Hyde: Hear this Dolphins? Peyton won't be playing with Luck | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde: Hear this Dolphins? Peyton won't be playing with Luck

FinsBR

Dolfan from São Paulo - Brazil
Reaction score
I sure see Ross pulling the trigger on this one!

Lebon, Pujols and Manning in Miami? Seems great!

[h=2]Hear this Dolphins? Peyton won't be playing with Luck[/h]
Now we know what the Dolphins are playing for these final four games besides possibly Tony Sparano's future: Peyton Manning's attention.

The thought of making a play for Peyton Manning this off-season entered the real of reality today when Archie Manning said the obvious: Peyton and Andrew Luck shouldn't be on the same team.
"I don’t think it'd necessarily be great for either one," Manning told FOX Radio. “I think Andrew's the type of mature player ... he can walk right in. I mean, these other three or four (rookie passers) that are playing this year, (if) they can walk in and contribute, Andrew can, too.
"We know Andrew well. He comes down to our camp every year. I used to play with his dad (Oliver) (as Houston Oilers quarterbacks in 1982-83). ... I'm in New York, I heard from him last night.
"Peyton's also tried to help Andrew and kind of be a friend. I doubt if either one want to play on the same team."
You think Archie spoke out of turn? Do you know how smart and organized the Mannings are in their public thoughts?
Peyton has to be healthy, of course. That's a big hurdle. But he will have a lot of say where he goes, because the last thing the Colts want to do is throw the guy who's been the franchise for the last decade overboard in a way that angers him forever.
Here are two obvious teams that could contend next year with the right moves: The Dolphins and the Jets.
Both will want him. Both will be in win-now mode. I'd think the Jets would have an edge, because brother Eli plays for the Giants and it'd be a great marketing chance - and the Mannings love marketing.
This is something to watch moving foward.

I have said it from the start. Manning could very well be our QB.

Oh God, I would seriously consider trying to find a way to hibernate for several years until it's all over if Peyton went to the Jets.

It be an interesting situation given his rather large contract. If we do get him, the whole draft outlook changes, and do we keep or trade Moore who will have value come draft day. Going to be a interesting off-season, thats for sure.

He's a god in Tennessee.. that would be my guess. Miami? I've got mixed emotions about backing up the Brinks truck for an immobile 36yo who's had 3 neck surgeries, especially if Columbo hangs on. If we signed him, kept Moore and drafted a top QB, well then, as unrealistic as this would seem, it might be more palatable.

I do think it's possible that from a selfish paternal standpoint, and sharing his own successful skill set, Archie is telling his buddy Oliver how best to orchestrate a power play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoever gets him is going to be very disappointed. He's never been a great playoff QB, he's 36, and he has major health issues. He won't be running his offense with his guys that he has had years to coach up and build a rapport with.

You should be way more excited right now about the possibility that Luck will pull an Elway and go to one of the teams that might be jockeying for us with Barkley or RG3.

Not buying it myself. I still think Colts will trade out of the number one pick to the highest bidder (as long as they stay in the top ten or so) and then draft Barkley or Jones to sit behind Peyton. I think our first rounder this year, first rounder next year, a couple of seconds and Jake could be enough, providing we don't win more than say 5 or 6 games. I know that is highly unlikely but who cares :3w:

Whoever gets him is going to be very disappointed. He's never been a great playoff QB,

Then I guess Brady hasn't either, as Manning has a higher career Post Season QB rating than Tom does....And over 10 points higher than Marino.

It's easy to remember the 4 INT game vs New England, but the man has been very good in the Post Season, overall.

I don't think we are in win now situation. The jets, yes but not the dolphins. Our team is still very young compared to the jets. I would rather draft a QB in the first and give that a try. Draft someone that can be the face of the franchise because we havent had one since Marino

Not buying it myself. I still think Colts will trade out of the number one pick to the highest bidder (as long as they stay in the top ten or so) and then draft Barkley or Jones to sit behind Peyton. I think our first rounder this year, first rounder next year, a couple of seconds and Jake could be enough, providing we don't win more than say 5 or 6 games. I know that is highly unlikely but who cares :3w:

and jake long?... :idk:

Good lets sign Manning and draft weeden so he will have someone to play shuffleboard with!

We wont outbid the Redskins so it doesn't matter.

Don't bet on it. Ross can buy and sell Dan Snyder many times. There are two big things to consider:
(a) Manning's health. We don't want to repeat the Daunte Culpepper disaster on bigger bucks.
(b) Can the creative accountants come up with a viable formula that fits the salary cap without gutting the rest of the team. The fact that Florida has zero state income tax is a major attraction and will not be lost on Manning.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be very unorthodox to have 2 qbs on the field at the same time.

Manning would get destroyed behind our OL.. The right side of it anyways... Unless this OL can truly pass protect, we need a QB that can rush, and Manning isnt that QB.. And I understand he can get the ball out quick

Back
Top Bottom