Hyde: Ex-Dolphins winning everywhere but here | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde: Ex-Dolphins winning everywhere but here

I have been very confused about this for a very long time. When I clicked on the article (Nick Saban and the truth about ex-Dolphins winning everywhere — but here) I thought there was a theory about why this happens. Unfortunately it is just stating the obvious. Anyone have any clue why no one can be successful here? Coaches, free agents and draft picks it does not matter.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-hyde-ex-dolphins-20180109-story.html

Dude. That made me want to start drinking. Please don't do that again.

It’s aboul hitting on draft pick you have to consistently hit on draft picks now more than ever with the price tags in free agency.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-hyde-ex-dolphins-20180109-story.html

Pretty amazing how many ex-Dolphin coaches and front office people are having success this year in both college and the NFL. Didn’t even realize Hickey and Gaine are with Buffalo now...

And Minnesota vs New Orleans is a battle between failed Dolphin GMs.

What is up with our organization that people tend to only find success once they leave?

If Gase fails here I could definitely see him being the next on the list of failures to success stories somewhere else.

And what of all the ones not having success and unemployed?

But at the same time -

Ricky Williams became a star in Miami and even though he was very good in New Orleans, he was wayyy better in Miami.
Kenny Stills has been more productive in Miami even when he had Drew Brees in NO.
Chad Pennington of the Jets also took us to the playoffs and he played very well here.

So basically ex Dolphins winning everywhere, any other teams could say the same thing. Ask Tampa Bay about L. Blount who won 2 superbowls with New England?

Joe Philbin: Fired in Indianapolis as OL Coach with entire coaching staff
Bill Lazor: 7-9 as OC, 31st in rushing & 32nd in total offense
Kevin Coyle: Fired in Cincinnati as DB Coach
Mike Sherman: coaching in Canada after three years coaching high school

Bad ownership and ignorant fans with pitchforks lol.

Last edited:
How about all the other ex-Dolphins who have NOT been successful or have been demoted well below the positions they had in Miami? Which is... the overwhelming majority of them?

I'll tell you which two guys we lost are legitimately doing great jobs:

- Nick Saban at Alabama
- Rick Spielman in Minnesota

Funny enough, we probably had to give up on Spielman because of Saban wanting full control.

KC has the loudest stadium in the NFL, this incredible home field advantage......uhhhh you can rule out Geography.

If you believe in superstitions this appears to be an article for you. I'm not clicking.

Nick Saban failed in NFL because he couldn't hand pick his players, when that became obvious to him he quit.

If Mike Mularkey got fired tomorrow he'd be lucky to land an interview with another team.

The Dolphins have gotten two really good QB season's in the last decade, 2008 and 2016 and guess what, they made the playoffs. All that matters is the QB play. The last time we saw our franchise QB he was having the best game of his career.

It's irresponsible to use the 2017 season as a measuring stick for where we are at on the field.

If you want to spend the off season complaining and lamenting how drafting Ted Ginn Jr. is somehow relevant to the team that will take the field in 2018, you need to get yourself checked out.

Go look and see where the Golden State Warriors were 10 years ago.

Or the Seattle Seahawks.

Or the Cleveland Indians.

Or the Houston Astros.

Sports are a cycle, wait your turn.

The most important decision is always the next one, not the last one.

Except to get in on the cyclical fun...you need a foundation and identity. Miami has neither and has struggled for decades to find and maintain one.

But hey keep preaching Hope and Change. Maybe the blind squirrel will get a few nuts, eventually.

But at the same time -

Ricky Williams became a star in Miami and even though he was very good in New Orleans, he was wayyy better in Miami.
Kenny Stills has been more productive in Miami even when he had Drew Brees in NO.
Chad Pennington of the Jets also took us to the playoffs and he played very well here.

So basically ex Dolphins winning everywhere, any other teams could say the same thing. Ask Tampa Bay about L. Blount who won 2 superbowls with New England?

Pennington played so well he kept throwing the ball to Ed Reed. Oops.

Except to get in on the cyclical fun...you need a foundation and identity. Miami has neither and has struggled for decades to find and maintain one.

But hey keep preaching Hope and Change. Maybe the blind squirrel will get a few nuts, eventually.
Is it any better to preach despair and hopelessness? To each his own I guess

Is it any better to preach despair and hopelessness? To each his own I guess

Called reality homie. Until this team establishes something of a foundation and identity, the product on the field will be nothing more than unfounded HOPE.

And I don't see anything changing until 2020 at the earliest.

In The era of participation trophies and safe spaces, feelings are overrated.

Called reality homie. Until this team establishes something of a foundation and identity, the product on the field will be nothing more than unfounded HOPE.

And I don't see anything changing until 2020 at the earliest.
Who's reality? Do you think the Rams or the Eagles or Jacksonville or the Chargers or the Bills or the Saints had reality coming into the season? I would rather have hope. I can understand your pessimism but I hope you can also see some fans going the other route

Back
Top Bottom