Hyde5: Draft or free agency for Dolphins disastrous LB unit? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde5: Draft or free agency for Dolphins disastrous LB unit?

Dolphins cannot count on McMillan returning - if he does its gravy.

When a player gets injured like he did you need to chalk up the pick as a bust.

I'm not saying he won't return, but the team cannot count on him.

So the Dolphins need 3 if not 4 linebackers.

Free agency for two - (forget signing Landry - he's not worth it) and use the $ to get 4 linebackers out of free agency - and then go draft two - and then go get like 4 more in UDFA market - and for F...sake get us a linebacking crew that is at least average.

Do the same damn thing with our offensive line and I'm happy. Dolphins should draft 2 linebackers 2 offensive linemen 2 TE's and a QB. and then we can all say our f...ing prayers that we will be a respectable team again.

I know people talk about McM as if he were a saviour. Stupid panic man crush.

Please Fins, be it draft or FA get a playmaking LB. For the record I like Smith but anyone who can make plays and cover a tight end is ok by me. I look forward to the LB talk as the combine nears. I wanted Bowman years back but we never bought in, I thought he played well and someone like that would be AOK with me.

hitchens would be the best value but I don't know that he gets you over the hump...solid player though good instincts...comes from good lb stock at iowa...same place craig kirksey called college home

hmm josey jewells school

I like bradham too but older seems to play one year well the next meh

Lorenzo carter looks like a tweener to me I like the athlete a lot but what is he at 6 foot 5? not an edge rusher and I don't see off the los lb instincts

dee ford would be a waste of money in Miami as an olb...he's an edge pass rusher

You could put McMillian at SLB..move Kiko to Mike and use Smith a weak, but do you really spend a premium on a wlb? TB got David in the 2nd round.

That's my thought as well. Alonso actually played better in the middle, but that's not ideal. If Smith is your guy, though, I think you take him and look to add a strong side linebacker in the near future.

That's my thought as well. Alonso actually played better in the middle, but that's not ideal. If Smith is your guy, though, I think you take him and look to add a strong side linebacker in the near future.

Next year, when we've seen how good McM really is and can cut Kiko. Who knows, Kiko's 'highs' are pretty good, and maybe with a better supporting cast we could play to his strengths, hide his weaknesses and end up keeping him.

And if Anthony looks good he could be that SAM. He just needs to man cover the second TE and set the edge. He's big, strong and fast enough.

Lavonte David had better instincts than smith. Smith is a little later on some things but it’s masked at the college level due to top shelf speed.

I don’t mind it as a wolb but you kick Kiko inside and you put that at weak and you are just asking for teams to run the ball downhill at you in the nickel.

Wash out your backers at the 2nd level and gut you north south. As long as the sticks allow it

Trey Burton’s a bad contract waiting to happen if you are paying him like a #1 tight end

Phillys offense has a lot of scheme driven production in it minus zach Ertz pretty much

Ha ha this place will lose its **** if they do nothing in the first 2 days at lb and plan a is Anthony at sam raekwon at mike and Kiko at weak with Anthony and Kiko tbe nickels

Thing is though after Anthony was picked up they said he was working exclusively at sam in practice

Lavonte David had better instincts than smith. Smith is a little later on some things but it’s masked at the college level due to top shelf speed.

I don’t mind it as a wolb but you kick Kiko inside and you put that at weak and you are just asking for teams to run the ball downhill at you in the nickel.

Wash out your backers at the 2nd level and gut you north south. As long as the sticks allow it

It's not as if James would disrupt the LOS with his POA and make tackles in the backfield.

Evans would be the one guy who could do both but he played very little in that lber room and had little production surrounded by that supporting cast. But the same can be said about any 'bama player. I guess you go by the tape and decide based on it cause stats are misleading one way and the athlete is misleading the other.

I like the tape.

Tahir Whitehead is a guy I don't hear named often and if we love Lions defenders as much as it seems, he'd be a no brainer.

10 carreer picks 30 pds or some' like that.

Whitehead would interest me

Evans wasn’t in the lb room much? Hmm maybe that’s why I thought he looked most comfortable north south to me on that national semi when I watched it

He’s listed at 6 foot 3 and 235 and that height he looks it based on what I saw at the national champ game coin toss

Roquan looked shorter than minkah in that same setting by a good half inch at least

Preston Brown & Nigel Bradham ate two names that come to mind. if not we need to be more proactive in securing depth in case one of our main guys goes down. Mike Hull and company should not be on this team.

There’s a lot of gap fill ask in this scheme at lb and safety that’s why I think they prefer the interchangeable types at safety minus the sure tackler ask and bigger lbs in terms of the 6 foot 2 240 types as plan a’s

I don’t think they would have drafted Eric Kendrick’s in this scheme just like I don’t think they will Roquan either even at weak

Kiko may not be the best at the poa but he’s got the size and he always leads with the proper shoulder

Brown is solid too has between the tackles instincts but I bet buffalo keeps him after trading the other guy to kc who doesn’t have much lb instincts just has a lot of size really

Brown as a nickel though you better hide with scheme

Brown is another guy though that lacks the size I think they want in the scheme

Whitehead would interest me

Evans wasn’t in the lb room much? Hmm maybe that’s why I thought he looked most comfortable north south to me on that national semi when I watched it

He’s listed at 6 foot 3 and 235 and that height he looks it based on what I saw at the national champ game coin toss

Roquan looked shorter than minkah in that same setting by a good half inch at least

Dion Hamilton was the starter next to SF crazy horrible human head case pothead.

Those 3 looked like clones to me on tape, measurables, demeanor but Hamilton is injury prone. He'll probably be available later.

If Hamilton checks health wise and isn't crazy, he'd be good value in the 4th.

Preston Brown & Nigel Bradham ate two names that come to mind. if not we need to be more proactive in securing depth in case one of our main guys goes down. Mike Hull and company should not be on this team.

Yeah phasing Hull out must be a priority. I wouldn't even tender him.

Back
Top Bottom