Hurricane Irma Only thread | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurricane Irma Only thread

Isn't the northeast side of the eye confirmed the highest wind speeds? **** me. There no good way this can turn aside from riding the EC and staying mostly offshore which now seems extremely unlikely.

We get slammed in every which way possible.
From a hurricane perspective the NE and SE quadrants are the worst. If you take Irma right now the top part is the worst because that is the hurricane's NE and SE quadrant and when Irma turns it is the right side. The reason why it is the worst is the forward speed. That side of the hurricane winds add the forward speed to the windfield while the other side is minus the forward speed.
It does not make much of a difference with a Harvey because 4mph really is not huge difference but with Irma at maybe 10 to 15 mph it could make a difference.

It's already raining in central Florida. Unrelated to the Hurricane but still could make flooding worse

We looked at the traffic situation etc and in laws said no gas near them .... So staying. It would be helpful if Cuba weakens it some, assuming it gets close enough.

Good choice. This has been a reminder that all my critical documents need to be OCR scanned and uploaded on my cloud, all photos scanned. Everything else can be replaced by insurance. I'm flying out of here next time, but of course that means we'll have another 25 year streak of no major hurricanes lol.

Riding it out here in Davie. Was able to get the first story boarded up but can't get to the second story. Got sandbags for flooding. Everywhere is out of plywood too. It could get really, really ugly.

It is hitting the north side of Cuba for what I can see. Winds at 150 is still very strong but 175 would of course be much worse. Hoping it weakens a little in Cuba before that bitch starts to come this way. If it's a 2 by the time it hits Kissimmee/Orlando I feel better.....a 3 would be bad

Ozzy rules!!

And those who went to Orlando get nailed. Track shifted to the west and Orlando area gets maybe hit by a Cat 4. The news and our givernor ****ed up royally. The NHC discussion is talking about that for days but nooooooo....sent everybody up north right into a hurricane into unapproved buildings. If you still plan on driving north bypass central Florida.
I am so pissed.

And those who went to Orlando get nailed. Track shifted to the west and Orlando area gets maybe hit by a Cat 4. The news and our givernor ****ed up royally. The NHC discussion is talking about that for days but nooooooo....sent everybody up north right into a hurricane into unapproved buildings. If you still plan on driving north bypass central Florida.
I am so pissed.
Yea I knew that Central Florida was always gonna get sone of it. Looks like maybe we get a 2 by the time we get it

If it hits south florida as a 4 then there's no way it's still a 4 by the time it gets up here to Kissimmee/Orlando. A lot depends on how fast it's moving. Charlie was moving at 20 miles per hour and it was a 2 by the time it got up here

Ozzy rules!!

I am so pissed.

My neighbor and his wife booked a hotel through Monday in Pensacola which was out of the cone and in his new car decided to meander up taking 441 and side roads rather than getting caught between exits on highways, no matter how long it took. He was gonna reassess where to go/stay/return at that point.

As he left around 11AM yesterday, I assume he's there by now LOL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom