of steam and falls asleep. Not even close to sober.

Hope everyone is safe and prepared out there tonight.

17. ohall

ohall A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

At 8:45 PM SUNDAY I was about to hit enter to send a post that read power still on in Clermont when the power went out. The eye is going to pass over my house about 5 miles from the so called eye at 2:20 AM EST. That's what I've been able To gather with my 3G connection from live streams from YouTube. I still can't believe this f'd storm is heading towards CFL. Catch you all later hope everyone is safe and sound. Nothing major has happened to me and family besides not having power and the internets.

Phins up!!!

My wife made me type that, I never say that or type that.

18. Miamifinz

Miamifinz Philbin is an idiot Donator

Still chilling in the dark with the dogs. Have some music on to drown out the insanely loud noise the wind is making outside. Lots of creaking but there's no real damage here. This is about at close as the eyewall will get to my area. Time to prepare for the home stretch and maybe even sleep tomorrow.

fishfanmiami, Bumpus and Kdawg954 like this.
  19. Ren

Ren Rookie

My sister is in Tampa. She said a neighbor posted on Facebook that another neighbor was being robbed. They called 911, but police won't come out because of the weather.

My parents are just north of Tampa in Brooksville and they had a tree fall on their roof. They don't know how bad it is yet, but so far no leaks.

fishfanmiami, Bumpus and Kdawg954 like this.
  20. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

That is incredibly sad

21. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

We did ok. I thought the storm surge was going to flood some homes on the river, but the water stopped rising and even receded a little. Winds got strong at one point, but I don't see much structural damage around. Everyone around here is without power though

fishfanmiami, Tiger and uk_dolfan like this.
  22. GEORGIA FIN

GEORGIA FIN FIN FOR LIFE

Hope all in FL are ok, looks like its our turn today. Not near what you all experienced, but we will get the strong side storms and possible tornados today. Nothing we don't get every summer here with severe thunderstorms, but everyone hit the gestations, ATMs and grocery stores like its the end of the world.

23. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

That monster was so huge that I just got caught in a monsoon-like squall when outside here in North Broward checking for damage. Gonna take me awhile to decompress from this nerve-racking past week, and will keep all the preparations up and batteries in until November. Hope everyone made it through - or will make what remains of it through safely.

24. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

Jeff darlington posted this. Its actually very pretty

Vaark and j-off-her-doll like this.
  25. Beach Bum 91

Beach Bum 91 Water Boy

I know there are still a lot of our FH friends without power, etc. Hope all is well with everyone. I can't speak for everyone in St. Cloud, but we have the usual tree debris, etc., but otherwise thankful to come out like we did. I know there are some that have a lot worse. Even when Irma was weakened the wind gusts were high and frequent. I feel very fortunate that she didn't come up either coast like predicted at one time or the other and stay a 4 or 5. Massive, massive storm!

Sons Of Shula likes this.
  26. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

Good Morning Finheaven. Just wanted to see how everyone is doing. I know most of you had a tough week and an even tougher weekend once the storm hit. I'm glad to see that it's finally over. I hope, all of you are OK? I'll be checking throughout the day to see who's been posting as a way to know who's ok. Good Luck my fellow Finheaven buddies!!!

Sons Of Shula, Agua and Beach Bum 91 like this.
  27. Ren

Ren Rookie

Luckily, the tree was further from the house.

Attached Files:

where's th'fish likes this.
  28. GEORGIA FIN

GEORGIA FIN FIN FOR LIFE

Damn, that sucks. Glad you see it from the positive as it could have been much worse. Hope your repairs go quickly and life gets back to normal.

29. where's th'fish

where's th'fish Scout Team Donator

Missed you by a few feet! Hugh sigh of relief there. So many things can go wrong in a storm like this, no matter how well prepared you are you just can't tell

Beach Bum 91 likes this.
  30. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Hurricane Jose’s unusual loop points to U.S., but too soon to tell where it will go
    September 11, 2017 weather.
    Facebook Twitter Share 1

Hurricane Jose, a 105-mph Category 2 storm, is idling in the Atlantic, but is forecast to do an unusual loop before pointing toward the U.S. coastline.

Jose trailed Irma last week through the tropics, and as of the 5 a.m. advisory from the National Hurricane Center, was heading north-northwest at 10 mph. It is about 255 miles northeast of Grand Turk Island.

It is too early to say if Jose will be a threat to the U.S. It is expected to linger over the western Atlantic for several days before making a turn taking it west.

“The expectation is that Jose will complete a small
    clockwise loop over the open waters of the western Atlantic the next
    couple of days,” forecasters wrote. “Despite the complex forecast track, this general solution is shared by all the reliable model guidance.”

Sons Of Shula likes this.
  31. ohall

Entire family is safe and sound. The house and neighborhood made it out with minor damage. Power is out but a few of my family members near by have power and water. We feel very fortunate to be able to take a shower and cool off when we can. Again I hope everyone is well.

32. Tiger

Tiger Well-Known Member

Most publix locations are open and cranking out subs and fried chicken today. The lines are long but it's nice to eat some real food after being locked down for a couple days.

Phinatic8u likes this.
  33. FSU Truth

FSU Truth The North Remembers Finheaven VIP

I lost power about 11 am yesterday got it back about an hour ago. Realized I'm such a punk as I can't deal without AC. I got pretty lucky, no damage other then a tree that fell which will be a new firewood pile.

I did spend most of the night outside on my patio watching the wind blow and the force was still pretty incredible.

I hope everyone is safe.

34. Beach Bum 91

Beach Bum 91 Water Boy

LOL! Me too, and about 99% of those of us around here.

35. Dbest

Dbest Well-Known Member

Took the eywall head on here in labelle, fl. But all is good ,lots of trees down.

36. Albert Romano

Albert Romano Super Donator Super Donator Finheaven VIP

No power, no sleep. Cooked tons of food on the grill though.

I saw where FPl said it would be like a week or so for East fla but for West they needed to do a whole rebuild of the system and it would take like months. Thats almost unlivable for that long.

37. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

An update. We're fine. The eye came just to the left of us but all we lost was about 6 shingles. We lost power about 1:45am and we just got our power back

Ozzy rules!!

38. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E12 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

Ohhhhhh. There will be a major rage post coming up in the PoFo in a few days.

Hope everybody is safe.

39. FinFrenzy

FinFrenzy Never Lose Faith in the Fins Finheaven VIP Donator

Close but I'm further down on 54 in trinity

FinaticalFinfan likes this.
  40. ohall

Duke energy just got power back to my neighborhood. It was like Christmas in September. Now the long wait for internet to return. :)

Again I hope everyone is safe and life returns to normal as soon as possible.