Hurricane Irma Only thread

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phins_4_ever, Sep 6, 2017.

1. number1fin

number1fin #onephin Donator

2. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E12 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

I have no problem with the employees and line workers of FPL. You would be well advised to ask what I meant instead of assuming.

3. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

What's your contention with FPL?

4. Michael Scott

Michael Scott Well-Known Member

I think fpl has done a fantastic job getting power back up to many people within hours/days considering the large amount of outages, unsafe conditions, widespread debris, etc.

These guys were out on the streets in numbers the second the winds decreased to non-hazardous. In the same area (relatively) I was without power for 2 weeks and 5 days after Wilma, compared to 35 hours after Irma. They've also gotten the work done despite people constantly stopping them to ask for updates (I did it once too).

Nonetheless, I get the frustration. My grandmother doesn't have power and she refuses to leave her home (good for her) although we've all offered. I'm a fit grown man in my 20s and I was ready for a hotel that first night. Me and some other cousins went over there and put her fence and screen over the pool back up.....cleaned up a bit. All she asks is that if she doesn't have power by Sunday, can I please pick her up to come watch the Dolphins game, lol. I've just been taking her cold beer throughout every day. At least she's got a gas grill in the kitchen and a nice outside grill.

Be patient though. Easier said than done, as I've got power myself.....I know. But they're doing a way better job this time around. That's all we can ask for. This will not be another Wilma.

I'm concerned about the street lights as well because it seems like not a single ****ing person is down for the four way stop treatment. Accidents all over the place. Every street on every road.

5. phins_4_ever

Will be part of my PoFo rage. Like I said: no problems with the poor guys and gals who have to clean up that mess.

6. Agua

Agua Fighting the media, one lie at a time

Try 2.5 weeks after Katrina. Going without power sucks.

7. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

3 weeks after Andrew...Less than 24 hours after Irma FP&L ARE GOD'S AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED...Till I get my next bill

John813 and Michael Scott like this.
  8. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

We had some of our local power crews from this region (Atlantic Canada) waiting on standby in Georgia until it was safe to go in. They had power crews from all over the US and apparently Canada ready to go in. I'm impressed. But power outages are common around here, especially in winter with ice storms and stuff and I'm always impressed with power crews putting in long hours and willing to help out other regions/provinces and even other countries.

Michael Scott likes this.
  9. Eesti

Eesti Rookie

I had power all through the storm and into the next day and lost it at 4pm Monday. They said most everyone should be back up by midnight Friday. Luckily the neighborhood bar has power but my liver is taking a beating.

10. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

11. Sofa_King_Drunk

Sofa_King_Drunk town drunk

Power back on tonight, DirecTV working, internet...... my chick didn't kill my cranky ***. Hell yeah, let's roll baby!!!!!

Albert Romano likes this.
  12. Michael Scott

And finally a chance to watch football tonight and Xfinity is down until tomorrow! Awesome. Biggest piece of **** company on the planet.

It's a damn shame we have **** weather in Florida. I loved DirecTV but couldn't deal with no signal every time a cloud appears. Has the signal improved much? This makes me want to switch.....today.

13. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

It's not just the signal. You can also stream games to computers and mobile devices.

14. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

15. russianbear

russianbear A True Fan

Just got power late last night.

Right on time. Time to break out the GlenFiddy 14.

Sons Of Shula likes this.
  16. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

Glad to see you are all back posting, hope all is well? And didn't take too much damage from the storm? But I do have 1 question, if I may ask. Does anyone know the town of Golden Beach, Florida? Is it he neighborhood a good place to live? Just found out my late parents knew someone from there.

17. phins_4_ever

I am switching to Xfinity tomorrow. I have UVerse. Xfinity cannot be as crappy as UVerse. LOL.
    Plus in comparable packages UVerse has slower internet and is overall $100/month more expensive.

18. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Maybe we should consider starting one for "Maria" which will reach hurricane status today, and although far out, is presently on the same track as "Irma."

Regardless of its ultimate direction, prayers go out to the various Islanders already ravaged by Irma as it looks like some of them are in its sight

19. phins_4_ever

If you like Russians it is a good town to live in.

Hollywood Beach, Hallandale Beach, Golden Beach, down to Sunny Isles is lots of Russians, Ukrainians, Latvians etc.
    But you are close to one of the only nude beaches in Florida. :laugh

I was never really that fond of Golden Beach. I guess if you buy a house on the Intracoastal you'd be OK. But I always felt that Golden Beach was a more left behind town on the SE coast. To old for me and now to many East Europeans especially in the surrounding area.

20. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

Thanks Phinz, I was just curious. After I learned of a family acquaintance, I became interested in learning about the area, since I've never heard of it. Thanks for the info, it's sounds like Brighton Beach in Brooklyn NY, which began taking on a huge influx of Russians back in the 80's before we all eventually moved to New Jersey. The Russians run that whole area of Brooklyn now.

21. Michael Scott

Do we start the Maria watch? :poop