Hyde: Ex-Dolphins winning everywhere but here | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde: Ex-Dolphins winning everywhere but here

Riftur

Demon
Reaction score
I have been very confused about this for a very long time. When I clicked on the article (Nick Saban and the truth about ex-Dolphins winning everywhere — but here) I thought there was a theory about why this happens. Unfortunately it is just stating the obvious. Anyone have any clue why no one can be successful here? Coaches, free agents and draft picks it does not matter.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-hyde-ex-dolphins-20180109-story.html

I read this, it made me sick.
The last 2 years were decent drafts-Harris, I hope he finds something this offseason and brings it hard in 2018, McMillian was good choice, Tank will be good,Godchaux. and I have high hopes for Asiata.
2016-Tunsil, X, Drake all good picks.
Not bad for who we have now-Tannenbaum.

I wish I could read it, but Sun Sentinel want me to pay to read their articles.......they must be crazy.

I read this, it made me sick.
The last 2 years were decent drafts-Harris, I hope he finds something this offseason and brings it hard in 2018, McMillian was good choice, Tank will be good,Godchaux. and I have high hopes for Asiata.
2016-Tunsil, X, Drake all good picks.
Not bad for who we have now-Tannenbaum.

I agree, on paper we always seem to look good though. On the field not so much!

I wish I could read it, but Sun Sentinel want me to pay to read their articles.......they must be crazy.
here is a small part of the article

And it’s not so much Ginn, who continues a solid career in its 11th season now. It’s the Muellers. It’s the football lifers.

Look at Monday’s college national championship game. Alabama’s Nick Saban beat Georgia’s Kirby Smart. One former Dolphins head coach beat his Dolphins assistant. Expand that to the NFL this weekend. Tennessee’s Mike Mularkey and Atlanta’s Dan Quinn are still playing. Two more Saban assistants with the Dolphins.

So four of the final 10 head coaches to continue on this football postseason were on the same, failed Dolphins staff in 2006. And the guy leading that staff, the one who failed so miserably he ducked out of town after two years, is now the greatest college coach of them all.

I think Dan Marino cursed us. Die Dan, Laces out. Lol Just kidding.. But seems that way. So many left here, and turned it around elsewhere. Maybe it's just the heat. To hot to play football. Let Ross put a dome on top, and fire up the air conditioning. Never know

I think Dan Marino cursed us. Die Dan, Laces out. Lol Just kidding.. But seems that way. So many left here, and turned it around elsewhere. Maybe it's just the heat. To hot to play football. Let Ross put a dome on top, and fire up the air conditioning. Never know

At this point we need to try anything lol

Remember Dan was in Hell in "Little Nicky" He asked the devil to give him a ring and was denied. But just maybe the devil DID allow a curse on the team.

I admit I am one that desperately wanted Brady Quinn. I actually still believe (well maybe only a little) under the right circumstances he could have been an ok starter, I know i may be the only one. But I never never understood giving up on Ginn for nothing. I am not sure I even remember? Did we cut him or trade him for a bag of balls? He had some big plays for us over the 2 years, just was inconsistent.
I liked Mueller also

Anyone have any clue why no one can be successful here?
At first glance you could look to the stands and formulate an opinion...

miami-dolphins-stadium01.jpg

47B340F600000578-5227465-image-a-5_1514902773173.jpg

But that doesn’t explain why teams like the Bills have sucked for so long though.

Which leads me to another theory, continuity.

Check out the list of head coaches for each team in the AFC East since the turn of the century...

Bills

Wade Phillips, Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey, Dick Jauron, Perry Fewell (interim), Chan Gailey, Doug Marrone, Rex Ryan, Anthony Lynn (interim), Sean McDermott

Jets

Al Groh, Herman Edwards, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan, Todd Bowles

Dolphins

Dave Wannstedt, Jim Bates (interim), Nick Saban, Cam Cameron, Tony Sparano, Todd Bowles (interim), Joe Philbin, Dan Campbell (interim), Adam Gase

Patriots

Bill Belichick

And that right there speaks volumes.

Can’t expect to unseat the Patriots with this much turnover within the division.

A little patience, along with a tiny bit of competence from our coaching staff will go a long way.

Add in a pinch of faith (and passion) from the fan base and you have the beginning ingredients for prolonged success in this league.

So in layman’s terms, trust the process.

Last edited:
I have been very confused about this for a very long time. When I clicked on the article (Nick Saban and the truth about ex-Dolphins winning everywhere — but here) I thought there was a theory about why this happens. Unfortunately it is just stating the obvious. Anyone have any clue why no one can be successful here? Coaches, free agents and draft picks it does not matter.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-hyde-ex-dolphins-20180109-story.html
Made the playoffs last season

giphy.gif

We''ll bounce back this year.

My take on the article is that the fan base and the owner have been too quick to think there is huge problem with the skills of coaches and FO personnel. There is at least one notable exception as every absolute statement has a notable exception.

KC has the loudest stadium in the NFL, this incredible home field advantage......uhhhh you can rule out Geography.

If you believe in superstitions this appears to be an article for you. I'm not clicking.

Nick Saban failed in NFL because he couldn't hand pick his players, when that became obvious to him he quit.

If Mike Mularkey got fired tomorrow he'd be lucky to land an interview with another team.

The Dolphins have gotten two really good QB season's in the last decade, 2008 and 2016 and guess what, they made the playoffs. All that matters is the QB play. The last time we saw our franchise QB he was having the best game of his career.

It's irresponsible to use the 2017 season as a measuring stick for where we are at on the field.

If you want to spend the off season complaining and lamenting how drafting Ted Ginn Jr. is somehow relevant to the team that will take the field in 2018, you need to get yourself checked out.

Go look and see where the Golden State Warriors were 10 years ago.

Or the Seattle Seahawks.

Or the Cleveland Indians.

Or the Houston Astros.

Sports are a cycle, wait your turn.

The most important decision is always the next one, not the last one.

Last edited:
At first glance you could look to the stands and formulate an opinion...

miami-dolphins-stadium01.jpg

47B340F600000578-5227465-image-a-5_1514902773173.jpg

But that doesn’t explain why teams like the Bills have sucked for so long though.

Which leads me to another theory, continuity.

Check out the list of head coaches for each team in the AFC East since the turn of the century...

Bills

Wade Phillips, Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey, **** Jauron, Perry Fewell (interim), Chan Gailey, Doug Marrone, Rex Ryan, Anthony Lynn (interim), Sean McDermott

Jets

Al Groh, Herman Edwards, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan, Todd Bowles

Dolphins

Dave Wannstedt, Jim Bates (interim), Nick Saban, Cam Cameron, Tony Sparano, Todd Bowles (interim), Joe Philbin, Dan Campbell (interim), Adam Gase

Patriots

Bill Belichick

And that right there speaks volumes.

Can’t expect to unseat the Patriots with this much turnover within the division.

A little patience, along with a tiny bit of competence from our coaching staff will go a long way.

Add in a pinch of faith (and passion) from the fan base and you have the beginning ingredients for prolonged success in this league.

So in layman’s terms, trust the process.
So true. Plus, Miami hasn't been able to build the foundation. Look how long the team has struggled to field a competent offensive line.

Maybe it's just the heat. To hot to play football. Let Ross put a dome on top, and fire up the air conditioning. Never know

I started following the Dolphins in 1970
In that decade we had double digit wins in 9 out of the 10 seasons
and 7 playoff seasons... I'm pretty sure it was warm back then

Back
Top Bottom