Hurricane Irma Only thread | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurricane Irma Only thread

If it hits south florida as a 4 then there's no way it's still a 4 by the time it gets up here to Kissimmee/Orlando. A lot depends on how fast it's moving. Charlie was moving at 20 miles per hour and it was a 2 by the time it got up here

Ozzy rules!!

Charlie wasn't nearly as organized, as large, or as powerful, don't take anything for granted here folks.

Am I the only person wanting everyone to prepare and relax. I'm here in Pembroke Pines and just ready for this MF'er to come. Not my first rodeo and won't be my last.
I'm in Doral and I feel the same way. Not my first rodeo either.

Irma has shown it's strength for many many days now. It has barely been downgraded to a Cat 4 by a mere 5 mph. I would count on it restrengthening once it leaves Cuba and it's entirety is again over warm waters.

If it hits south florida as a 4 then there's no way it's still a 4 by the time it gets up here to Kissimmee/Orlando. A lot depends on how fast it's moving. Charlie was moving at 20 miles per hour and it was a 2 by the time it got up here

Ozzy rules!!
Right now it is expected to be a Cat 4 north of Lake O. Irma is well organized and will move briskly. It may not have the time to completely fall apart. Another notch to the west and a Naples landfall gives Irma another few hours over water.

Never compare hurricanes. Biggest mistake people can make.

Here I was, worrying about Irma and you guys, feeling quite safe, when last night we got hit by an 8.1 richter earthquake in Mexico. That's as strong as the one that destroyed Mexico city in 85. Fortunately, no major damage although aftershocks are expected.

It's been quite the season, huh guys? I know a guy in Houston, I told him, "at least you're not in Miami!".

Keep calm and continue preparing.

Believe me guys, I'm not taking anything for granted. Where it makes landfall will of course go a long way as to how bad we get hit up here. Trust me, I'm concerned about this. My mom in a nursing home near us is probably safer as they have everything they need. We have a new home and don't know what it can take. I'm sure it's going to be scary either way

Ozzy rules!!

Here I was, worrying about Irma and you guys, feeling quite safe, when last night we got hit by an 8.1 richter earthquake in Mexico. That's as strong as the one that destroyed Mexico city in 85. Fortunately, no major damage although aftershocks are expected.

It's been quite the season, huh guys? I know a guy in Houston, I told him, "at least you're not in Miami!".

Keep calm and continue preparing.

West is burning, East is flooding, South is crumbling, North is warming . . .

Someone que up REM.

Guys you can download the Zello App It works like a walkie talkie- for when the cell towers go down. Supposedly. Im not sure it works without wifi but people used it during Harvey.

South Florida looking better, W/SW looking worse. Cuba taking one for the team right now combined with the dry air that snuck in earlier. She has great potential for significant weakening. Hopefully too much damage taken for a full recovery before Florida landfall.

God bless everyone in Irma's path, which is all of us. We're all gonna feel this one way or another, and we're all gonna help each other out and come together stronger then than we've been since Andrew.

FYI guys...Like I said yesterday...I live in south Alabama,...tried to go get some lunch a few minutes ago...but traffic is horrible...campers are setting up in shopping
center parking lots....met some great people from Orlando...
If your coming up thru Alabama...by US 231...well..its basically a parking lot.....long drive times...try 77 or 79..but they are probably the same.
No hotels or motels have any vacancies until past Montgomery,Al...

Back
Top Bottom